California Ballot provisions

Mr. P said:
I don't have a clue who that is..

Kilgore's campaign becomes 'a family affair'
August 8, 2005

It's official. Jerry W. Kilgore's wife has joined his campaign to become Virginia governor.
Marty Kilgore stepped down from her job as executive at the Virginia Tobacco Settlement Foundation last week to join her husband's Republican gubernatorial bid.
"I felt it needed to be a family affair," she said.
Mrs. Kilgore has campaigned for other family members, including her husband's twin brother, Terry Kilgore, when he ran for commonwealth's attorney and in his race for the House of Delegates.
Mrs. Kilgore, a former public school teacher, said she probably will be on the campaign trail separate from her husband and said she will likely speak about his education plan.
• All in the family II
Mary D. Kane, wife of the chairman of the Maryland Republican Party, was appointed secretary of state last week by Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich Jr.
Mrs. Kane replaces R. Karl Aumann, who was sworn in Tuesday as chairman of the Maryland Worker's Compensation Commission. Mrs. Kane had been Mr. Aumann's deputy.
Mrs. Kane is a graduate of Mount St. Mary's University in Emmitsburg and received a law degree from Catholic University in Washington.
She is married to John Kane, who took over as chairman of the Republican Party after Michael S. Steele resigned to run for lieutenant governor in 2002.
The office of secretary of state traditionally has been filled by someone with strong political connections.
The office administers the state law regulating charities and handles extraditions, trademark registrations, notaries public and Maryland's international agreements, including sister state relationships in other countries.

http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20050807-101330-8273r.htm

Intersting thing about this campaign is even though the Democrat won he was more conservative than his Republican opponent.

they gonna take your guns away was one of the usual scaremongering.

Was it the race where Adolf Hitler = no death sentence came in ?

and
Bush Waged Nasty Smear Campaign Against McCain in 2000
Bush Supporters Called McCain “The Fag Candidate.” In South Carolina, Bush supporters circulated church fliers that labeled McCain “the fag candidate.” Columnist Frank Rich noted that the fliers were distributed “even as Bush subtly reinforced that message by indicating he wouldn’t hire openly gay people for his administration.”

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Politics is a dirty business, if you think either side plays fair you are naive.

The ClayTaurus said:
Fear tactics work and are employed by both sides, it's not just a left thing.

But liberal voters are more likely to swallow these tactics hook, line and sinker while conservative voters tend to recognize them for what they are. :tng:

ok as i live here.

they people dumped davis because the state was bleeding money and brought in arnold to:

stop the bleeding......so arnold proposed the..."you can't spend more than you take in rule" .... voters said no as that will cut all our programs .... so the bleeding will continue

deal with the schools and improve education .... arnold said rather than through money at it that we don’t have ... lets improve the teachers ... you know fire the bad ones and replace them with good ones .... like the real world does .... voters said no the bad ones stay ....

reform sacramento politics .... so arnold says, the legislators have drawn their own voting districts to ensure they win every time so lets have judges redraw the lines based on something other than the past yes votes for the people that are in office ..... voters said no we like the legislators that are in office they are doing a great job

election spending ..... so arnold proposes that unions should have to ask their members if they would like their dues spent on elections and which ones and for whom ...... you know choice....the voters said no .... the unions should be able to donate whatever they want to whomever they want without asking the people that gave them the money in the first place.

then san francisco votes to disarm themselves ..... morons .... tough to have "revolution" without guns.... at least when the sane part of the state needs to take over they won't be able to shoot back at us

Mr. P said:
Okay, I found that. So now what is your best exaample of a right wing fear tactic?

the 2 johns claiming the dick and george told the american public that if the 2 johns were elected the US would be hit by a terrorist attack ...... best left wing response to that forget wich of the 2 johns wives siad it but .... she said if dick and george were elected there would be rioting in the streets

Mr. P said:
I didn't say they did or didn't. I just wanted your example. Most that make such claims can't produce either, don't feel bad. :poke:

I can't produce you the campaign ads, they're not online. I can give you this, though.

Enjoy. :)

What Howell produced was one of the most arresting images in recent campaign television: a widow, seated in a darkened studio, on the verge of tears and tremulously talking about the man on death row who murdered her police officer husband.

