California not suffering, drought?

You're claiming the US government drought maps are a vast conspiracy? Like I said, you're delusional. Only you know the RealTruth, eh?

Could you tell us again about how grapes grown with water from rapidly declining reservoirs proves there's no drought? That bit of non-logic was quite amusing.
Can you show us which Grapes are watered by Reservoir instead of making a bullshit statement off the top of your head. You can not because you lied.
He did not lie. The grapes grown in Napa Valley (the most famous wine region in California) get their water from reservoirs, which are being depleted due to lack of rain. Many also get water from groundwater, which is also being depleted. Of course they all get water from rain--but that has been nonexistent.
CALIFORNIA Napa grape growers fret over their future amid severe drought -- Tuesday January 28 2014 -- www.eenews.net

Your ignorance is astounding.

Can you explain how come the recent California Rain is excluded from the Map and the Report.
The map reflects conditions of 9/2/2014. The rains came several days after that, so obviously are not included. Duh.

The Map is for dummies by the activist, David Simeral.

My OP stands vaild, California is not suffering. Record yields of Grape every year of this drought, Grapes are for wine, I did not cherry pick the grape data, it just stands out as bragging while others suffer the politics

A record harvest of Grapes for Wine while telling the public we can not take a bath or flush our toilets. I bet Obama drank that wine with his Hollywood friends as well as his friends in the rich city of Carmel.
Keep parroting your B.S. As has already been shown to you, CA agriculture is suffering to the tune of what is expected to be $1 billion. Ski resorts had horrible seasons, as did ski towns, because there was simply not any snow. Many grape farmers are also suffering. I have already given you links to data that proves all of this to be true.

Methinks that you are so blinded by your denial of global warming that refuse to the negative effects of the CA drought because you think seeing those effects means global warming is real. In reality, the presence of a drought does not require you to believe in global warming.

ignorance, try and keep up, your link is from january, my facts clearly show this year's grape harvest was beyond the January expectations and forecast. The article specifically addresses this article.

funny fact, it rained after january, all spring, the grape harvest was fat, above average.

Once again, you prove you can not read and are ignoring all the facts.

My OP is validated by the opposition again.

Now watch this post get ignored, except for maybe some cherry picking.

August and July's farm reports all prove the early January forecasts are wrong.

Further, I got rain in the week in which that report was applicable, the week before as well which the prior week ignored as well, our rain for august was the opposite of the normal precipitation, meaning it was a record wet august, for august my region was not in a drought. The drought report ignores facts.
My link is from January of 2014. Your link is from the grape harvest of 2013, not this year. You have been called out on that lie multiple times now. The reality is that the drought is harming communities and businesses across California, and doing long-term damage to our groundwater and reservoirs.
The grape harvest this year, thus far is above average, already linked, last year was a record year, both years within this, "drought".

Above average during a so called drought is not suffering.

Further, your link for 2014 grape production is from january of 2014, as I have already pointed out, hence your OPINION is wrong, try posting something from September of 2014.

Elektra, there is no one on this board that could flame your thread worse than you yourself have. You have gone from ridiculous to completely insane. There is a drought, a record breaking one, in California currently. And your denial of that, in the face of all the evidence presented by people of all political persuasions in this thread is a sad look into your psyche.

Eelektra's entire OP post is pure bullshit! You cherry picked (grape picked) crop harvest from last year & linked to articles that fit your agenda. Today's Facts prove you are a lair. Grape production & California crops listed below are at 10 year lows.

2013 Grape harvest was 7.8 million metric tons, 2014 Grape harvest was 7.2 million metric tons.
California Corn Production for 2013 was 35.1 million bushel. For 2014 it was only 19.3 million bushel.
California Rice Production for 2013 was 23,787 tons. For 2014 it was only 18,404 tons.
California Cotton Production for 2013 was 943,000 bales. For 2014 it was only 725,000 bales.

September 9th 2014 Drought Monitor

showmap.jsp

September 6th 2014 Palmer Drought Index
showmap.jsp

showmap.jsp

Elektra, there is no one on this board that could flame your thread worse than you yourself have. You have gone from ridiculous to completely insane. There is a drought, a record breaking one, in California currently. And your denial of that, in the face of all the evidence presented by people of all political persuasions in this thread is a sad look into your psyche.
I said we are not suffering and setting records producing wine.

