California NAACP Proposes Removing National Anthem

Is it time to get rid of our National Anthem?

• Yes

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Other, and I'll explain

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
:argue: Oh, so now the far left,,NAACP have concluded that our national anthem is racist? Where were all of the people in 2009?
God, if The Star Spangled Blanner is so racist, then all of those rap songs that frequently use the "N" word in their lyrics are not racist?
You would think that the NAACP would be more concerned over changing the name of the nation on "Niger" instead of rewriting the S.S.B. and remove all of those lyrics pertaining the glory of slavery out of the lyrics.
See my point?
:iagree:

:argue: Oh, so now the far left,,NAACP have concluded that our national anthem is racist? Where were all of the people in 2009?
God, if The Star Spangled Blanner is so racist, then all of those rap songs that frequently use the "N" word in their lyrics are not racist?
You would think that the NAACP would be more concerned over changing the name of the nation on "Niger" instead of rewriting the S.S.B. and remove all of those lyrics pertaining the glory of slavery out of the lyrics.
See my point?
Link?

Here is a compromise. Every time the 3rd stanza of the National Anthem comes up, Black People can hum Public Enemy "Fight The Power". There, all better?
im just hearing this on the news, they must be joking? why didnt the NAACP bitch about this all these decades? what happened? did Maxine find a lyric in there that was making jokes about black people?

" The NAACP collects millions of dollars through racial incitement. They go out of their way to create race issues, because the more race issues they create the more they have got an appeal for begging for funds, but what do they do with that money. What do they do with it?

They do not spend one single cent to build any factories, or shops to create jobs or to contribute to the development of free enterprise in this country. They’re not interested in that.

In fact, when they hold a convention they don’t even go near the Negro neighborhoods, when they’re spending their money. In Cleveland recently when they held their convention they collected money from the business people in Cleveland, the colored business people. They went to a white hotel and they ate in white restaurants. They didn’t spend any money in the Negro business places, yet they say that they are for the race. It’s unfortunate that when they were in Washington at this so-called summit conference, they went to the Raleigh hotel, the white hotel on Pennsylvania Ave. They ate in the restaurants there; they didn’t even go near the colored community. They ’re supposed to represent the colored people.

They do not want to spend one single penny of the money that they collect for the purchase of land and home construction. They’re not interested in that, because they consider the purchase of land and development of a Negro community as “segregating yourself.” They’d rather see the Negro with nothing than to have that kind of thing develop. They are only interested in one thing—to get into every neighborhood, but build nothing yourself.

They spend nothing for specialized training for talented youth. If it wasn’t for white philanthropists establishing foundations and contributing money for these purposes there would be no means of talented young men getting financial aid in order to educate themselves. And they’ll tell you about inequality of education. The Communist have planted the idea, “Don’t do anything for yourself, just get out there and fight and yell and scream and demand everything.”

They don’t spend a single penny for building hospitals. I remember back in the 30s there was a campaign to build a big colored hospital in Harlem. And there was an obstreperous group of white liberals and Negroes who were against it. Now here was an opportunity for them to build this hospital, that would redound to the credit of the Negro. But this small group vetoed it; said this is segregating yourselves. The Jews and everyone else build hospitals.The Negro won’t build any, and he stands off and says you’re segregating yourself when you build it!

I don’t know by what logic these people come by that. That’s a good excuse for doing nothing. And you’ll merit nothing but contempt, because when you don’t do anything people don’t have anything but contempt for you. But when they can point to something that you do constructively, they can say with pride, “What a fine community of people we have, and how industrious and progressive they are.” That goes far in the direction of breaking down any prejudice than anything else could do."~ Manning Johnson, 1959

Color, Communism and Common Sense -- Chapter 1

How things DON'T change...

See my point?
You're so stupid you make my heart hurt reading your posts.

Tucker had an afro-american "professor" explain the "racist" concept. The Star Spangled Banner says that American patriots including American slaves must defeat the British who allegedly had slaves. But they should avoid killing any British slaves since those slaves would earn freedom by killing Americans. So Americans defeating British slaves who are trying to kill Americans were racist because that means those British slaves would not be able to earn freedom to be a British subject. Believe it or not that was the insane "professors" explanation of the "racism" he sees in the National Anthem! And he instructs his clueless students to believe it in order to pass the class! :p

Last edited:
See my point?
Or Nigeria. Or the word for "Black" in Spanish (negro). Or the word black in Arabic (abed - also means "slave')

Yes, DO see your point.

Niger is pronounced with a hard i. As in Nye Ger.

Meanwhile..just more ado about nothing in getting the USA to be even more divided.

Tucker had an afro-american "professor" explain the "racist" concept. The Star Spangled Banner says that American patriots including American slaves must defeat the British who allegedly had slaves. But they should avoid killing any British slaves since they would earn freedom by killing Americans. So Americans defeating British slaves who are trying to kill Americans is racist because that means those British slaves will not be able to earn freedom to be a British subject. Believe it or not that was the insane "professors" explanation! And he instructs his clueless students to believe it in order to pass the class! :p
No limit to liberal loonieness. :rolleyes:

Tucker had an afro-american "professor" explain the "racist" concept. The Star Spangled Banner says that American patriots including American slaves must defeat the British who allegedly had slaves. But they should avoid killing any British slaves since those slaves would earn freedom by killing Americans. So Americans defeating British slaves who are trying to kill Americans is racist because that means those British slaves will not be able to earn freedom to be a British subject. Believe it or not that was the insane "professors" explanation of the "racism" he sees in the National Anthem! And he instructs his clueless students to believe it in order to pass the class! :p
Ive heard the SSB at least 25 times so far,.,I dont recall any lyrics pertaining to watermelon, grits..KFC,,afro sheen and grape soda

Ive heard the SSB at least 25 times so far,.,I dont recall any lyrics pertaining to watermelon, grits..KFC,,afro sheen and grape soda
I'm 71 years old. I've heard the star spangled banner all my life. I 've never heard these goofball words the NAACP is talking about. BTW. the NAACP is the most racist org in America, pushing Affirmative Action for over half a century.

Forum List

Back