California Leg. OKs funding for high-speed rail line

There's a big difference in trains since the 19th century

Foley_18.jpg
KmzICgAg&bvm=bv.54934254,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNH_XrSLSTniCK163AYFGX3KTRhBJg&ust=1382322638050739[/IMG]

bullet-train.jpg

Poor poly junkee, here is the world record holder for STEAM trains... Mallard set the record in 1938 at 125.88 mph (202.58kmh). Funny, they understood aerodynamics way back then too.

You need to read a book sometime, there's loads of history that you seem to be completely oblivious to. BTW I actually rode this beast in 1960! Quite the ride!

DS050580_2.png
I'm not the one arguing against trains.

No one is arguing against trains, we are arguing against wasting money.

No, but you try and intimate that we are wrong by showing a old fashioned engine vs a modern HSR. I merely showed you that the technology to go fast existed a very long time ago AND THE TRAIN COMPANIES STILL FAILED!

If it was all about speed they would still be around don't you think?:eusa_whistle:
They are around, bigtime, in other countries.

Only because of massive government subsidies. They lose billions in every country where they are built.

No, but you try and intimate that we are wrong by showing a old fashioned engine vs a modern HSR. I merely showed you that the technology to go fast existed a very long time ago AND THE TRAIN COMPANIES STILL FAILED!

If it was all about speed they would still be around don't you think?:eusa_whistle:

yeah...And with very high taxes to subsidize them..Plus, a much higher proportion of Euro people travel by other means than by auto.
We are an auto society. Our investment is in roads. Europe's is in rail.
It is what it is.
If you want to travel by train all the time, move across the Pond.

[ame=http://youtu.be/QVqVdQYC44Y]Monorail - YouTube[/ame]

Only because of massive government subsidies. They lose billions in every country where they are built.

Correct. In the story it is notable that each nation's government is involved.
Another example of how government does it's best to screw up.
One of the problems the Euro Zone has is in most cases large industrial companies are heavily subsidized by taxation.

Forum List

Back