All political persuasions? Like who.

Don't matter, a record harvest is a record harvest and you can not flame that away.

Nice try Old Crock, as in a crock of shit.

Don't matter, a record harvest is a record harvest and you can not flame that away.

How on earth is 2014's 10 year low grape production a record???????

Eelektra's entire OP post is pure bullshit! You cherry picked (grape picked) crop harvest from last year & linked to articles that fit your agenda. Today's Facts prove you are a lair. Grape production & California crops listed below are at 10 year lows.

2013 Grape harvest was 7.8 million metric tons, 2014 Grape harvest was 7.2 million metric tons.
California Corn Production for 2013 was 35.1 million bushel. For 2014 it was only 19.3 million bushel.
California Rice Production for 2013 was 23,787 tons. For 2014 it was only 18,404 tons.
California Cotton Production for 2013 was 943,000 bales. For 2014 it was only 725,000 bales.

showmap.jsp

showmap.jsp

showmap.jsp
You wish to compare a record year of grape production (in a drought year at that, 2013) with 2014 which is not over?

Thus far 2014 is above average while our grape harvest is far from over.

How is it that you think grape harvest trump these:

ca-Reg004Dv00Elem01_02012014_pg.gif

Drought%20Map%20Comparison_1.png

PRISM_Jan26precip.png

noaa-hprcc-pcp-pct-us-12m-0131.png
Because the grape harvest is what was picked, it was above average and set a record last yeat, this year is not over.

The actual harvest will always trump a colored drawing posted in a thread, I would think you would stop with the pure stupidity.
How does looking only at how big the grape harvest may be determine that the drought in California does not have any negative effects? You are cherry picking a single crop. Furthermore, you keep pointing to last year's record grape harvest, which you continually refuse to acknowledge was the result of a wetter year in the regions where grapes are grown (the drought had not yet started in those areas).
A wetter region? Which region is that? Careful, best do some google searching before you make yourself a bigger fool.

In these very threads it's stated that this drought started at the end of 2011, now you claim otherwise, I should see what your comments in that thread are.

Now how about telling us were that wet region is so I Xanax ha e fun making you look the fool. Go ahead, I doubt you will reply cause your search will put a your foot in your mouth.
You do realize that the drought does not effect every region in California equally, do you not? You are making yourself look more and more foolish with each post. I have already been over this, but since you keep forgetting let me refresh your memory.

Actually click on the link this time, it has monthly maps of the drought conditions dating back to 2011.
193 drought maps reveal just how thirsty california has become - LA Times

From December 2012 through the end of April 2013, the vast majority of Northern California (including the prime grape-growing regions) where not in any drought. In fact, from April 24th 2012 through Mid-June 2013 those wine growing regions never experienced more than a moderate drought. Then conditions got worse, and January this year they entered extreme drought.

Your grape harvest data was from 2013, a year where the prime grape-growing regions of California were not in drought at all, and at worst towards the end of the growing season where only in moderate drought. Contrast that to the prior year, which was actually drier in that region in 2013. Over the past 3 years, 2014 was the driest for this region, followed by 2012. 2013 was actually the wettest.

So now that your cherrypicked data has once again been debunked, please refute all the other posters who have given you the actual numbers of how agriculture is doing. Also feel free to refute the revenue losses of the ski resorts, which you continually ignore.

There is a drought in California, it is having negative affects, and you are an imbecile for denying it.

So.....it seems that ol' 'eekthetroll' is simply full-on crazy and completely around the bend.....

There is no water in california, worst drought ever, but water intensive crops like grapes for wine are doing better than fine, the are setting records, more grapes than ever before.
Do you take 'stupid pills' or use meth? Or were you born this stupid?

California Viticulture Hit Hard by Drought
Liberty Voice
May 15, 2014
(excerpts)
California is a major contributor within the global viticulture community. The entire state is facing a severe drought which is drastically affecting the people, wildlife and agriculture of the land mass. Because wine production and exportation is majorly important for the economy of the state, wine producers and enthusiasts are very worried about the final outcome of the drought and how hard it will have hit California’s lucrative viticulture. The production of wine is under scrutiny by residents of the state. The amount of water necessary to keep California’s wine production stable is astronomical. With 100 percent of the state’s residents now having to watch their personal water intake, many are looking to ensure that the wineries are also under the same rules. Many wineries have been looking for new underground wells to tap in order to sustain their crops, while others are abandoning their vines altogether.

