California Dreamin' bout LGBTQ

THAI EXPAT

Jun 14, 2017
Thailand
I just read where California has issued a Travel Ban to 4 more states, bringing the total to 8.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/23/us/california-travel-ban/index.html

(CNN)California has issued a ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel to four more states that it says have laws discriminating against LGBTQ people.

The travel ban was first put into effect January 1 when state measure AB 1887 became law. The law says California is "a leader in protecting civil rights and preventing discrimination" and should not support or finance "discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people."

The travel ban list also includes states that California believes don't protect religious freedoms and states that it says use religious freedom as a basis of discrimination.

"Our country has made great strides in dismantling prejudicial laws that have deprived too many of our fellow Americans of their precious rights. Sadly, that is not the case in all parts of our nation, even in the 21st century," California Attorney General Xavier Becerra said in a statement Thursday.

Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, and Tennessee were the original states banned by AB 1887, but Becerra added Alabama, Kentucky, South Dakota and Texas on Thursday, citing what he called new discriminatory legislation enacted against the LGBTQ community in those states.

Alabama, South Dakota, and Texas all recently passed legislation that could prevent LGBT parents from adopting or fostering children and Kentucky passed a religious freedom bill that would allow students to exclude LGBTQ classmates from campus groups.

BUT BUT BUT BUT, isn't that one state discriminating against other states because they discriminate against Queers? What about all the straight students that wish to engage in Intramural sports and Academic competition with those states. Is that not discrimination against those who do not wish to participate in the LGBTQxyz lifestyle?

This very same CA Attorney General Pontificated against Trump's Travel Ban to protect all Americans:
California joins lawsuit challenging Trump's latest travel ban

“Last month, our courts put a lid on the unconstitutional and un-American Trump Muslim travel ban because Americans stood up and demanded it," Becerra said in a statement. "The victory for lawful permanent residents and current visa holders was welcome news for everyone, especially the victims’ families. But the fight for fair and lawful treatment of all who would seek permission to enter our country is not over."

The state’s legal brief makes a case that California is harmed by the new travel ban. California is home to more than 10 million immigrants, welcomed almost 8,000 refugees last year, and hosts the greatest number of international students— almost 150,000 — of any state, the legal filing says.

The University of Southern California has 150-200 graduate students and post-doctoral scholars from the six affected countries each year.

The president’s executive order “substantially interferes with the continued matriculation of these students to California’s universities and colleges," the lawsuit alleges.

The brief quotes UC President Janet Napolitano as saying the latest executive order’s restrictions on travel are an “anathema to advancing knowledge and international cooperation” and infringe on “the free flow of students, faculty, scholars and researchers that are at the core of the universit[ies’] education, research and public service missions.”

BUT BUT BUT BUT, what about the

“the free flow of students, faculty, scholars and researchers that are at the core of the universit[ies’] education, research and public service missions.”

They can no longer go to 8 states because their travel is state funded!

I'm so confused!!!!

stock-vector-confused-cartoon-guy-scratching-his-head-78297871.jpg

California offers sanctuary to people who want to Murder LBTQxyz in the name of their Muslim faith, but bans travel to states that don't want to give LBTQ, children to play with. CA says Travel Bans are Unconstitutional, but enforces a travel ban to 8 fellow states because of Laws applied to their residents. So CA thinks it is OK to tell other states how to treat their citizens, but the President shouldn't tell California how to treat foreigners. WTF

I lived in CA for 11 years, and owned a Dive Bar for 6 of those years. The laws were confusing and an increadable variety of people shared habitation, but all common sense seems to have left when I did. We called California, The Granola State, full of fruits, nuts, and flakes. But it seems to have lost all the ordinary people who I lived and worked with. Did they all go to Texas, as I did? It seems the Media types and Silicone Valley Billionaires run the place.

Lord Jerry Brown went to Beijing to assure China that the Nation of California would continue to support Climate Change cooperation, no matter what the POTUS says.
Gov. Jerry Brown, America's unofficial climate change ambassador ...

www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-jerry-brown-china-trip-20170601-story.html

Jun 1, 2017 ... Jerry Brown, America's unofficial climate change ambassador

I hope he didn't choke on the smog that plagues Beijing!
Sandstorm pushes Beijing smog off pollution charts - CNN.com

www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/asia/beijing-sand-storm-pollution-beyond-index/index.html

May 4, 2017 ... Pollution in Beijing reached hazardous levels Thursday morning, as a large sandstorm swept through the Chinese capital.

Lord Jerry Brown went to Beijing to assure China that the Nation of California would continue to support Climate Change cooperation, no matter what the POTUS says.
Gov. Jerry Brown, America's unofficial climate change ambassador ...

www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-jerry-brown-china-trip-20170601-story.html

Jun 1, 2017 ... Jerry Brown, America's unofficial climate change ambassador

I hope he didn't choke on the smog that plagues Beijing!
Sandstorm pushes Beijing smog off pollution charts - CNN.com

www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/asia/beijing-sand-storm-pollution-beyond-index/index.html

May 4, 2017 ... Pollution in Beijing reached hazardous levels Thursday morning, as a large sandstorm swept through the Chinese capital.

The pollution in Beijing is godawful.

Which is one of the reasons China is finally taking air quality and climate change seriously.

I was surprised to see so many wind turbines in China- but it will take a long time for China to phase out their dirty coal.

