California Drought

cfv007

Rookie
Jul 18, 2015
Does NO ONE see the ten's of thousands of new homes, apartment complexes, office suites, and shopping centers being constructed in Southern California?? I'm sure there is plenty of construction going on statewide, but I live in Southern California and new construction is rampant! Explain to me how building even ONE NEW HOME makes ANY sense if we are truly experiencing a major drought?

Here's some very simple math...

More dwellings = MORE PEOPLE = MORE WATER CONSUMPTION.

HELLO? Stop the uncontrolled growth!! At LEAST till we have the water, electricity, and infrastructure to support it!!

Take a freaking breather and STOP NEW CONSTRUCTION!!

Until we have the resources... QUIT MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE!!

DUH!

Does NO ONE see the ten's of thousands of new homes, apartment complexes, office suites, and shopping centers being constructed in Southern California?? I'm sure there is plenty of construction going on statewide, but I live in Southern California and new construction is rampant! Explain to me how building even ONE NEW HOME makes ANY sense if we are truly experiencing a major drought?

Here's some very simple math...

More dwellings = MORE PEOPLE = MORE WATER CONSUMPTION.

HELLO? Stop the uncontrolled growth!! At LEAST till we have the water, electricity, and infrastructure to support it!!

Take a freaking breather and STOP NEW CONSTRUCTION!!

Until we have the resources... QUIT MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE!!

DUH!
We stopped a new complex from being built near us...but honestly, the developers have lots of lobby money and in most cases own the county governments that approve such things. It's hard to get that stuff stopped.

Any talk of why unlimited population growth is a bad idea is absolutely forbidden, of course, as dictated by political correctness. Only dirty liberals think infinite population is a bad idea. Therefore, anyone pointing out infinite population is a bad idea will be condemned for being some kind of dirty hippie environmentalist, and a Nazi eugenicist as well.

And here is the kicker. While we could be helping California save it's crops, and fruit and nut trees and ease the drought on it's residents, we are instead, allowing France to suck our clean water out of our lakes and streams for pennies. They bottle it and sell it for dollars to those overseas who are experiencing the same problem as California.
Vote America instead of global and let's let California have some of our water instead of Nestles.

I believe we should be advancing fusion to solve our water problems. That, and having gun lovers help out with better aqueducts and roads, whenever they should have to present themselves to the Judicature for not being well regulated enough to stay out of trouble.

And here is the kicker. While we could be helping California save it's crops, and fruit and nut trees and ease the drought on it's residents, we are instead, allowing France to suck our clean water out of our lakes and streams for pennies. They bottle it and sell it for dollars to those overseas who are experiencing the same problem as California.
Vote America instead of global and let's let California have some of our water instead of Nestles.

Nestle came into my community and smoozed the local officials and almost got the rights to suck unlimited ground water.

I think it was the 600 trucks a day that would be hauling water up the mountain road that is the only way out of this area that got people up and angry. The deal died.

But now another bottled water company is making their pitch. I hope the members of the board of the Services District received enough graft from Nestle to ignore this threat.

One would think that the governor would have ultimate authority and by way of this authority, orders to cease issuance of new building permits would arise. Why is he doing nothing?

Any talk of why unlimited population growth is a bad idea is absolutely forbidden, of course, as dictated by political correctness. Only dirty liberals think infinite population is a bad idea. Therefore, anyone pointing out infinite population is a bad idea will be condemned for being some kind of dirty hippie environmentalist, and a Nazi eugenicist as well.

That's funny. The only group that is actively moving to CA are illegal immigrants. All other demographics seem to be leaving the State. Them's libs moving in, not cons.

They may be unlikely to vote for Republicans this season, but I think you'd have a hard time showing that illegal immigrants were liberals. Oh... wait, you meant POOR. Got it.

Will Calif. go back into drought?...
icon5.png

Dry Winter Sparks Fears of Another Drought in California
February 01, 2018 - The snowpack that's essential for California's water supply is at critically low levels again this year, raising fears of the return of a drought.
On Thursday, researchers from the state's Department of Water Resources headed into the Sierra Nevada to measure water content and snow levels at the Phillips Station near Lake Tahoe. They found the snowpack stood at less than a third of its normal size for the date. A weekly report released by the U.S. Drought Monitor also shows 44 percent of the state is now considered to be in a moderate drought. That's a dramatic jump from just last week, when the figure was 13 percent. Spring and summer snowmelt of the Sierra snowpack is a crucial element to California's water supply, recharging reservoirs during the state's dry summer and early fall.

485EDAE3-7D7D-4896-B3C2-DF659508FBB9_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Bret McTigue, left, and his daughter Taylor, 8, head to the slopes at Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort in Echo Summit, California, Jan. 3, 2018. Researchers on Thursday found that the snowpack in the area stood at less than a third of its normal size for the date.​

While the current Sierra snowpack is worrisome, officials say, it's not yet time to sound the alarm for another California drought, thanks in part to California having its wettest water year in 122 years in 2017. California lifted a drought state of emergency less than a year ago, ending a record five-year drought. But the drought never really seemed to end in some Southern California areas, said Daniel Swain, a climate scientist with the University of California, Los Angeles. Los Angeles has received only one significant rain in nearly 12 months.

A little farther north, in Ventura and Santa Barbara counties, the lack of rain and the dry vegetation were perfect fuel for a December wildfire that grew to be the largest recorded in state history. When it finally did rain, the scorched earth turned into deadly mudslides. Roughly half of the state's precipitation falls from December through February. So far, there's been little precipitation in parts of the state, and the forecast is showing little relief and calling for higher temperatures. The situation looks just as worrisome across much of the West. At the beginning of the year, the snowpack was unusually low across swaths of Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona.

Dry Winter Sparks Fears of Another Drought in California

It all comes back to GREED.
Not at all. It comes back to the improper use of the water that we have, and the fact that we have an expanding population. You think that California has problems? The Ogallala Aquifer is going dry. 8 mid-western states, and one of the biggest bread baskets in the world will be severely affected.

Forum List

Back