California faces deadline tomorrow to avoid junk bond status

What self study course did you take if I can ask? And where and how long ago? And yeah, the LSAT is sort of like the keys to the magic kingdom. Its really quite insane and absurd how much the test matters to getting into law school. My gpa sucked in undergrad (I don't really like school that much...and yet here I am ;p). Yeah...I usually get $100 an hour, although sometimes I take less because it can be hard to actually ask for $100 an hour over the phone.

prepmaster, at the beginning of this great century....yes, way to much emphasis is placed on the LSAT...while i will agree that it does a fair job in determining the type of logic required for law, it does a poor job of determining who will make a good lawyer. they claim the stats on the higher the lsat the more you will graduate lawschool or pass the bar, from what i learned, not so much. i think more schools are considering other factors. but the lsat is still the key to the magic kingdom....

Prepmaster? What the hell, I've never even heard of that. Is that a California thing? I guess if it was 9 years ago, perhaps a bit before my time. I suspect it does a good job in determining how successful one will be as a lawyer, but of course it does. Getting a better LSAT means one goes to a better school, which means one has a better chance of getting hired, etc, etc. Chicken or the Egg, eh?

Schools are trying to move away from the LSAT, but until US News and World Report does, they will stick with it.

Its also interesting because the LSAT is, in essence, a particular type of good, I'm not quite sure what the name of it would be. But a good where people assume that the more you pay, the better quality instruction you are getting. I never thought I'd be charging this much, but at one point I had too many students so I started slowly inching up my prices, and here I am.

well....in the lsat may be an intangible good, in that someone owns the rights to it....but your teaching is a service. the test itself, i don't know if tests can be considered a good....under the UCC at least.
[/quote]

Oy, lets not be douches for once, eh? ;p. Yes, technically its a service, but the point remains.

Hell, when I first came to NYC I had a summer free, so I figured I'd do some good and I offered to teach people for $10 an hour if they could provide me with proof that they weren't hellof rich or some such shit. I got nobody. Nobody is willing to pay me $10 an hour, but they are willing to pay me $100 an hour? What the hell is wrong with people?

nik......its all about the value of goods or services. did you take any business in college? most people will assume the higher priced product is better.

I was a philosophy major. So no, I took no business. I suppose that might have helped me, but I sort of think taking Psych classes would have helped me more. Its interesting to really understand why people do the things they do and how they act.

My school pays 100% of my loans if I do public interest <3. So I'm not really worried about a job. My girlfriend on the other hand is a summer associate this year and is freaking out because they aren't hiring that much this year. My year is actually getting fucked, badly. Last years people are mostly getting deferred, and by next year the economy will pick up, but for this year, you gotta be on your toes to land a biglaw job.

fucking sweet if they pay your loans, thats amazing. how much time do you have to give though? absolutely right on as to the last.

Not that long. You'll forgive me if I don't want to give the exact number of years, but its not that many. I can also work for part of it and they'll pay back part of it. Its a pretty amazing program.

My school pays 100% of my loans if I do public interest <3. So I'm not really worried about a job. My girlfriend on the other hand is a summer associate this year and is freaking out because they aren't hiring that much this year. My year is actually getting fucked, badly. Last years people are mostly getting deferred, and by next year the economy will pick up, but for this year, you gotta be on your toes to land a biglaw job.

your a guy?....you have a girlfriend?...WOW....and here all this time i thought you were a female.....dam dude you bitch and moan like a bitchy broad....you come off in these threads like a bitchy chick....geezus change your mannerisms....or are you just the "guy" in the relationship....but really your a dyke...right?....which is it?....man-woman or dyke?.....and if you come back at me bitching and moaning Nik.....i am going to assume its choice no 3....

Are you this retarded in real life?

And I actually have two, thank you very much. And no I'm not a sub, if thats what you are inferring. And if you judge someones sex by how they act on the internet, you are even stupider than I thought you were. Which is quite an impressive feat.

your a guy?....you have a girlfriend?...WOW....and here all this time i thought you were a female.....dam dude you bitch and moan like a bitchy broad....you come off in these threads like a bitchy chick....geezus change your mannerisms....or are you just the "guy" in the relationship....but really your a dyke...right?....which is it?....man-woman or dyke?.....and if you come back at me bitching and moaning Nik.....i am going to assume its choice no 3....

:lol::lol:

Prepmaster? What the hell, I've never even heard of that. Is that a California thing? I guess if it was 9 years ago, perhaps a bit before my time. I suspect it does a good job in determining how successful one will be as a lawyer, but of course it does. Getting a better LSAT means one goes to a better school, which means one has a better chance of getting hired, etc, etc. Chicken or the Egg, eh?

no, i was not at a cali university at that time...i can tell you didn't google them...i thought you would...i did and they no longer do the intensive review, so whatever that means....what do i care, i just did your homework for you.

so what is up the "but of course".....you think that a better chance at getting hired makes you a better lawyer... you'll learn.

Oy, lets not be douches for once, eh? ;p. Yes, technically its a service, but the point remains.

if you think it is a "douche" that tells you the difference between a good and a service on a message board....you're in for a rude awakening. further, this is not a small misconception, like saying : he is found innocent, rather than saying, he is found not guilty....<-- makes no ultimate difference in the law, as the end meanning is the same. but a good and service, vast difference, in contract law, IP law, etc....

I was a philosophy major. So no, I took no business. I suppose that might have helped me, but I sort of think taking Psych classes would have helped me more. Its interesting to really understand why people do the things they do and how they act.

in my experience the top of the class of in lawschool were those who took poli sci, english or history. words. i am still working on mine everyday.

Last edited:

Are you this retarded in real life?

And I actually have two, thank you very much. And no I'm not a sub, if thats what you are inferring. And if you judge someones sex by how they act on the internet, you are even stupider than I thought you were. Which is quite an impressive feat.

you did not come back bitchy like you usually do Nik-o.....good move...so dyke is out.....or are you just trying to throw me off?....

no, i was not at a cali university at that time...i can tell you didn't google them...i thought you would...i did and they no longer do the intensive review, so whatever that means....what do i care, i just did your homework for you.

so what is up the "but of course".....you think that a better chance at getting hired makes you a better lawyer... you'll learn.

I said successful, not a better lawyer. You don't need to be a good lawyer to be successful, appearance is half the battle.

if you think it is a "douche" that tells you the difference between a good and a service on a message board....you're in for a rude awakening. further, this is not a small misconception, like saying : he is found innocent, rather than saying, he is found not guilty....<-- makes no ultimate difference in the law, as the end meanning is the same. but a good and service, vast difference, in contract law, IP law, etc....

I'm not really in for a rude awakening. Yes, thats douchey. Correcting people on minor issues that have nothing to do with the point being discussed is douchey. If you want to try and score internet points on people, feel free to be as douchey as you like, but this was a civil discussion at one point.

in my experience the top of the class of in lawschool were those who took poli sci, english or history. words. i am still working on mine everyday.

I have no idea about what the majors are of the people who are at the top of the class. I do know, however, that if you want to go to law school you should major in philosophy. It is the single best major for taking the LSAT, bar none.

Forum List

Back