California, California, California - What Are You Thinking?

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- The California Senate approved legislation Thursday that would legalize same-sex marriages, a vote that makes the chamber the first legislative body in the country to approve a gay marriage bill.

The 21-15 vote sets the stage for a showdown in the state Assembly, which narrowly rejected a gay marriage bill in June.

"Equality is equality, period," said one of the bill's supporters, Democratic Sen. Liz Figueroa. "When I leave this Legislature I want to be able to tell my grandchildren I stood up for dignity and rights for all."

Sen. Dennis Hollingsworth, a Republican, said the bill was not the right thing to do. "We should protect traditional marriage and hold all of those values and institutions that have made our society and keep our society together today," he said.

Same-sex marriages are legal in only one state, Massachusetts, under a 2003 court ruling.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/01/gay.marriage.ap/index.html

GotZoom said:
SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- The California Senate approved legislation Thursday that would legalize same-sex marriages, a vote that makes the chamber the first legislative body in the country to approve a gay marriage bill.

The 21-15 vote sets the stage for a showdown in the state Assembly, which narrowly rejected a gay marriage bill in June.

"Equality is equality, period," said one of the bill's supporters, Democratic Sen. Liz Figueroa. "When I leave this Legislature I want to be able to tell my grandchildren I stood up for dignity and rights for all."

Sen. Dennis Hollingsworth, a Republican, said the bill was not the right thing to do. "We should protect traditional marriage and hold all of those values and institutions that have made our society and keep our society together today," he said.

Same-sex marriages are legal in only one state, Massachusetts, under a 2003 court ruling.

then why do those who oppose it not shop it to a Appeals court to overturn it... like the morons who did the same to the voters who voted to make same sex marriages illegal? :rolleyes: California is full of fools and idiots...in my opinion.........................!!!!!

Who cares if gays get married. That doesnt affect my life at all. I dont care what they do. Neither should you.

"Equality is equality, period," said one of the bill's supporters, Democratic Sen. Liz Figueroa.
Hummmm...is that Liz or Lesbian? Okay Les, pair em up and run a test....1 Male Homo couple,
1 female Homo couple and 1 Hetro couple...Now the first to procreate NATURALLY wins.
Whatda ya say? NO? Well good then cause ya know two of the couples are going to become extinct, and this is not so good for the longevity of society. The good news is, only the superior will survive.
Scream EQUAL all ya want, fact is it's not. Life in the REAL world is more like it.

"When I leave this Legislature I want to be able to tell my grandchildren I stood up for dignity and rights for all."
Well, my guess is all you'll be able to tell them is "bend over sweetie here it comes", I did it to
the state and I can do you too!

*Man I'm bitchy today!!!*

Allanon68 said:
Who cares if gays get married. That doesnt affect my life at all. I dont care what they do. Neither should you.

I care about the increasing costs of health care(for one) which can be traced to your wonderful 'happy partners' issue as well as being force fed the acceptance of something I find not only immature sexually but vulgar in public...keep it in the privacy of your bedroom and I have no issue...as this is between you and our maker! :whip:

archangel said:
I care about the increasing costs of health care(for one) which can be traced to your wonderful 'happy partners' issue as well as being force fed the acceptance of something I find not only immature sexually but vulgar in public...keep it in the privacy of your bedroom and I have no issue...as this is between you and our maker! :whip:

Well someone else might watch you kiss your wife in public who might be incredibly ugly and they might think that is vulgar, so should we ban marriage to ugly people ?

Allanon68 said:
Well someone else might watch you kiss your wife in public who might be incredibly ugly and they might think that is vulgar, so should we ban marriage to ugly people ?

Last I checked, the Bible didn't say "Thou shalt not be ugly."

Allanon68 said:

Had two wives in my past...both were knockouts...never kiss a frog! this goes forward to todays date...ya wanta kiss something that plumbing does not match...be my guest...but not in public! :321:

gotta run bbq is just about ready...have a nice immature sex life little one! :ssex:

Allanon68 said:
You have to get MUCH better than that to survive here.

Allanon68 said:

LOL another fool in a long list. Please explain how this does not effect you or America in any way, please explain how homosexuality is normal and natural.....the factual reasons against your position are all over this board tenfold.

