California City Hires $3,000-Per-Week Spokesman After Issuing Massive Layoffs

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
A southern California city in an uproar after nearly half the workforce received layoff notices last week, including one who jumped to his death, has hired a spokesman for $3,000 a week.
Costa Mesa, an Orange County city, retained former Los Angeles Times reporter Bill Lobdell, who previously worked as an editor of the local Daily Pilot.
Mayor Gary Monahan told the Orange County Register that he made the hire because the city's website and ability to interact with residents are "incredibly bad shape," and its "entire communications system is just poor."
California City Hires $3,000-Per-Week Spokesman After Issuing Massive Layoffs - FoxNews.com

:eusa_eh:

With all the layoffs there is more money to blow.

Sort of like When John Kasich says "Government Employees have it so good, they don't need unions."

But when he has to pay his Chief of Staff $176,000 a year (or 3384 a week) he says basically "Well sometimes its hard to attract private sector employees to government jobs."

So government employees have such good jobs that they don't need unions but they are also so crappy that no one wants to leave the private sector. Makes sense right?

Sort of like When John Kasich says "Government Employees have it so good, they don't need unions."

But when he has to pay his Chief of Staff $176,000 a year (or 3384 a week) he says basically "Well sometimes its hard to attract private sector employees to government jobs."

So government employees have such good jobs that they don't need unions but they are also so crappy that no one wants to leave the private sector. Makes sense right?

What a crock of shit.

I am willing to bet that if they paid me $150,000 I could find someone to go in and redesign their website, and pocket $75,000 myself.

They have no need to pay that type of salary, they just do it because idiots like you fall for the line that they have to compete with the private sector for talent.

Last edited:
A southern California city in an uproar after nearly half the workforce received layoff notices last week, including one who jumped to his death, has hired a spokesman for $3,000 a week.
Costa Mesa, an Orange County city, retained former Los Angeles Times reporter Bill Lobdell, who previously worked as an editor of the local Daily Pilot.
Mayor Gary Monahan told the Orange County Register that he made the hire because the city's website and ability to interact with residents are "incredibly bad shape," and its "entire communications system is just poor."
California City Hires $3,000-Per-Week Spokesman After Issuing Massive Layoffs - FoxNews.com

:eusa_eh:

One word:

Tards

No, IMERU two words, I think, better describe it

CLASS WARFARE.

its called stupidity.....the City of Costa Mesa is a half-assed dive.....they seem to think they have the Revenue of some of their neighbors,which they dont even come close......im more than sure after the recent events there,that the powers that be there will be hearing about this daily until either they dont hire this guy OR the Mayor and Company step down...........

Forum List

Back