"On Thursday, California Atty. Gen. Xavier Becerra said Texas and three other states were being put on a list of states that had adopted laws seen by Becerra as discriminatory to the LGBT community and therefore were off-limits for state-sponsored travel.”

But the California AG was all against Trumps travel ban of citizens from nations that mudered gays for the crime of being gay. Hypocrisy at its finest!

California joins lawsuit challenging Trump's latest travel ban

What about all the straight students that wish to engage in Intramural sports and Academic competition with those states. Is that not discrimination against those who do not wish to participate in the LGBTQxyz lifestyle?.
The law bans state-funded or state-sponsored travel by employees of state agencies and departments as well as members of boards, authorities, and commissions.

Students at State Universities are not employees, or members of boards, authorities or commissions.

California offers sanctuary to people who want to Murder LBTQxyz in the name of their Muslim faith, but bans travel to states that don't want to give LBTQ, children to play with. CA says Travel Bans are Unconstitutional, but enforces a travel ban to 8 fellow states because of Laws applied to their residents. So CA thinks it is OK to tell other states how to treat their citizens, but the President shouldn't tell California how to treat foreigners. WTF.

Are you really this much of an idiot? I guess you are.

California has not 'banned' travel to these states- as Trump proposed banning the immigration from certain countries.

California has banned paying State funds for employees to go to these states. If Trump had banned the Federal Government from paying to arrange the airfares from refugees from Syria, then that would be similar.

As a Californian- if I want to travel to any of those states I am free to do so. No ban at all.

What about all the straight students that wish to engage in Intramural sports and Academic competition with those states. Is that not discrimination against those who do not wish to participate in the LGBTQxyz lifestyle?.
The law bans state-funded or state-sponsored travel by employees of state agencies and departments as well as members of boards, authorities, and commissions.

Students at State Universities are not employees, or members of boards, authorities or commissions.

That's an arguable distinction. If your Advisor or PA isn't going to the conference or the meeting, likely you and your paper isn't going either.

Hope all the State Governors meetings are held in those states. Jerry Brown will have to be a no-show....
Or all the similar national meetings. Don't need more fascists showing up anyways....

I thought only repressive dictatorships were THAT concerned over where their citizens travel. I can FINALLY legitimately call it the Fascist State of Cali...

I am disappointed in you flacal.

California is not preventing any Californian citizens from travelling anywhere. The State of California is preventing state paid travel of State employees. Is that Fascism?

Meanwhile- you do realize that the United States still is 'concerned' over where American citizens travel- that our ability to travel to Cuba is very restricted by the United States- does that make Trump a dictator?

No......not really.

I thought only repressive dictatorships were THAT concerned over where their citizens travel. I can FINALLY legitimately call it the Fascist State of Cali...

California is not preventing any Californian citizens from travelling anywhere. The State of California is preventing state paid travel of State employees. Is that Fascism?

Meanwhile- you do realize that the United States still is 'concerned' over where American citizens travel- that our ability to travel to Cuba is very restricted by the United States- does that make Trump a dictator?

No......not really.

Did you just compare Cuba to Tennessee? I think you did. Yes it IS fascism if you can't travel to do your job based on "travel restrictions" within the borders of U-Nited States....

And it's not even funny... Either..

. Don't need more fascists showing up anyways....

And Brown is a fascist because he signed a bill passed by the elected representatives, that restricts the State paying for employee travel?

By that standard, Trump is a fascist if he signs off on the new healthcare bill, which would refuse tax credits for insurance to Americans who buy an insurance plan that includes provisions for abortion.

Of course by that standard, Trump is more of a fascist since he just tightened the restrictions on travel by Americans to Cuba......(real restrictions not just refusing to pay for their travel)

No......not really.

Did you just compare Cuba to Tennessee? I think you did. Yes it IS fascism if you can't travel to do your job based on "travel restrictions" within the borders of U-Nited States....

And it's not even funny... Either..

LOL- so you agree that Trump is a dictator- and that the United States is a fascist government? Right?

Look at you dance away- I pointed out that your claim that

"only repressive dictatorships were THAT concerned over where their citizens travel."

And i pointed out that the United States- under Trump- does exactly that

And you dance away.

I pointed out that there is California is not concerned where our citizens travel- but on paying for employees travel with state funds

And you dance away.

If you want to call California's restrictions on employee travel to be 'fascism' then you are a hypocrite if you don't also consider the United State's a fascist government for our restrictions on not only employee travel, but on citizen's travel.

California offers sanctuary to people who want to Murder LBTQxyz in the name of their Muslim faith, but bans travel to states that don't want to give LBTQ, children to play with. CA says Travel Bans are Unconstitutional, but enforces a travel ban to 8 fellow states because of Laws applied to their residents. So CA thinks it is OK to tell other states how to treat their citizens, but the President shouldn't tell California how to treat foreigners. WTF.

California has not 'banned' travel to these states- as Trump proposed banning the immigration from certain countries.

California has banned paying State funds for employees to go to these states. If Trump had banned the Federal Government from paying to arrange the airfares from refugees from Syria, then that would be similar.

As a Californian- if I want to travel to any of those states I am free to do so. No ban at all.

Thank you for posting this. There's a couple of other threads where RWs are saying the same crazy stuff. How can someone get this SO wrong?

Thank you for posting this. There's a couple of other threads where RWs are saying the same crazy stuff. How can someone get this SO wrong?

They just parrot what they hear on RW talk shows.

Forum List

Back