California Legislature to Expand Illegal Alien Benefits!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
California Legislature to Expand Illegal Alien Benefits -- WASHINGTON, Sept. 24 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

bannertimetosecureamerc.jpg

These undocumented workers are coming here out of necessity. It is immoral to label them as illegal when they are coming here and taking the worst jobs at the worst pay only to send the money back to their families in hope that they can one day come to the United States where a better life is possible for them. There once was a time in America, you know, when we actually encouraged immigration. The statue of liberty reads "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Can you imagine if your grandparents or great grandparents or whoever brought you here had to go through an inefficient and decades-long citizenship process, only to be the designated gripe catchers of American society?

Also, with NAFTA, capital can cross the United States-Mexico border without a problem. Prospective immigrants, however, have it harder than ever. Are we, then, saying capital is more important than thousands of people whose only hope is a below-minimum wage American job? Either way, advocation for harsher border policy is not only impractical but also morally abhorrent.

Edit:

Only a WASP American baby could ever have a problem with educating the poor. Are you kidding me

Last edited:
Morally abhorrent? WTF? When did it become "morally abhorrent" to have immigration laws, polpotterybarn? Did you read the article in the link? California is almost (if not already) bankrupt. It's bonds have been downgraded and many pundits believe the state will soon default.

California Leads Nation to Bond Default Abyss: Kevin Hassett - Bloomberg

California has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the nation -- by nearly three points.

Google - public data

Your POV has no logic to it. If we do not secure our borders, deport illegals and aid Mexico to become habitable to its own people, we risk our own economic survival.

Morally abhorrent? WTF? When did it become "morally abhorrent" to have immigration laws, polpotterybarn? Did you read the article in the link? California is almost (if not already) bankrupt. It's bonds have been downgraded and many pundits believe the state will soon default.

California has one of the highest rates of unemployment in the nation -- by nearly three points.

Your POV has no logic to it. If we do not secure our borders, deport illegals and aid Mexico to become habitable to its own people, we risk our own economic survival.

At its current state, American border policy is abhorrent. The climate with regard to undocumented workers and Mexicans in general is abhorrent. Attacking the symptom instead of the disease is abhorrent.

These undocumented workers are in a unique position. They need to do something to survive. Official policy and millions of angry white people say they can't come here to America. Yet, when they come, they are welcomed with open arms by American companies. You can't blame the undocumented workers for doing this any more than you can Jean Valjean for stealing bread to support his family. Except, if the analogy were to be 100% accurate, the bread would have to have been willingly handed over to him and he was still prosecuted for his crimes.

At the end of the day, California's debt is not the fault of undocumented workers, many of whom work under fake social security numbers and therefore actually pay taxes on their income and pay sales tax on the things they buy. Maybe the tax rate on the top 2% should be more than it is now? No, that would be mean to the poor millionaires living in America.

A solution to the unemployment would be to stop the underbidding on wages - give the immigrants citizenship and then they have to be paid minimum wage.

These undocumented workers are coming here out of necessity. It is immoral to label them as illegal when they are coming here and taking the worst jobs at the worst pay only to send the money back to their families in hope that they can one day come to the United States where a better life is possible for them. There once was a time in America, you know, when we actually encouraged immigration. The statue of liberty reads "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" Can you imagine if your grandparents or great grandparents or whoever brought you here had to go through an inefficient and decades-long citizenship process, only to be the designated gripe catchers of American society?

Also, with NAFTA, capital can cross the United States-Mexico border without a problem. Prospective immigrants, however, have it harder than ever. Are we, then, saying capital is more important than thousands of people whose only hope is a below-minimum wage American job? Either way, advocation for harsher border policy is not only impractical but also morally abhorrent.

We welcome LEGAL immigration.

Legal Immigrants sometimes have to wait a DECADE or longer to get in America LEGALLY !!!

It isn't fair to them that the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS get ahead of them, and their rightful benefits as future Americans.

Illegal Immigrants who break the law crossing our borders are as guilty as those that steal or commit some other ILLEGAL activities and should be PUNISHED.....not REWARDED AS IN CALIFORNIA and some other states.

Certainly, they are not to be encouraged by their illegal status by a POS like Obambo who is in the process of ILLEGAL Legislation under the guise that the phoney legislation in his agenda would NOT supposedly benefit the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Like practically everything else that the EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD does......Obambo LIES about it.

But then an Obamarrhoid LIEbturd arsehole like you knows that. And, STILL posts the TRANSPARENT SHIT that you do.

Google - public data

Me thinks.. polpotterybarn is a victim of a life of free rides...

Google - public data

Me thinks.. polpotterybarn is a victim of a life of free rides...