Wine growing regions of California are normally very prosperous- one region within the state was awarded the Wine Region of the Year in 2013 by Wine Enthusiast magazine. California provides well over three-fourths of the nation’s wine. Earlier this year wine production was expected to crawl, with a 25 percent decrease in production across the board. With the entire state now under the most severe drought it has seen in 100 years, wine production and viticulture as a whole will likely slow even more in the coming months, with this hit of hardship possibly lasting for years. Some regions, particularly the Napa Valley, were expecting the worst earlier this year in terms of drought and were confident that crops could withstand the lack of water. However, other areas only had one month of water earlier this year, so it is very likely that their current situation is dire. On average, a grapevine being grown without water restrictions requires about six gallons of water per week. Needless to say, the grapevines of California are not receiving this necessary amount of water. Some growers are preparing for zero production for the remainder of the year as they watch their vines succumb to terrible drought conditions, one by one.

Global warming green energy advocates are the new nazis, the new bigots.
In reality, anthropogenic global warming deniers are the new 'Flat Earthers', the new 'Know-Nothing Party', and the tragic victims of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Oh, and then there is this....

Godwin’s Law (earlier referred to as reductio ad Hitlerum [1]) was formulated by the attorney Mike Godwin (former general counsel for the Wikimedia Foundation) in the 1990s and states:
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.”
Traditionally in many Internet discussion forums, it is the rule that once such a comparison is made, the discussion is effectively finished and whoever mentioned Hitler or the Nazis has automatically lost the debate.
It is raining right now, torrential downpour and Rolling Blunder looks at a Google paid search result for the truth.

LOL. You're so funny. I'm glad it's raining wherever you are 'cause I'm sure your area needs it, but most (or almost all) of the state hasn't had any rain in quite a while. Reservoirs are drying up and the water-table is sinking to greater and greater depths. Like a lot of rightwingnut retards, you can't seem to comprehend the difference between the weather in your backyard and the larger picture of the whole state, country or world.

BTW, I may use Google to find articles about the drought to cite on here to demonstrate what an idiot you are and how stupidly fraudulent your moronic OP was, but I can see for myself the almost depleted reservoirs here in the Bay Area and how extremely low Shasta Lake was in northern California. I live in a grape growing region and I know the growers are getting hit with water restrictions and are having to cut back on the acreage they can keep in cultivation until the drought (hopefully) eases up and we get some decent rains again.

I'm afraid that, if you imagine that California isn't in a drought, or that anthropogenic global warming isn't quite real and very dangerous, it is your head that is firmly jammed up your ass.
Another RollingBlunder

You see? Then take pics and post them, I got some reservoir pics, and they are full. Hell I already posted some in other threads, time for them again. Just took a pic of two reservoirs a week ago, but that is another thread, this is about record grape harvests.

My article trumps yours, from the "Liberty Voice". Is that like CNN, FOX, or USA Today? At least you did not play your deck of google cards to draw from wikipedia again, that was dumb and I see you did not do that again. You learn, but not to fast.

Early 2014 Grape Harvest Begins - Wines Vines - Wine Industry News Headlines

Early 2014 Grape Harvest Begins California vintners optimistic about early vintage with continued high quality by Andrew Adams “california Steve Matthiasson picked these clusters of Syrah from the Dunnigan Hills AVA on July 28. Several North Coast winemakers plan to start harvesting grapes for sparkling wine Wednesday. San Rafael, Calif.—An early vintage is getting started in the North Coast, where a few vintners are picking grapes this week for their sparkling and rosé wine programs. While the 2013 vintage arrived earlier than normal, some growers see signs that 2014 will be even earlier. They’re happy to report though that grape quality is comparable to 2012 and 2013, and yields are expected to be slightly above average if not as big as in 2013

Read more at: Early 2014 Grape Harvest Begins - Wines Vines - Wine Industry News Headlines
Copyright © Wines & Vines

Wow, how about that, 2014 yields are expected to be above average, during the worst drought in our history.

Again, Drought?

Enjoy the Wine, record yields during a drought is reason to celebrate.

What suffering?

Post some suffering, that is the OP and if you disagree, post the suffering.

wv-2014-07-29_harvest.jpg

NO RAIN? We have floods, all of Southern California got hammered.
Wow, this link says above average for grape production in 2014.