"How could you not think the death penalty was appropriate? That's not justice," she says. "When Tim Kaine calls the death penalty murder, I find it offensive, and I don't trust Tim Kaine to uphold that law."

The ClayTaurus said:
Kaine is more conservative than Kilgore?

Ill explain it like this......Here in NJ we had a choice between a moderate Republican Forrester and ultra liberal Democrat Corzine... this was when the race first started. As it progressed Forrester began his move to the left coming very close to Corzine as a liberal with an R next to his name. So what happened was the Republican base got turned off to this and wound up not voting seeing no real difference between the two candidates.........Hence Corzine won.

Tim Kaine's Stance on Abortion

Posted by David at 8:23 PM

Taking note of Christopher's earlier post on Tim Kaine, a Catholic and candidate for governor in Virginia, I wanted to share some thoughts on his views on reducing abortion, which I have not had a chance to post till now. Mr Kaine's plans to reduce abortion is as follows:
I have a faith-based opposition to abortion. As governor, I will work in good faith to reduce abortions by:

1. Enforcing the current Virginia restrictions on abortion and passing an enforceable ban on partial birth abortion that protects the life and health of the mother;
2. Fighting teen pregnancy through abstinence-focused education;
3. Ensuring women's access to health care (including legal contraception) and economic opportunity; and
4. Promoting adoption as an alternative for women facing unwanted pregnancies.

http://thepublicsquare.blogspot.com/2005/10/tim-kaines-stance-on-abortion.html

Kaine has said that, if elected, he would follow Virginia law in enforcing the death penalty -- as the oath of office requires. He would not attempt, he adds, to circumvent executions by using the governor's powers of clemency to pardon or commute death sentences.

http://amywelborn.typepad.com/openbook/2005/10/the_first_rc_go.html

RICHMOND - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Tim Kaine is firing back at Republican Jerry Kilgore for questioning his commitment to gun rights, and he has Montgomery County's sheriff doing his talking for him.

Kaine's campaign released a radio ad Friday in which Sheriff Tommy Whitt tells listeners that "Jerry Kilgore is not telling the truth about Tim Kaine." In addition to promoting Kaine as a supporter of Second Amendment rights, Whitt says Kilgore "fought against funding for rural law enforcement officers and he's done little to stop our biggest drug problem." That ad and a separate spot dealing with abortion-related issues are airing on the same rural and Southwest Virginia stations where Kilgore launched new ads on guns and social issues earlier this week. One Kilgore ad accuses Kaine of "vigorously" supporting gun control during his tenure as Richmond's mayor, a charge based partly on Kaine's financial support of Richmond-area participants in the 2000 Million Mom March in Washington, D.C.

http://www.roanoke.com/politics/wb/wb/xp-25250

Just a few examples.

Bonnie said:
Ill explain it like this......Here in NJ we had a choice between a moderate Republican Forrester and ultra liberal Democrat Corzine... this was when the race first started. As it progressed Forrester began his move to the left coming very close to Corzine as a liberal with an R next to his name. So what happened was the Republican base got turned off to this and wound up not voting seeing no real difference between the two candidates.........Hence Corzine won.

Tim Kaine's Stance on Abortion

Posted by David at 8:23 PM

http://thepublicsquare.blogspot.com/2005/10/tim-kaines-stance-on-abortion.html

http://amywelborn.typepad.com/openbook/2005/10/the_first_rc_go.html

RICHMOND - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Tim Kaine is firing back at Republican Jerry Kilgore for questioning his commitment to gun rights, and he has Montgomery County's sheriff doing his talking for him.

http://www.roanoke.com/politics/wb/wb/xp-25250

Just a few examples.

Interesting. This seems to support my thesis that Kilgore was using scare tactics, it seems, no?

nosarcasm said:
they gonna take your guns away was one of the usual scaremongering.

Was it the race where Adolf Hitler = no death sentence came in ?

and
Bush Waged Nasty Smear Campaign Against McCain in 2000
Bush Supporters Called McCain “The Fag Candidate.” In South Carolina, Bush supporters circulated church fliers that labeled McCain “the fag candidate.” Columnist Frank Rich noted that the fliers were distributed “even as Bush subtly reinforced that message by indicating he wouldn’t hire openly gay people for his administration.”

