California city shuts down girl's lemonade stand

Here is a press release/statement I made to the news media earlier today, please hold all comments and questions:

First of all, as the President-elect of the National Lemonade Stand Owners' Stabilization Association, I applaud the city of Tumare (sp?) for taking this action. There is simply no place in our communities for this type of illegal lemonade stand squatting, none whatsoever.

As an organization we have 18,000 licensed, legally-owned and operated lemonade stand businesses operating across all 50 states (in Alaska, we function under the aegis of the "Frozen Lemonade Stand Owners' Society) and we are made up of owners who have undergone the rigorous 36 months of training as mandated by the federal government to own and operate a legally-sanctioned lemonade stand.

Clearly, this was an individual not committed to the ethics, business practices, and tax-paying status as espoused by our membership guidelines, and any individuals who are not doing so are a threat to the health and safety of our fellow Americans.

This stand was not using the proper means of sanitarily squeezing the lemons, making sure no pits or seeds entered the consumer's cups, and could have been violating several different environmental laws by not disposing of the lemon skins in the proper fashion.

As such, we have no choice but to applaud the termination of this individual's improper and illegal business activity, and apparent confiscation of all lemons, cups, comic book reading material meant to pass the time between customers, and hand-made signs not only fraudalently claiming affiliation with the National Lemonade Stand Owners' Stabilization Association, but all of the Hello Kitty "thank you" stickers handed out to youthful female customers as well - which have no place on a properly maintained lemonade stand.

Last edited:
BODECEA They could withold any benifits to these lawbrakers, no welfare, schooling, any help at all, and if they need medical help give it to them also with a free ride back home and bill their country of origin.

BODECEA They could withold any benifits to these lawbrakers, no welfare, schooling, any help at all, and if they need medical help give it to them also with a free ride back home and bill their country of origin.

Out in front of a relatively quiet neighborhood sidewalk would be the sensible thing for a parent to allow, but this kid opted to put their stand in a dangerous intersection area in order to make more money. Not a real smart thing on the parent's part. This is not 1962, and these are not the Brady bunch selling lemonade. However, since this kid is not old enough to vote this ridiculous law of having a commericial license to sell lemonade on the street corner out, is just plain and simple bullshit. Typical California bullshit action by their left wing idiotic government. I wouldn't live in California if you gave me the whole state.

Pretty funny that you say that town is left wing. :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back