But not a 11 year low, or a 12 year low, or even 20 year low, why did you CHERRY PICK, ten.

Further I stated 2013 set a record.

A better question is how can you claim a ten year low in 2014 before the harvest is over.

Either way, above average during a drought is not suffering, is it.

[Q years, UOTE="?KissMy, post: 9787250, member: 21241"]

The USDA has already counted the crop in the fields & the harvest. 2014 grape production is a 10 year low![/QUOTE]
Still above average, still follows a record year.

How come you did not go back, 11 years?

So again how do you explain we are suffering with above average yields?

But not a 11 year low, or a 12 year low, or even 20 year low, why did you CHERRY PICK, ten.

A better question is how can you claim a ten year low in 2014 before the harvest is over.

Crop production usually increases every year due to ever improving genetics & technology to keep up with the demand of a growing population. Falling a decade backwards is a huge setback caused entirely by weather that could not be overcome by the best ever genetics & technology.

Again the USDA has a rigorous crop inventorying system that counts crops in the field. They start out with the optimum production numbers & keep subtracting yields as crop scouting uncovers weather, disease, insects, weeds, pests & harvest problems that decrease yields. The current USDA numbers are usually optimistic due to many unforeseen crop destructions to come before the years end. The actual harvest will fall below the current counts.

The USDA has already counted the crop in the fields & the harvest. 2014 grape production is a 10 year low!
Still above average, still follows a record year.

How come you did not go back, 11 years?

So again how do you explain we are suffering with above average yields?

Ok I just went back to 2002 Grape Production was 7.4 million metric tons, so the 2014's 7.2 million metric tons of Grapes will be a 12 year low. Are you happy now?????

Last edited:
Good grief! How did I find myself in this thread??
This is not discussion.

You're claiming the US government drought maps are a vast conspiracy? Like I said, you're delusional. Only you know the RealTruth, eh?

Could you tell us again about how grapes grown with water from rapidly declining reservoirs proves there's no drought? That bit of non-logic was quite amusing.
Can you show us which Grapes are watered by Reservoir instead of making a bullshit statement off the top of your head. You can not because you lied.
He did not lie. The grapes grown in Napa Valley (the most famous wine region in California) get their water from reservoirs, which are being depleted due to lack of rain. Many also get water from groundwater, which is also being depleted. Of course they all get water from rain--but that has been nonexistent.
CALIFORNIA Napa grape growers fret over their future amid severe drought -- Tuesday January 28 2014 -- www.eenews.net

Can you explain how come the recent California Rain is excluded from the Map and the Report.
The map reflects conditions of 9/2/2014. The rains came several days after that, so obviously are not included. Duh.

My OP stands vaild, California is not suffering. Record yields of Grape every year of this drought, Grapes are for wine, I did not cherry pick the grape data, it just stands out as bragging while others suffer the politics

A record harvest of Grapes for Wine while telling the public we can not take a bath or flush our toilets. I bet Obama drank that wine with his Hollywood friends as well as his friends in the rich city of Carmel.
Keep parroting your B.S. As has already been shown to you, CA agriculture is suffering to the tune of what is expected to be $1 billion. Ski resorts had horrible seasons, as did ski towns, because there was simply not any snow. Many grape farmers are also suffering. I have already given you links to data that proves all of this to be true.

Methinks that you are so blinded by your denial of global warming that refuse to the negative effects of the CA drought because you think seeing those effects means global warming is real. In reality, the presence of a drought does not require you to believe in global warming.

ignorance, try and keep up, your link is from january, my facts clearly show this year's grape harvest was beyond the January expectations and forecast. The article specifically addresses this article.

funny fact, it rained after january, all spring, the grape harvest was fat, above average.

Further, I got rain in the week in which that report was applicable, the week before as well which the prior week ignored as well, our rain for august was the opposite of the normal precipitation, meaning it was a record wet august, for august my region was not in a drought. The drought report ignores facts.
My link is from January of 2014. Your link is from the grape harvest of 2013, not this year. You have been called out on that lie multiple times now. The reality is that the drought is harming communities and businesses across California, and doing long-term damage to our groundwater and reservoirs.
The grape harvest this year, thus far is above average, already linked, last year was a record year, both years within this, "drought".