I like to think I'm a good person, but I cannot fathom where this idea comes from that we should reward criminals with citizenship.

As small as the hispanic population is in America, they sure can fuck up a area.

Legal Immigrants sometimes have to wait a DECADE or longer to get in America LEGALLY !!!

It isn't fair to them that the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS get ahead of them, and their rightful benefits as future Americans.

Illegal Immigrants who break the law crossing our borders are as guilty as those that steal or commit some other ILLEGAL activities and should be PUNISHED.....not REWARDED AS IN CALIFORNIA and some other states.

Certainly, they are not to be encouraged by their illegal status by a POS like Obambo who is in the process of ILLEGAL Legislation under the guise that the phoney legislation in his agenda would NOT supposedly benefit the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Like practically everything else that the EXPOSED MONUMENTAL FRAUD does......Obambo LIES about it.

But then an Obamarrhoid LIEbturd arsehole like you knows that. And, STILL posts the TRANSPARENT SHIT that you do.

Martin Luther King, Jr., in his letter from Birmingham Jail, wrote, "one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that 'an unjust law is no law at all.'" The "illegals" are taking their survival into their own hands. Not everyone has the luxury of having decades to wait. But then again, MLK is black and most undocumented workers are Latino so you probably hate this post.

Martin Luther King, Jr., in his letter from Birmingham Jail, wrote, "one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that 'an unjust law is no law at all.'" The "illegals" are taking their survival into their own hands. Not everyone has the luxury of having decades to wait. But then again, MLK is black and most undocumented workers are Latino so you probably hate this post.

What exactly is unjust about our immigration laws, polpotterybarn?

I like to think I'm a good person, but I cannot fathom where this idea comes from that we should reward criminals with citizenship.

Many people here seem to have a misplaced sense of morality in following the law. Once again, "one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." Keep in mind that at one point it was illegal to help blacks escape slavery, to drink alcohol, to write articles critical of the government, to serve blacks and whites together, to have integrated schools. You're saying, then, that you would have had no problem agreeing with these laws (which hindsight shows us were clearly wrong) simply because they were laws?

That is not a reply, polpotterybarn. Civil disobedience is committed by citizens. Illegals are not here with legal permission. You said "not everyone can wait" but what gives any non-US person the right to enter without government approval?

I'm just mystified at folks like you, who seem to believe Mexicans have a "right to the American Dream too". Do I have a right to the Australian Dream?

What exactly is unjust about our immigration laws, polpotterybarn?

Not only are they needlessly and ridiculously complex and time-consuming (h ttp:// reason. com/assets/db/07cf533ddb1d06350cf1ddb5942ef5ad.jpg), they reinforce the sentiment that people are subordinate to capital. People have literally died because of these laws. It was once a crime to leave water bottles for these immigrants. This isn't supposed to happen in any country, especially not a country that supposedly is one of the best in the world.

Many people here seem to have a misplaced sense of morality in following the law. Once again, "one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." Keep in mind that at one point it was illegal to help blacks escape slavery, to drink alcohol, to write articles critical of the government, to serve blacks and whites together, to have integrated schools. You're saying, then, that you would have had no problem agreeing with these laws (which hindsight shows us were clearly wrong) simply because they were laws?
Ya but the Mexicans are making America a shitty place just like they already have done in Mexico.

What about that?

That is not a reply, polpotterybarn. Civil disobedience is committed by citizens. Illegals are not here with legal permission. You said "not everyone can wait" but what gives any non-US person the right to enter without government approval?

I'm just mystified at folks like you, who seem to believe Mexicans have a "right to the American Dream too". Do I have a right to the Australian Dream?

American citizens are suddenly better than non-American citizens? More deserving of the you've had, unquestioned, your whole life? Yes, I think someone from Mexico has the same right as me, an American citizen, to live a good life. Most people (myself included) have the luxury of looking at these life-or-death decisions as an abstract instead of as a reality. For these families, though, the situation is real and the choice is obvious: go to America or starve to death. We are in no position to tell them that it is wrong to do this.

American citizens are suddenly better than non-American citizens? More deserving of the you've had, unquestioned, your whole life? Yes, I think someone from Mexico has the same right as me, an American citizen, to live a good life. Most people (myself included) have the luxury of looking at these life-or-death decisions as an abstract instead of as a reality. For these families, though, the situation is real and the choice is obvious: go to America or starve to death. We are in no position to tell them that it is wrong to do this.

Four million people are now starving, dying of thirst or disease in Pakistan. Do we also owe all of them a rescue? Has it not yet dawned on you the US does not have unlimited resources and cannot be run like a Red Cross for the entirety of Planet Earth?

Forum List

Back