Allanon68 said:

ROTFLMFAO! Go back to debate class.

Allanon68 said:

well, if gays get to marry other gays, then why can't i have multiple husbands? i mean, i love my current husband dearly, but i do have a decent sized crush on Jeff Gordon, and he's no longer married. So why not also legalize polygamy? I mean, if gays have their 'rights' (which is a lie because a gay man has the same rights as a straight man-both can marry anyone he wishes, as long as it is someone of the opposite sex), then people who believe polygamy is a 'right' should get the same special treatment.

don't let it stop there...the next would be beastiality...though the current laws against that don't seem to stop with some of our fellow Americans....

see what i am saying?

fuzzykitten99 said:
well, if gays get to marry other gays, then why can't i have multiple husbands? i mean, i love my current husband dearly, but i do have a decent sized crush on Jeff Gordon, and he's no longer married. So why not also legalize polygamy? I mean, if gays have their 'rights' (which is a lie because a gay man has the same rights as a straight man-both can marry anyone he wishes, as long as it is someone of the opposite sex), then people who believe polygamy is a 'right' should get the same special treatment.

don't let it stop there...the next would be beastiality...though the current laws against that don't seem to stop with some of our fellow Americans....

see what i am saying?

I can see no reason why a person should not be able to practice polygamy so long as all are in agreement between consenting adults. I for one could not practice such as my wife would never agree to such an arrangement, nor would I, I don't like to share. If your husband is weak enough to allow you to do this and both husbands are adults consenting to such treatment I cannot think of a logical reason to keep you from it.

Amazingly, if you wanted to do such a thing and your husband agreed, you could have Jeff Gordon move in and you could simply call him your husband or get a church that sanctions such things to do that, there is no law against it unless you attempt to put in another Marriage License. Current polygamists divorce the first wife/husband and legally Marry the next and simply ignore the first divorce decree.

As for the bestiality, there is no way any beast has the capacity to understand and therefore consent to any such arrangement.

fuzzykitten99 said:

see what i am saying?

Psst...he might like your husband more than you.

j/k

GotZoom said:

in that God forsaken state of Sodom and Gomorrah. Utter nonsense. Now they will attempt to force this on the rest of us. Moronic.

GotZoom said:
Last I checked, the Bible didn't say "Thou shalt not be ugly."

The Bible is just a book, not the law. I personally dont care what it says.

GotZoom said:

Good question. What are they thinking? They put a proposition in front of the people of California in favor of gay marriage and the people in direct vote shot it down big time. I can't imagine what these politicians are thinking when their constituents have already spoken their minds on the matter.

Allanon68 said:

Well thats your perogative. If you don't want to give a damn about society you are quite free too. Meanwhile the rest of us realize the importance of caring about issues and about others and doing our best to preserve our posterity from such perversion.

Mr. P said:
Hummmm...is that Liz or Lesbian? Okay Les, pair em up and run a test....1 Male Homo couple,
1 female Homo couple and 1 Hetro couple...Now the first to procreate NATURALLY wins.
Whatda ya say? NO? Well good then cause ya know two of the couples are going to become extinct, and this is not so good for the longevity of society. The good news is, only the superior will survive.
Scream EQUAL all ya want, fact is it's not. Life in the REAL world is more like it.

Well, my guess is all you'll be able to tell them is "bend over sweetie here it comes", I did it to
the state and I can do you too!

*Man I'm bitchy today!!!*

Isn't it interesting that the same people who claim to believe Darwinism when it comes to the creation of the world don't support it when it comes to actually apply it. Survival of the fittest. If this is such a law of nature why create our laws contrary to the laws of nature?

OCA said:
LOL another fool in a long list. Please explain how this does not effect you or America in any way, please explain how homosexuality is normal and natural.....the factual reasons against your position are all over this board tenfold.

Honestly, I don't even see how proving it was normal or natural would somehow mean we should legalize it. Its natural to be violent, to be intolerant, to lie, to be selfish, to want power over others, etc. Should we legalize murder because its natural to be violent? Who cares if its natural. Being natural doesn't make it right. If thats true than the homosexual movement is nothing but a bunch of hypocrites for telling anyone not to be intolerant of them. I mean it's only natural right?

Forum List

Back