Further, your link for 2014 grape production is from january of 2014, as I have already pointed out, hence your OPINION is wrong, try posting something from September of 2014.
No, the grape harvest for this year is

showmap.jsp

showmap.jsp

showmap.jsp
You wish to compare a record year of grape production (in a drought year at that, 2013) with 2014 which is not over?

2013 was not a drought year for the primary grape producing regions of California. In fact, it was a wetter year for those regions than 2012, as I already pointed out. Stop repeating your lie.

Lol. So the fact that grape-production could possibly be at an even lower historical low than 10 years proves crops are doing unusually well? That things might be even worse refutes your arguments further.

Lol. So the fact that grape-production could possibly be at an even lower historical low than 10 years proves crops are doing unusually well? That things might be even worse refutes your arguments further.
No, the fact that its an above average, and where did you point out its at a ten year low, you said it, but I do not recall the figures being posted.

No, the grape harvest for this year is

showmap.jsp

showmap.jsp

showmap.jsp

2013 was not a drought year for the primary grape producing regions of California. In fact, it was a wetter year for those regions than 2012, as I already pointed out. Stop repeating your lie.
(1) The record crop growth was last year, which is 2013. In other words...before the drought. So the OP article is irrelevant to what this year's crop yield will be, which is not yet known because the year is not over, and which will most definitely be less than 2013.

(2) CA is most definitely in a drought. I live here, and I see it with my own eyes every day. The drought is very real and very serious, regardless of the validity of global warming.

(3) The above two points are all that needs to be said in this thread.

Last year, 2013, is before the drought that has been going on since the end 2011?
The drought did not begin state-wide at the end of 2011, nor were there serious drought conditions in the region that grows grapes. As to the article I am responding to, the wine region in reference was not in drought at all in the first half of 2013, but in fact was even wetter than the prior year (hence the higher crop yields). Only at the end of 2013 did it even begin to experience any significant levels of drought, and by that time the grapes had already been harvested (harvesting season for grapes is around August).
192 drought maps reveal just how thirsty California has become - LA Times

Conditions began to worsen across the state towards the end of 2013, and the state of emergency was declared January of this year. Sorry, but your grape example doesn't discount anything. It only shows you are misinformed.

My OP specifically states we are not suffering, we are setting records in agriculture as well as water preservation. We celebrated a record grape harvest during the current drought, hardly suffering.
We did not suffer record grape harvest during the current drought, as proven above. Water preservation is in response to the drought, and it is completely bizarre that the fact people are using less water is somehow evidence in your mind that the drought is having no effect--that is exactly the effect you would expect a drought to have.

You live here, big deal, I live here as well and see it with my own eyes, the shutting down of two nuclear power plants, less energy means less energy to pump water.

How naive you are to believe that the media and the government actually tell the complete truth.

Is there one story, is there one news report, are there any politicians discussing the impact of trying to pump water after shutting down two nuclear reactors?

What about the impact of pumping water with Green Energy? Is it even possible?

I do not trust the government nor the media.

Try reading Cadillac desert and watching Chinatown, then take a look at your drought stricken state.
I don't trust the government or the media either. But that doesn't mean everything they say is automatically false. The reality is that CA is suffering a very serious drought, and that drought is having an impact on agriculture and regions used to higher levels of water across the statement. Even up in the mountains snow levels were so low that many ski resorts lost big money.

But feel free to keep your head in the sand and pretend like the drought doesn't matter--just be careful. When the rains do come again, the soil will be more prone to flooding, and you might get washed away.
Keep my head in the sand, better to keep my head in the sand, versus being like you with your head up your ass!

Try some reading comprehension to start, my title states, "California not suffering," that is with a comma, we are not suffering. Not unless like I point out, that I can not flush my toilet nor take a bath.

So you failed to realize that I am making a point, that some are suffering while people like you drink their wine and look down upon us who suffer your policies.

I realize that this may not be your position but this is the point I fighting, which you have taken upon yourself to argue.

How about that title, "drought?", with a question mark, get your head out of your ass and think about what that means as well.

And how about all the other threads here, do you think maybe this thread is a response or a counter to the information being posted.

If ShakledNation has his way, we are to ignore record grape harvests while being told we are in a drought over 30 months old, as posted in this thread and this link;

California suffering through SEVERE climate change US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

California Facing Worst Drought on Record NOAA Climate.gov

In the 30 months preceding December 2013, the state has received closer to 33 inches, just a bit less than the previous record low for a similar period, from July 1975-December 1977.

