California Gov. Brown to Seek Sweeping Pension Cuts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaféAuLait, Oct 27, 2011.

1. CaféAuLait

CaféAuLait This Space for Rent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,323
    California Gov. Brown to Seek Sweeping Pension Cuts

Read more: California Gov. Brown To Seek Sweeping Pension Cuts | Fox News

Sounds eerily familiar will there be the same outrage? Cutting pensions and raising the retirement age...

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    When a Liberal recommends it it is good. I mean Bush is blamed for 6 trillion deficit in 8 years and they say that was bad, but Obama will have 5 trillion in 4 years and they say that is good.

Bush had 2 wars and that was bad, Obama had 4 and that was good.

3. truthsaga

truthsaga Economic and BlowBack Ace

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56
    ::Crosses Fingers:: I live in California, but there are other ways of balancing the budget as well.

4. MeBelle

MeBelle Mebellien Mothership © Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    Sweeping pension reform my butt.

5. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Nobody has said that the debt under Obama is good. What is questionable is how much of it really is Obama's fault. With Bush, it was mostly Bush's fault and that of the Republicans. They had full control for six full years and then they led us to the housing bust. Yes, it was a bit more complicated than that, it always is. Just as now, Obama doesn't deserve all the blame, neither did Bush.

What bothers me the most is that everyone is more interested in blaming someone else for all of our problems, yet nobody is interested in actually trying to find any solutions. This has been more than obvious with the Republicans trying to castrate Obama every chance they get. Their only goal is to get him out, no matter the cost to this country.

6. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,886
    LOL @ extreme partisans who think they can twist reality in their sticky little unwashed hands!

7. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    It's not anyone's fault but the people who keep electing rich corporate prostitutes.

8. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    Ok lets deal with reality. Go use this internet and discover that the Republicans only had control of the full Congress 4 years of Bush's 8. Then do a little more research and discover that he never had solid control of the Senate for any of that time.

Liberals claimed because the dems did not have 60 votes in the Senate in 2010 and most of 2009 they were not responsible. Republicans never had more then 55 votes as I recall.

Talk to your liberal buddies I ask early on why Obama borrowing 50 cents on every dollar the US spent was good and was told Obama's debt was good because he spent the money in the US ( even though that is not true) then research how many foreign entities got his stimulus.

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Excuse me? It was 'more complicated than that' but it was Bush's fault? :lol: No, it wasn't. Both sides.... equally to blame for this clusterfuck. Bush just happened to be the President at the time. The only way you can claim Bush carried the majority of the blame is by completely ignoring the facts. You might do that. Honest people do not.

10. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628
    Wasn't Ol'Jerry the Gov when all these lovely pension and HC plans were enacted??

He's on the right track now but good luck getting the unions to go along since they've been hosing the taxpayers for years.

Wonder if they will all be in the Sacramento State House to protest as they were in WI??