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Politics is a dirty business, if you think either side plays fair you are naive.

gonna take your guns away isnt a fear tactic, it is a real, serious threat. Look at Australia, England, and many locales in the US. Hell, in Minnesota, parents cant even spank their kids.

Free speech IS IMPINGED upon by the left. We spoke of supression of free speech both Illegally and Legally in another thread, and it made me think of a third option (Yes, I actually had an original thought !,,,this is for sabre girl! )

the supression of speech via "pc thought and speech police". It absolutely cracks me up that WHITEY can no longer use the term "******", I absolutely REFUSE to refer to it as the "N" word. FUCK THAT, FUCK ANY SUPRESSION OF FREE SPEECH VIA THOUGHT POLICE, THEY CAN LICK MY BROWN CRACK !!!

The term is "******", its an ugly word, when used to demean, I wouldnt hesitate to punch a person in the face, if they are using it to humiliate someone, anymore than I would stand for someone calling my wife a whore to her face. CONCRETE SIDEWALK meets persons FACE. But in discussing free speech I will NEVER cow down to the pc police, the term is "******" not the "N" word.

And thats only ONE EXAMPLE......

LuvRPgrl said:
gonna take your guns away isnt a fear tactic, it is a real, serious threat. Look at Australia, England, and many locales in the US. Hell, in Minnesota, parents cant even spank their kids.

Free speech IS IMPINGED upon by the left. We spoke of supression of free speech both Illegally and Legally in another thread, and it made me think of a third option (Yes, I actually had an original thought !,,,this is for sabre girl! )

the supression of speech via "pc thought and speech police". It absolutely cracks me up that WHITEY can no longer use the term "******", I absolutely REFUSE to refer to it as the "N" word. FUCK THAT, FUCK ANY SUPRESSION OF FREE SPEECH VIA THOUGHT POLICE, THEY CAN LICK MY BROWN CRACK !!!

The term is "******", its an ugly word, when used to demean, I wouldnt hesitate to punch a person in the face, if they are using it to humiliate someone, anymore than I would stand for someone calling my wife a whore to her face. CONCRETE SIDEWALK meets persons FACE. But in discussing free speech I will NEVER cow down to the pc police, the term is "******" not the "N" word.

You're quickly getting off topic.

You don't think that the right uses fear tactics when they campaign?

LuvRPgrl said:

I agree that free speech is mostly attacked by the PC left.

taken the guns away can be both fear tactics or a real threat. It depends
on who is accused of it.

The ClayTaurus said:
Fear tactics work and are employed by both sides, it's not just a left thing.

Alot more comes from the left than the right.

Topics that the left use "emotionalism" on to advance their causes, with little or often, no basis in fact.

Tax cuts for the rich
Haliburton (turns out MICHAEL MOORE is the single biggest war profiteer on the Iraq war)

Coat hanger abortions
Gun control cuz we dont want to all be shot by Uzi's
Conservatives are heartless bastards who want to throw the poor, minorities, women, old, and anyone else who isnt a white, male, middle aged fundie out on the street, and we want to employ kids at slave labor rates

RACISM

FREE SPEECH (to support idiotic things like govt funding of a jar of urine)

Seperation of Church and state

Religion is gonna get ya !

Republicans want to end public education (vouchers)

the list goes on, but I seriously need a sandwhich right now, plus the "illegals" need some guidance on landscaping my front yard right now (oh, the three white guys I hired with them, all QUIT SHOWING UP AFTER A FEW DAYS OF HARD WORK~)!!!!!!!

The ClayTaurus said:
Interesting. This seems to support my thesis that Kilgore was using scare tactics, it seems, no?

In this case it would seem that Kilgore did use them, and some did not vote for him for that reason, that said I don't care if either side uses scare tactics (that's politics) as long as they are truthful. When Democrats tell senior citizens over and over again that Relublicans want them all eating cat food that goes way beyond unethical, we know that's not true, the Democrats know it to be not true, yet they keep it up. What Kilgore was trying to do it would seem is draw clear distinctions between himself and Kaine because both men were relatively the same with some subtle differences, Kilgore should have just simply run on his ideas and not wavered on them, he probably would have won, the same holds true for Forrester that if he stayed more on the conservative end of his party as he orignally started out, he would have gotten not only the independents but the republicans as well.

Forum List

Back