ShakledNation now wants to change the drought time period, ShakledNation has a clever google cut/paste to explain away contradictions.

Get your head out of the sand, ShakledNation and try and keep up.

That region was, "even wetter", than the prior year. As stated by ShakledNation. That region is where Southern California gets it water, we pump it from there.

We pump water from at least three sources, the first Water Project as started by Mullholland was the Owens Valley. Second was the Colorado, Third the Central Valley Project.

Three sources for Southern California water because Southern California is always in a drought, but thanks for pointing out that it was wetter than average from our largest source of water, up north.

ShakledNation, more like ShakledBrain
Ladies and gentlemen, above is a clear example of how someone responds when their argument is completely destroyed.

Pointing out that Southern California gets its water from the north is pointing out the obvious and has nothing to do with anything I said. You created a bizarre argument where last year's grape harvest somehow means that the drought is not serious or having an effect. You cherry picked a single crop as if that is proof of the effects of the drought on the state. The reality is that the region that grows these grapes was not in a drought for the first half of 2013, which is the prime growing season for grapes. The serious drought in that region began this year, not in 2013. Furthermore, grapes require less water than many other crops, meaning they will be less effected by drought to begin with.

The reality is that the drought has hurt many people throughout California.
(1) Many communities have had to go without water as water wells have literally run dry.
(2) Ski resorts lost money due to lower snow levels. This has also harmed local businesses that rely on winter tourism to survive.
(3) The drought is expected to cost CA farmers $1 billion in lost revenue.

And guess what? The grape and wine industry is hurting too! It helps to actually look at recent data, not data from a year ago when there was no serious drought in the region.

Because of the drought, at least 80 percent of grapes on one 160-acre lot at La Jolla Farming are shriveled and soft, unable to go to market and turned away by wineries. That leaves at least 2 million pounds on the ground to rot. The owners expect to grow 10% of what they normally grow.

So you can keep up your nonsense about the drought not effecting California, and that the media is just making everything up. But back in reality, the rest of us will be addressing the problems and realizing the situation is very, very real.
80 % of 160 acres is 120 acres, 120 acres is only 0.00015 % of the total acreage of grapes in California, I thought you were joking with this post.

Further the "report" clearly states "District didn't give us the water", which is political, this particular farm is a new farm, not an old farm with grand-fathered water rights, hence they lost 120 acres.

How come they did not report the total loss for Kern County? Or the total loss for this farm. How come you did not post the losses for the biggest farms in Kern county?

Is not concentrating on 160 acres, cherry picking?

There is much that is sour, in this Grape link of yours, like they say they could not sell the grapes to wineries, which is a no-brainer, they do not produce wine grapes. Further, because 2013 and 2012 were record years for wine grapes, there tanks are all full, they are not purchasing any grapes not already contracted for. This year they overplanted wine grapes, there will be a glut and losses becuase of this, not the drought.

Further the report is from Aug. 24th? Do you expect to be taken serious two months into a five month harvest when the company you use as an example is still selling grapes, according to their website they will sell grapes until the end of November.

How about this, the supermarkets are full of grapes at a fair price, I can buy all the grapes I want, go ahead, check it out yourself, go to the supermarket and see if you can not fill your cart full of grapes if you want, at 2 bucks a pound.

You posted so much bullshit in so little time with so little thought its impossible to address it all.

You make claims about 2014 which are impossible to substantiate because the crop reports are not in.

Last edited:
2000 Grape harvest was 7.5 million metric tons, 2014 Grape production 7.2 million metric tons. This years crop yield is a 15 year low not seen since 1999. Every years harvest should be a record year, because advanced genetics, technology & education consistently increase production to keep up with increasing populations consumption. This years drought set grape production back 15 years. The most advanced advanced genetics, technology & education in history could not overcome the California drought to increase production as it should have.

California's 25 year grape crush totals increased on average as it has throughout history, but 2014 will be a 15 year setback due to drought.

California Grape Crush Annual Totals shown below.

Year / Tons Grapes Crushed
1988 = 760
1989 = 872
1990 = 804
1991 = 840
1992 = 888
1993 = 979
1994 = 936
1995 = 1,052
1996 = 1,079
1997 = 1,461
1998 = 1,333