California Budget: State Lawmakers Pass Budget To Close Deficit

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Exercising their new majority-vote authority, California Democrats on Tuesday closed the remainder of what had been a gaping budget deficit by relying on a combination of deep spending cuts, optimistic revenue projections and new fees that are sure to be challenged in court

Both parties were displeased at the final package, which was passed entirely with Democratic votes

It is woefully short on reforms," said Assemblyman Jim Nielsen, R-Gerber. "There's some creative work in here – creative in terms of determining how much new money might be available."

"If we now have the revenues that we needed at the beginning of the year, why is it we keep going back to the voters asking for more?" said Sen. Bob Huff, R-Diamond Bar, vice chairman of the Senate Budget Committee.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your hate for your fellow Americans is disgusting

Last edited:
Your hate for your fellow Americans is disgusting

liberuls are not my fellow Americans. They are democrat twits, they tell lies and call me names all the time. You are not my friend or my fellow American.. get the fuck over it.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Exercising their new majority-vote authority, California Democrats on Tuesday closed the remainder of what had been a gaping budget deficit by relying on a combination of deep spending cuts, optimistic revenue projections and new fees that are sure to be challenged in court

Both parties were displeased at the final package, which was passed entirely with Democratic votes

It is woefully short on reforms," said Assemblyman Jim Nielsen, R-Gerber. "There's some creative work in here – creative in terms of determining how much new money might be available."

"If we now have the revenues that we needed at the beginning of the year, why is it we keep going back to the voters asking for more?" said Sen. Bob Huff, R-Diamond Bar, vice chairman of the Senate Budget Committee.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's why our federal fearless leaders are disgusting me completely. Seems like they're using slight of hand, a shell game, and various other smoke and mirros and hocus pocus to give the illusion of a balanced budget while the debt clock just keeps on running faster and faster. Anytime a budget is based on something a subsequent Congress and/or Administration is expected to accomplish, you know they aren't serious.

At least the GOP is holding firm on no new taxes. Congress will ALWAYS spend every nickle is has and borrow more, and any additional revenues will only be spent and provide license to borrow even greater amounts. The only way California--the world's eighth largest economy if it was a country--or the USA is going to solve their budget problems is to put the state legislature or the Congress on a strict diet limiting the amount of money they have to spend.

its a joke.

under the new laws passed, though it takes 2/3's to raise taxs they can still "Fee" you to death.

example- I bought my Cobra in nov. 2006, my reg fee was $780. Now in Cali its is supposed to go
down ever year, by approx 10 % until it reaches like 50 or 60 bucks over time.

Last nov I paid $640 ...because they raised the fees.....think about that for a minute, the car will now be 5 years old..and I have only seen roughly a 20% reduction in my reg. fee....

also the 2/3s does nothing to stop SPENDING, the dems can still, if so inclined, spend alllllllll they want on what they want, now that the law changed because thy don't need a 2.3 to pass a budget....so, we'll see now that works out.

Last edited:
its a joke.

under the new laws passed, though it takes 2/3's to raise taxs they can still "Fee" you to death.

example- I bought my Cobra in nov. 2006, my reg fee was $780. Now in Cali its is supposed to go
down ever year, by approx 10 until it reaches like 50 or 60 bucks over time.

Last nov I paid $640 ...because they raised the fees.....think about that for a minute, the car will now be 5 years old..and I have only seen roughly a 20% reduction in my reg. fee....

also the 2/3s does nothing to stop SPENDING, the dems can still, if so inclined, spend alllllllll they want on what they want, now that the law changed because thy don't need a 2.3 to pass a budget....so, we'll see now that works out.

and i understand they added yet another "FEE' on the Car Registrations......

its a joke.

Wait . . .you pay $640 for car registration? For the car and the sticker . . ..that registration? OMFG!! We pay $36/yr. Please tell me I am missing something. $640 for the same thing I pay $36 for? :eek:

its a joke.

About what I pay for car registration in Arizona.

its a joke.

Wait . . .you pay $640 for car registration? For the car and the sticker . . ..that registration? OMFG!! We pay $36/yr. Please tell me I am missing something. $640 for the same thing I pay $36 for? :eek:

Yep. That's how it is here in the liberal bastion of Arizona.

its a joke.

and i understand they added yet another "FEE' on the Car Registrations......

they did? that figures, becasue one had to be dropped ( a lousy .5%) in the expiration of the temporary tax hike, so they got me coming and going...

its a joke.

you're not in cali hon:eusa_hand:...oh and since we have 2 grandkids that are 1 and a half and 9 mo.s we are buying a big ole SUV to cart them around in when we see them, and guess what? my wife has a cousin in Neveda....

you know whats coming next right? there is NOOOO way I am buying that truck in cali. or regging it here.....:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back