California here we come

Nice it'll be a tiny help with the budget deficit.

Now, about those unfunded long term liabilities CA faces, estimated to be $60Billion in health and dental benefits alone for retired state workers...and there's more where that came from.

• Banned
How about we do the honest thing and pay for these peoples medical care like we promised them.

Now this recovery is barely in gear.

Cali will pull out of this and soar in a couple of years.

You will have moonbeam Jerry to thank.

"The unexpected improvement in the fiscal picture was the result of rising incomes. California workers will make, on average, an additional $4,000 over the next two years, estimates show, which will mean more income taxes coming in.

Jay Chamberlain, the head of financial research for the state, said the increases primarily came from the top of the income spectrum, generally people who made at least $200,000."

Once again, the rich come to rescue failed ideas of the Progressive

There's a sucker born every minute. And, apparently, most of 'em are born in California.

"Expected to see" and idiots like Septic Tank take it as 'fact'. Which demonstrates the gullibility of partisan hacks very nicely.

"The unexpected improvement in the fiscal picture was the result of rising incomes. California workers will make, on average, an additional $4,000 over the next two years, estimates show, which will mean more income taxes coming in.

Jay Chamberlain, the head of financial research for the state, said the increases primarily came from the top of the income spectrum, generally people who made at least $200,000."

It is what it is.

Note; last year at this time in a week its our anniversary) we went to resort on the cali coast for the weekend. Last year the room tax was 10%, its now 14.75%. I know thats a local tax really ( they get 10 the state gets 4.75%) but its an indicator as they are in a fix, they need the revenue but don't want to push someone away to another venue, yet, they are desperate enough to charge it anyway..................., and everything here has been going up, my wife shops every week and she says we are paying at least a full 12-15% more this time last year for the same staples we buy every week. ( AND some of the containers have shrunk).

and Brown swants to re-authorize all of the tax increases that were sold to the state as 'temporary" for 3 years which expire in 2 months, he now wants an additional , get this- 5 , thats five years....

now, I don't know about you but as a reasonable person, 5 years is not a number I would use to assign to an issue as 'temporary', most especially after having it the last 3 years, for a total of 8 years, if approved...fuc him.

Well, let's see, California's deficit is 15.4 billion, was over 26 billion but they used some accounting tricks and shifted the burden for a lot of that onto the local gov'ts. And they got an increase of 2.2 billion as of April 30, which they expect to be 6.6 billion over 2 years. That ain't half in my book.

It is what it is.

Note; last year at this time in a week its our anniversary) we went to resort on the cali coast for the weekend. Last year the room tax was 10%, its now 14.75%. I know thats a local tax really ( they get 10 the state gets 4.75%) but its an indicator as they are in a fix, they need the revenue but don't want to push someone away to another venue, yet, they are desperate enough to charge it anyway..................., and everything here has been going up, my wife shops every week and she says we are paying at least a full 12-15% more this time last year for the same staples we buy every week. ( AND some of the containers have shrunk).

and Brown swants to re-authorize all of the tax increases that were sold to the state as 'temporary" for 3 years which expire in 2 months, he now wants an additional , get this- 5 , thats five years....

now, I don't know about you but as a reasonable person, 5 years is not a number I would use to assign to an issue as 'temporary', most especially after having it the last 3 years, for a total of 8 years, if approved...fuc him.

There is nothing more permanent than a temporary tax. - author unknown

Being that this is a campaign year, I expect nothing less than rosey reports from Ca.
Anyone can shuffle numbers to attain a desired sum.
It's a wait and see from Ca.

Looks like things are looking up for California...and you have radical RW reactionaries like CaliforniaGirl who wants this NOT to be true.

These degenerates never cease to amaze me.

How about we do the honest thing and pay for these peoples medical care like we promised them.

Now this recovery is barely in gear.

Cali will pull out of this and soar in a couple of years.

You will have moonbeam Jerry to thank.

The Time Proven Formula to Success: Always.....but ALWAYS go opposite to TruthDoesn't Matter.

The deals where debt service payments are made with projected revenue are called "workouts"

Nice it'll be a tiny help with the budget deficit.

Now, about those unfunded long term liabilities CA faces, estimated to be $60Billion in health and dental benefits alone for retired state workers...and there's more where that came from.
I'd say California should look-INTO that!!!!

"The California electricity crisis, also known as the Western U.S. Energy Crisis of 2000 and 2001 and the Phony Energy Crisis of 2001 was a situation where California had a shortage of electricity caused by market manipulations and illegal shutdowns of pipelines by Texas energy consortiums.

California had an installed generating capacity of 45GW, but at the time of the blackouts demand was 28GW. A demand supply gap was created by energy companies, mainly Enron, to create an artificial shortage. Energy traders took power plants offline for maintenance in days of peak demand to increase the price.

The financial crisis was possible because of partial deregulation legislation instituted in 1996 by Governor Pete Wilson. Enron took advantage of this deregulation and was involved in economic withholding and inflated price bidding in California's spot markets. The crisis cost $40 to $45 billion.

Vice President Dick Cheney was appointed in January, 2001 to head the National Energy Development Task Force. In the Spring of that year, officials of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power met with the Task Force, asking for price controls to protect consumers. The Task Force refused, and insisted that deregulation must remain in place."

"The unexpected improvement in the fiscal picture was the result of rising incomes. California workers will make, on average, an additional $4,000 over the next two years, estimates show, which will mean more income taxes coming in."

As California goes....SO GOES THE NATION!!!!!!

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

Between THIS, and the up-coming elimination of the Bush tax-cuts....you "conservative"-neophytes will FINALLY see what the '90s ECONOMY WAS ALL ABOUT!!!!

$ . $ . $ . $

gal_kennedy_funeral_bill_clinton_barack_obama.jpg

"Hell....after you've blown the deficit outta-the-water, like I did....in 2016, Hill & I will move-in and KILL the ENTIRE-debt!!!"

Last edited:
So they are guessing that they will get an extra 6.6B, they don't actually know.

Libs love sceince but hate da maff.

And reading the story they plan on spending chunks of this etheral wind fall, and NOT put it all to the debt.

Conservatives call that "fuzzy math'.

There's a sucker born every minute. And, apparently, most of 'em are born in California.

"Expected to see" and idiots like Septic Tank take it as 'fact'. Which demonstrates the gullibility of partisan hacks very nicely.
You (obviously) spent the '90s in the back-seats o' TOO-many rented-cars.

:eusa_whistle:

Looks like things are looking up for California...and you have radical RW reactionaries like CaliforniaGirl who wants this NOT to be true.

These degenerates never cease to amaze me.
It isn't like we haven't seen this all, before..... :rolleyes:

"Here’s what conservative politicians said about the 1993 deficit reduction legislation that raised taxes on the top 1.2% of our wealthiest citizens:

"Clearly, this is a job-killer in the short-run. The impact on job creation is going to be devastating." — Rep. Dick Armey, (Republican, Texas)

"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit." — Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)

"I will make you this bet. I am willing to risk the mortgage on it…the deficit will be up; unemployment will be up; in my judgment, inflation will be up." — Sen. Robert Packwood (Republican, Oregon)

"The deficit four years from today will be higher than it is today, not lower." — Sen. Phil Gramm (Republican, Texas)

"The President promised a middle-class tax cut, yet he and his party imposed the largest tax increase in American history. We hope his higher taxes will not cut short the economic recovery and declining interest rates he inherited… Instead of stifling growth through higher taxes and increased government regulations, Republicans would take America in a different direction." — Sen. Robert Dole (Republican, Kansas)

Forum List

Back