California now leads in poverty

eflatminor

Classical Liberal
May 24, 2011
23.5% according to the gubmint's new measurements. Second worst? Washington DC at 23.2%. Well done central planners, well done!

Golden State turns to lead, now leads poverty rankings | The Daily Caller

So, while America voted last week to double down on LBJ's so-called 'great society', we note that only 13.7% of Americans were poor in 1969. After more than 40 years of looking to government to "eliminate poverty and racism", how are we doing?

Despite spending TRILLIONS of dollars of other people's money, the national poverty rate has climbed to 15.8%, according to the new Census Bureau measure. But hey, the Black man is thriving, right?

If we let logic and reason have it's moment, one would question whether all this government meddling on behalf of the poor has done more harm than good. But let's not go there. It's what FEELS right that's important. :eusa_eh:

Must be Obama Country, His move Forward approach... $3562723908.gif

So you are saying the government is losing it's war on poverty? That seems inconceivable seeing their success with the war on drugs and the war on crime and their fight for education in this country. The war on poverty on the other seems to be doing quite well when you look at the rest of the wars and where they were when they started and now. I mean since we started the war on crime we have become #1 in prison population. At least we're not the #1 poorest country yet.

It's intentional too. Detroit is the Utopia at the end of every Progressive rainbow.

When it all collapses, Progressives like TM will turn to Jake Starkey and Greebeard asking "I thought you said we'd be alright?" and they will respond, "No, I said I would be alright, you be happy with your weekly ration of cat food and dirt"

Last edited:
and who was running the state into the ground?

the republicans

From the article:

The report estimates that roughly 8.8 million people in California were poor during between 2009 and 2011, when Democrats controlled the state legislature and governorship, as well as the White House.

I also noticed you overlooked the RISE in poverty after 40 years of government intervention. Since you and your type seem to think you know what's best for everyone else, explain that one.

It's intentional too. Detroit is the Utopia at the end of every Progressive rainbow.

When it all collapses, Progressives like TM will turn to Jake Starkey and Greebeard asking "I thought you said we'd be alright?" and they will respond, "No, I said I would be alright, you be happy with you weekly ration of cat food and dirt"

:lmao:

So you are saying the government is losing it's war on poverty? That seems inconceivable seeing their success with the war on drugs and the war on crime and their fight for education in this country. The war on poverty on the other seems to be doing quite well when you look at the rest of the wars and where they were when they started and now. I mean since we started the war on crime we have become #1 in prison population. At least we're not the #1 poorest country yet.

:clap2:

That's because we had a war on crime instead of a war on criminals. It's like the war on terror, but no war on terrorists. War on drugs, sure, but drug users and dealers weren't combatants.

California has been resolute in moving business out and poor unskilled illegals in. Each time an enterprise closed it was a success.

It's all the fault of the rich folks and businesses who are abandoning the Peoples' Republic of California in droves. And now the freeloaders of the Mariachi State are realizing there ain't enough pesos coming in to pay for everything. Gee, I feel so sorry for...er, I mean muy sorry for them.

Anyone with one brain cell predicted California with its liberal Utopian cumfest, would slide in the shitter first..

Forum List

Back