California Bleeding Manufacturing Jobs, Report Shows

Christopher Thornberg, with Beacon Economics in Los Angeles, suggested that efforts to rescue manufacturing jobs will have to wait as the state grapples with its budgetary crisis.

"Can our business environment be improved? Absolutely. Would it be good for the state? Absolutely. Can manufacturing be fostered? Absolutely. Is this the time to be worrying about it, absolutely not," he said.

Maybe, just maybe, if they "fostered manufacturing" and "improved their business environment" the ensuing tax revenues would help alleviate the budget crisis. This state has been driving jobs and businesses and residents out of the state for more than five years, this isn't something new. They've just finally taken notice.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here... Anyone want to buy a house?

Bye. One less car on the road during Rush Hour.

Christopher Thornberg, with Beacon Economics in Los Angeles, suggested that efforts to rescue manufacturing jobs will have to wait as the state grapples with its budgetary crisis.

"Can our business environment be improved? Absolutely. Would it be good for the state? Absolutely. Can manufacturing be fostered? Absolutely. Is this the time to be worrying about it, absolutely not," he said.

Maybe, just maybe, if they "fostered manufacturing" and "improved their business environment" the ensuing tax revenues would help alleviate the budget crisis. This state has been driving jobs and businesses and residents out of the state for more than five years, this isn't something new. They've just finally taken notice.

I can't wait to get the hell out of here... Anyone want to buy a house?

Bye. One less car on the road during Rush Hour.

I'm not gone yet. ;)

And don't think for one second the lack of my car will have any effect on traffic patterns. I drive eight miles to work, in the town where I live. I rarely travel to neighboring counties (especially the ones south of me), and most of my travel is to out of state destinations.

and asshole named clinton being rode crotch-style by a republican congress, eh?

he didn't have to sign it did he? :lol::lol::lol: can you spell V E T O..... E ??? :lol::lol::lol:

facts are facts, holmes. If dems weren't around to clean up your mess then America would look like a giant overflow of catshit in the litter box. I realize facts may haunt you but we all know who makes legislation and we ALL know who brought nafta to the table. Don't blame me if your sides' horrible ideas turn out so fucked up.

and don't blame me sherlock when your side votes them into law and signs on the dotted line.

Then when you get through eyeing California,, study Michigan.

No, NY should actually come even before CA, as it almost went bankrupt 35 years ago...NY state had more moving vans leaving the state than any other in the US.

I also read that without illegal aliens, NY state and city would have fallen the most in population of any location in the US.

facts are facts, holmes. If dems weren't around to clean up your mess then America would look like a giant overflow of catshit in the litter box. I realize facts may haunt you but we all know who makes legislation and we ALL know who brought nafta to the table. Don't blame me if your sides' horrible ideas turn out so fucked up.

Yeah sure, whatever you say, illiterate monkey... :lol:

You know even less about economics than you do about the middle east - your economics knowledge is equal to your IQ...ZERO.... :clap2::clap2:

Hungry? Eat your import. adn then thank a conservative capitalista for hemorrhaging your job to a dirt slave in Calcutta.

I love it when you silly people hide behind phrases like "more competitive". Yea, as if America should be MORE COMPETITIVE with a goddamn Chinese Sweat Shop laborer.

You're right, and the problem is nationwide. The linked report says that, after World War II, manufacturing accounted for one in every three American jobs. Now it's one in ten and not getting any better. I don't believe, however, that with numbers like that, the fault can be laid entirely at the feet of conservatives.

Of course it cannot.

The insider party sold Americans down the river.

Yeah sure, whatever you say, illiterate monkey... :lol:

You know even less about economics than you do about the middle east - your economics knowledge is equal to your IQ...ZERO.... :clap2::clap2:

What a convincing and COMPELLING argument about econ, you maddof jew! Please, let me know where I can send my retirement money to as I value your insight and opinion here about as much as I do when you are lusting to kill arabs, motherfucker.

I've got a xylon B shower stall waiting for you.

Hungry? Eat your import. adn then thank a conservative capitalista for hemorrhaging your job to a dirt slave in Calcutta.

I love it when you silly people hide behind phrases like "more competitive". Yea, as if America should be MORE COMPETITIVE with a goddamn Chinese Sweat Shop laborer.

You're right, and the problem is nationwide. The linked report says that, after World War II, manufacturing accounted for one in every three American jobs. Now it's one in ten and not getting any better. I don't believe, however, that with numbers like that, the fault can be laid entirely at the feet of conservatives.

Of course it cannot.

The insider party sold Americans down the river.

and WHO are the free market capitalistas, again? liberals or republicans? Your milquetoast fucking input just doesn't hit the mark, Ed. America had this discussion in the 80s too. go ahead and figure out who was waving Union signs versus who was ready to jettison jobs to beggers in Calcutta THEN just as they did now. It was squarely the perogative of conservative free market pussies who are as fubar fucking wrong then as Greenspan's pompous arrogance turned out to be.

but hey.. if pretending that liberals are as guilty as conservatives helps you feel like a fucking peacekeeper despite reality...

Forum List

Back