California Bullet Train

From what I read it is much more expensive to use boring technology then digging up the ground. Union work rules are insane in parts of our nation. And the lawyers are just waiting for any lawsuit in any way. It is so much easier to fly as the sky is low maintenance.

Let California de ide what they wanna do. I've seen how efficient and useful the bullet trains are and they will help tremendously.

Great! California can build the train, I have no problem with that, they can use their money to build it, I have no issue there. The state of Washington didn’t build tracks, uses the north Sounder train to go between Seattle and Everett. The cost is astronomical. Read this and you will be amazed how much this costs the taxpayers every year. Government and efficiency are not two words that go together. Sound Transit's Money Pit: The High Cost of the Sounder North Line
in my opinion, we should be improving tunneling technologies at every opportunity. any returns to scale there, will help anywhere we should need to tunnel.

a tunnel in earthquake country?....go for it danny....

I know that will be a tunnel I won’t ever drive in.

"earth quake foam" or floating tunnels could solve some issues and help with seagoing floating tunnel technologies.

Sure, get back to us AFTER it's been built and has a 5-10 year track record.

BTW, You are right, if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. California can’t afford the train, they should not buy it. Look at all the money saved for other social programs, like feeding illegal immigrants, more cleaning crews in San Francisco to clean up human excrement from the sidewalks. More money to fight fires.
Let California de ide what they wanna do. I've seen how efficient and useful the bullet trains are and they will help tremendously.

Great! California can build the train, I have no problem with that, they can use their money to build it, I have no issue there. The state of Washington didn’t build tracks, uses the north Sounder train to go between Seattle and Everett. The cost is astronomical. Read this and you will be amazed how much this costs the taxpayers every year. Government and efficiency are not two words that go together. Sound Transit's Money Pit: The High Cost of the Sounder North Line
in my opinion, we should be improving tunneling technologies at every opportunity. any returns to scale there, will help anywhere we should need to tunnel.

Japan is full of tunnels. And it is the capital of earthquakes. And a side note earthquake affect mostly the surface.

Japan has had damage to their tunnels before...let me give you a side note....Japan and S.California have different types of Quakes because of the way the strata is below.....and the shallower an earthquake is the more damage on the surface...a shallow earthquake is up to 43 miles deep,and SoCal has lots of these...you figure it out issa.....

I know that will be a tunnel I won’t ever drive in.

"earth quake foam" or floating tunnels could solve some issues and help with seagoing floating tunnel technologies.

Between LA and SF is seagoing?

no. just another potential option.

Well, California is crying because the federal government won’t give them money to fund a train. California is running at a deficit. To leave the union would take billions, which California doesn’t have.

If California tried to leave they’d get bitch slapped and the majority of Californians by a 2-1 margin are against such a move.

Dream on silly boy.
The US as a whole is in debt as most Americans are. I knew this before I moved here 20 years ago...and that's the first thing I was told by my parents " if you cant afford it dont buy it"
I see why califoenia has a beef with trump the **** made it personal...while he signs blank checks for different entities he is punishing blue states for standing up to his foolishness.

BTW, You are right, if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. California can’t afford the train, they should not buy it. Look at all the money saved for other social programs, like feeding illegal immigrants, more cleaning crews in San Francisco to clean up human excrement from the sidewalks. More money to fight fires.

Than the feds need to stop subsidizing other projects and farmers they need to finance themselves and dont use our money.
abolish trade wars.

We are far from a bully, I would like all the troops from around the world brought home. We need to mind our business and not the worlds.

Who would fill the vacuum?

Who filled the vacuum when failed former President Barack Hussein Obama pulled all our troops out of Iraq? As you know, that would be Russia and ISIS. How would that be a good thing for the world in general?

Forum List

Back