California Begins Gun Confiscation

All it takes is a false accusation.

My wife wasn't able to buy a gun because one of her renters swore out a warrant on her for assault. She claimed my wife slammed the door on her foot injuring her. No proof was presented to the injury. They came and got my wife, handcuffed her, and hauled her to jail. This would disqualify her from ever buying a gun. It took 2 years but we were able to get the assault charges wiped from her record. If another renter ever does the same thing they can come and get my guns if I live in California.

Was your wife convicted?

And, I'm not clear on this: DID she try to buy a gun and was unable to because of that, or is it a case that it WOULD disqualify her? You actually say both in that post.

Do you think people with mental illness have the right to own a gun?

Yes. "Mental Illness" is too broad a term.

Any legislation has a section where terms are defined. In the case of California, the applicable laws will have that term specifically defined, if it's used at all, and THAT is the definition which counts.

He didn't specify. He said "Do you think people with mental illness have the right to own a gun?", not "Do you think people with mental illness have the right to own a gun according to that particular California law?".

I'm fine with it.

You have anger mgt wackadoodle problems yourself, based on your outbursts on the board. Anyone can click on PredFan's name and find the list of his posts. Quite obvious.

And yet, I've had guns since I was 8 years old and no one has died. Thanks for setting me up nicely to prove the point. :thup:

Let's get this right. " . . . no has died" yet. Your comment is common, I am told by my friends who run addiction programs: the person like you always says, "no has" whatever yet.

Yes. "Mental Illness" is too broad a term.

Any legislation has a section where terms are defined. In the case of California, the applicable laws will have that term specifically defined, if it's used at all, and THAT is the definition which counts.

He didn't specify. He said "Do you think people with mental illness have the right to own a gun?", not "Do you think people with mental illness have the right to own a gun according to that particular California law?".

Quit whining. Oldguy has it right. So answer the question. Should mentally ill freaks own guns.

I will give the right: of course the fuck not.

Again, not seeing the problem here... Crazy people shouldn't have guns.

Of course, it would probably disqualify 90% of the gun nuts on USMB.

The best argument for gun control is a five minute conversation with a gun nut.

Gun nut. Meaning anyone who does not support confiscation?

No, meaning anyone who thinks he needs a gun to fight the government or shoot those hoards of criminals they think are hiding in the bushes.

Here's the problem- the top two reasons you jokers give for why you need a gun are silly.

You'll never be able to effectively take on the government (They'll always have bigger, better guns) and a gun in the home is far more likely to kill a person in the home than a bad guy.

The fact that you guys think that crazy people should have guns because, hey, someone might accuse you of being crazy some day, kind of proves their point.

It is absolute insanity that crazy people have such easy access to weapons.

As to the first of your contentions: why should you care how many of the "nutters" are taken down by your beloved government? Wouldn't you consider "suicide by government" preferable to having all these gun-toting "nutters" running around?
For the second: I heartily support you making your home as safe as you possibly can. Based on your continued argument that guns in the home are "far more likely to kill a person in the home", you don't have firearms in your home.

No, meaning anyone who thinks he needs a gun to fight the government or shoot those hoards of criminals they think are hiding in the bushes.

Here's the problem- the top two reasons you jokers give for why you need a gun are silly.

You'll never be able to effectively take on the government (They'll always have bigger, better guns) and a gun in the home is far more likely to kill a person in the home than a bad guy.

The fact that you guys think that crazy people should have guns because, hey, someone might accuse you of being crazy some day, kind of proves their point.

It is absolute insanity that crazy people have such easy access to weapons.

Problem is in this case the woman wasn't crazy. There's the rub. You don't have to be crazy, just be accused of being crazy.

All it takes is some low-life swearing out a warrant on you or signing some document on you and you're fucked.

She was sufficiently whacked enough to be confined to a mental hospital for a couple of days.

And frankly, if someone swears out a warrent on you, you've probably done something to deserve it.

The only time I've filed a legal complaint on anyone in my life was after everything else I tried failed, and my lawyer told me I had no choice. I can't imagine anyone does this frivolously.

You have no imagination.

Taking guns away from crazy people?

The fiends!

I didn't see anything in there about a conviction or any sort of due process, can you point out where that was followed?

Oh wait, you leftists don't worry about due process, that's right.

Pol Pot would be SO proud of today's demcrats - you're everything he wanted in the Khmer Rouge.

Quit whining. Oldguy has it right. So answer the question. Should mentally ill freaks own guns.

I'm not whining, I'm correcting your stupidity.

I already answered that question. Please try to keep up.

The gun nuts cannot define 'due process'.

They act as if the law does not apply to them.

Stop the lie. Yes, mental nutters cannot own guns. And that is the way it should be.

End of this story.

Stop the lie. Yes, mental nutters cannot own guns. And that is the way it should be.

End of this story.

Hey retard, if you want to play with the adults, you should probably learn to read. The question asked if "I thought..."

End of this story.

Hey retard, if you want to play with the adults, you should probably learn to read. The question asked if "I thought..."

Excuse, I did not realize you admitted that you did not think.

End of this story.

What is a "mental nutter," fuckwad?

Is that a legal term? What sort of conviction results in "mental nutter" status that results in civil rights being forfeit?

Got an answer, fuckwad? Or just more trolling on behalf of Soros?

Exactly, keeping guns from people who have been involuntarily committed to mental institutions seems like a reasonable action.

Saying they shouldn't do what is wise based on speculation that they'll take it further and start taking guns from depressed people or drunk drivers doesn't make sense to me, you make the best decision for the community not one based on speculative fear of future legislation.

Not to two groups (that may overlap):

1. The gun nuts (not all gun owners)

2. The mentally ill

What is your definition of a "gun nut"?

She was sufficiently whacked enough to be confined to a mental hospital for a couple of days.

And frankly, if someone swears out a warrent on you, you've probably done something to deserve it.

The only time I've filed a legal complaint on anyone in my life was after everything else I tried failed, and my lawyer told me I had no choice. I can't imagine anyone does this frivolously.

You imbecile. I've already provided a perfect example where this happened to my wife and you're still talking shit.

STFU

Joe would be stripped of his guns in Cali. He isn't stable.

According to Joe, he shouldn't have any guns right now, seeing how they kill people in their own homes. Damned guns!

Forum List

Back