California election delayed by court

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
LOS ANGELES - A federal appeals court postponed the Oct. 7 recall election Monday in a decision that threw what has already been a chaotic campaign into utter turmoil.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals (news - web sites) ruled that the historic vote cannot proceed as scheduled because some votes would be cast using outmoded punch-card ballot machines. The decision applies to all the recall questions on the ballot, as well as two propositions.

The court withheld ordering the immediate implementation of its decision by one week to allow time for an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Read the rest here

DAMN that 9th Circuit Circus!! They're responsible for Alaska, too.

If you remember, they're the ones that ruled against the 'One Nation, Under God' in the pledge.

They've got some rabid Libs there... that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Notice nobody bitched for the last 50 years in liberal land about the punch cards. Now they are scared a republican might actually win !

I think we need to get rid of the kangaroo court and the ACLU. Think about this, the ACLU wants the phrase "Under God" taken out of the pledge, but sues for the rights of a prison group to practice their anti-white religion. Go figure.

I think we need a new venue on the ACLU !

I agree eric. Look when we were younger, there was no problems then with "under God"!! it kills me. Even in some areas after 9/11 you weren't allowed the flag, might bother some others, too bad!!!! sick of it all!

The 9th Circuit did do one thing right, however, by ruling Washington's blanket primary system unconstitutional. I don't think it will go into effect until after the '04 primaries though.

oooh let's not forget that i think ZERO (maybe one) of you live in cali.

besides the point.

when the recall law was put into place in 1911, the population of california was 1.5-2 million. this equates to a liberal estimate of 5% of the voters had to sign for a recall. minus the internet, minus the transportation.

today the population is around 36mil. this is about .27% of the population, and that's not counting the 1.5 million personally sponsored by the man the GOP would like to forget about. criminal record, anyone? do you see where i am going with this?

300,000 of those signatures of the 160,000 or so collected were discounted because those people were not registered to vote! pretty anxioud, weren't they? i sure hope they passed out voter registration forms while soliciting signatures! i doubt it. funny, but sad.

i don't care if it was a republican, and i ain't hot on davis, but i will never vote for that bullshit recall! if that happens, it will continue with every single candidate consuming millions of dollars and wasting my time reading news about it.

and that's not counting the 1.5 million personally sponsored by the man the GOP would like to forget about. criminal record, anyone? do you see where i am going with this?

Sponsored by the man? Are you talking about Homey from the Hood?

I really don't see where you're going with this, can you spell it out carefully so that the rest of us Homies can follow? Word up, G-dog!

300,000 of those signatures of the 160,000 or so collected were discounted because those people were not registered to vote!

Well, I just have to wonder about your level of education, my young Grasshopper.

Let's see... 160,000 minus 300,000 equals MINUS 140,000 people!

Holy shit!

I tell you what, I bet the Evil Oil Companies hired Dubya's UFO Service to abduct all of them! That would take an awful lot of UFOs, but hey... we're talking about Oil and Dubya here! Nothing is beyond their collective diabolical minds!

Awwwwwwww! Isn't that terrible that people that aren't registered to vote (read not people that are legal citizens or don't care enough about the USA or their State to vote) didn't get a chance to really vote? What, do you want me to clap? That's all I can pull out of that bullshit paragraph. If you're not registered to vote, you're either :

A) An illegal alien

or

B) A citizen who doesn't have enough intelligence register to vote to participate in the election process anyway.

pretty anxioud, weren't they?

Homey sez what?

you've lost sight of intelligent debate- but i guess this the most entertainment you get all day, so more power to you! hehehe.

it was 30,000 and the word was 'anxious'. :rolleyes: does it make more sense to you now? for someone so self-proclaimed wise, you sure don't try to figure things out. you need bibliographies, pictures with freaking circles and arrows to prove that terrorists aren't trying to kill us right now. and even still, you'll think they want to kill you and your family right now. so you should kill them first. newsflash, billybob, you live in FEAR.

honestly, does it really matter that i don't bother reading over my posts for little irrelavant errors like that? get off it and back pm subject, or jimnyc will have to give you your own 'special' thread. :p

you say you 'knocked me down' BWAHAHAHAH

yet this is the best you can muster. at this point, you are just trying to mess with me. you think i or anybody is impressed by your sad display?

Forum List

Back