California Officials Are Outfitting Preschoolers with Tracking Devices

george4title

Aug 2, 2010
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crFuSf_Ufk]YouTube - California Officials Are Outfitting Preschoolers with Tracking Devices[/ame]

I don't see a problem with it if it is optional. Imagine if that 7 year old from Oregon had one in his shoe. Three months later, his parents and the police still have no clue where he is. People put chips in their dogs for crying out loud.

I don't see a problem with it if it is optional. Imagine if that 7 year old from Oregon had one in his shoe. Three months later, his parents and the police still have no clue where he is. People put chips in their dogs for crying out loud.

Optional is acceptable if it remains optional.

I'd prefer that the schools/government didn't get involved with this sort of stuff and it was left to the parents only..

The term in loco parentis, Latin for "in the place of a parent" or "instead of a parent,"[1] refers to the legal responsibility of a person or organization to take on some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent. Originally derived from English common law, it is applied in two separate areas of the law.

First, it allows institutions such as colleges and schools to act in the best interests of the students as they see fit, although not allowing what would be considered violations of the students' civil liberties.[1]

In loco parentis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there is ONE thing we expect from our school system, it is to keep our children safe. Even a parent with ONE kid can lose them temporarily. It's happened to me, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

The term in loco parentis, Latin for "in the place of a parent" or "instead of a parent,"[1] refers to the legal responsibility of a person or organization to take on some of the functions and responsibilities of a parent. Originally derived from English common law, it is applied in two separate areas of the law.

First, it allows institutions such as colleges and schools to act in the best interests of the students as they see fit, although not allowing what would be considered violations of the students' civil liberties.[1]

In loco parentis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there is ONE thing we expect from our school system, it is to keep our children safe. Even a parent with ONE kid can lose them temporarily. It's happened to me, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I can see that it's a tricky situation, thanks Chanel, I just worry that when government takes one bite of the apple they may decide they want the whole thing..

Sounds like a good idea..

Of course the Big Brother types will shake in fear....As for me, I still have my tin foil hat

I don't know anything about this technology. But if a chip can be implanted with relatively little pain in a child's body where it would have no negative effect but would enable a kidnaped child to be electronically located I think it's a good idea. I wouldn't think twice about doing it if I had young children.

Why not?

Forum List

Back