California Latinos fearful after immigration raids

Yep, ol’ bastards like me and Congressman John Murtha should be lined up and shot for our disloyalty to…….um…..to….(help me out here).

I just thank Christ Himself I didn’t have to resign under this person’s "administration’.

Give me a good reason to understand your views and I'm there and I'll try.
What makes a liberal tick? And if my ideas are so communist then that means you are fine with the state of our nation right now. See the conservatives aren't just to blame here and you know it. Immigration has been an issue for over 30 years and no one has tried to really address it. To many loop holes to get through, money being the main problem.

Give me a good reason to understand your views and I'm there and I'll try.

Experience. That’s a good reason. I’m not extremely bright, but I do learn things - how they work and why people act and protect their perspectives the way they do. You live long enough and you learn to stay out of the spray. Not smart like GunnyL and he lets me know it, pretty much all the time.

What makes a liberal tick?

What makes most of them tick is a sense of panic and doom. I dislike that view - very much, especially when I know about 90% of the world’s issues can be settled with hard work. Don’t know what makes them tick - only know what makes me tick. An Independent perspective, and since the summer of 85’, the freedom to express it.

And if my ideas are so communist then that means you are fine with the state of our nation right now. See the conservatives aren't just to blame here and you know it.

Don't know where that comes from - don't recall calling anyone that. As far as blame goes - despite the face changes in the Oval Office, it is still the room where "The Buck Stops Here", like it or not.

Immigration has been an issue for over 30 years and no one has tried to really address it. To many loop holes to get through, money being the main problem.

The War On Terror has only been in the forefront since September 11th, 2001.
And I understand the 'money thing'. That's how all politicians get re-elected.

But understand that in WWII, FDR put Marines on Clipperton Island, 1245 miles from our shores to protect our borders - a tiny spit of land out in the middle of the Pacific - cause that was his job in wartime. But somehow we can't secure a border we can drive to? On the issue of labor coming accross the Mexican border - what do you think Fox was coming to visit Bush about at the time of 9/11?

Ok those are pretty reasonable responses. About 9/11 and the war on terror. My opinion is if the politicians had left the troops alone and allowed them to root out the evil then the job may have gotten done. Would it have stopped them? The terrorist will stop at nothing until they have unleashed there destruction on the west. Immigration has been a long time coming. You mentioned hard work-----Amen to that but first one must employee all these free loaders on the system that the liberals have allowed to be dependant on. Hard work is all parties in Washington D.C. coming together for the common good of not just the people whom elected them to do a specific job; but our Nations security both foreign and domestic.
Fear? I'm not sure if I can yet grasp that term. But what I can except and digest is accountability of our elected leaders. I can say that personal agendas are part of the individual and that makes up the package when a person is elected into public office.
What I’d like to witness and see is a government that sticks together and has disagreements but is always unified and shows pride for the position and party for which they represent instead of pointing fingers and finding fault.
That to me is why beyond experience and living on this green earth, that is a nation under God.

Yep, ol’ bastards like me and Congressman John Murtha should be lined up and shot for our disloyalty to…….um…..to….(help me out here).

I just thank Christ Himself I didn’t have to resign under this person’s "administration’.

Murtha........ needs an ass whipping.
You? I dunno, likely not.
Resign? Enlisted guys don't resign. They reenlist, retire, accept discharge, or get kicked out.

Being liberal doesn't mean you are bad. It just means that you are wrong most times :rofl: (that was a joke. An all conservative or realist board would be stale)

Letter from me to Congressman Murtha sent 6-1-06. I got a form letter back.

Congressman Murtha,

One of the tenets of retiring is that we are allowed to relax, grow our hair, and speak our mind. Obviously we both have mastered those three skills.

Regarding your comments on the alleged incident at Haditha. Sir, your comments were completely over the top. When on active duty, I would bet you lunch at the SNCO club that you would not have tolerated such inflammatory commentary towards any of your Marines without benefit of a guilty verdict at a General Court Martial. So I have to remind you of those leadership traits and principles that you obviously didn’t apply when talking about your fellow Marines. I need to remind you that you are also failing to set an example for your fellow members of Congress. I need to remind you that in your capacity as an elected representative you have poisoned the investigation. If by some chance they are exonerated, are you going to apologize publicly to the young Marines? And if you were to apologize, is there any hope that your staff will ensure the apology gets the same press as your “in cold blood” declaration?

To put a point to it Colonel, you may’ve been speaking as a congressman but the public took your words as a Marine. Semper Fidelis doesn’t mean we are faithful to atrocities. If these Marines are found guilty then I will applaud the fact that Marines take care of their own, for good or ill. Semper Fidelis means you should be faithful to the concept of innocent until definitively proven guilty.

Perhaps a visit to the field, eating MRE’s, and sleeping in a GP or CP tent might remind you of those core values that you may’ve let slip. It’s the only reason I can imaging you would say what you did, considering your background and record.

MSgt Phillip E. Gwinn USMC (ret)
Lubbock, TX

Murtha........ needs an ass whipping.
You? I dunno, likely not.
Resign? Enlisted guys don't resign. They reenlist, retire, accept discharge, or get kicked out.

Being liberal doesn't mean you are bad. It just means that you are wrong most times :rofl: (that was a joke. An all conservative or realist board would be stale)

Letter from me to Congressman Murtha sent 6-1-06. I got a form letter back.

Congressman Murtha,

One of the tenets of retiring is that we are allowed to relax, grow our hair, and speak our mind. Obviously we both have mastered those three skills.

Regarding your comments on the alleged incident at Haditha. Sir, your comments were completely over the top. When on active duty, I would bet you lunch at the SNCO club that you would not have tolerated such inflammatory commentary towards any of your Marines without benefit of a guilty verdict at a General Court Martial. So I have to remind you of those leadership traits and principles that you obviously didn’t apply when talking about your fellow Marines. I need to remind you that you are also failing to set an example for your fellow members of Congress. I need to remind you that in your capacity as an elected representative you have poisoned the investigation. If by some chance they are exonerated, are you going to apologize publicly to the young Marines? And if you were to apologize, is there any hope that your staff will ensure the apology gets the same press as your “in cold blood” declaration?

To put a point to it Colonel, you may’ve been speaking as a congressman but the public took your words as a Marine. Semper Fidelis doesn’t mean we are faithful to atrocities. If these Marines are found guilty then I will applaud the fact that Marines take care of their own, for good or ill. Semper Fidelis means you should be faithful to the concept of innocent until definitively proven guilty.

Perhaps a visit to the field, eating MRE’s, and sleeping in a GP or CP tent might remind you of those core values that you may’ve let slip. It’s the only reason I can imaging you would say what you did, considering your background and record.

MSgt Phillip E. Gwinn USMC (ret)
Lubbock, TX

Hell of a post, and letter Marine!!!:clap2:

Forum List

Back