California, Arizona, New Mexico Should Belong to Mexico

non Hispanics don't wan't anything to do with with Mexicans/Latinos/whatever ya’l want to call yourselves. They are selfish, ignorant arrogant (enough adjectives for you?) JERKS.

You, for some utterly absurd reason, accuse ME of being racist and then post THAT blatantly racist tirade? You are mentally and morally defective.

I think something that would help EVERYBODY in this discussion is watching this series on PBS - Latino Americans. See Home | Latino Americans | PBS

Now, I for one, have already seen one "error" or overstatement in the series but will watch it again to see if there are more.

But, from what little I saw, it appeared to be a decent look at the subject.

You seem to have some very specific and personal issues.

Do tell? You hate white people ...

When have you ever seen me post anything even remotely suggesting such a ridiculous thing? You're out of your little mind.

This is always the danger in these threads. Either you got one group jumping out and shouting "racist", or the real racists jumping out and shouting "racist". Either way any debate and discussion disappears and it become a lunatic factory.

I also notice they avoid facts whenever possible, a sure sign that the lunatics are running loose in the thread.

Notice when I corrected Mary on the fact that illegal immigration was a problem over 60 years ago, and even provided verifiable references, but from Mary we hear nothing. This is the classic "ignore it until it goes away" tactic I love so much in these forums. Say something stupid and somebody proves you wrong, just start to throw out racism charges until it is all forgotten.

This however also reminds me of why I rarely venture down into the more "political" discussions, and prefer to stick to history and military topics. Although such nonsense does appear in there from time to time as well.

You don't think the new Type 052C Destroyer is the best destroyer ever? That is because you are a racist and hate the Chinese!

The Type 052C is the best Destroyer ever, because it was built by the Chinese!

Whenever I see a posting where that is the level of logic involved, I make a note that I am dealing with somebody that is seriously dain bramaged and generally humor them when I can.

Mushroom - here's a bit of historical irony for you -

illegal immigration was a problem in both Spanish AND Mexican California!

Outsiders jumped ship and fled into the hills, often marrying local girls to make their presence legal. And, more than a few trappers came over the mountains into the Central Valley seeking beaver and other furs, even sneaking to the coast to trap sea otters - the creature that caused concerns over the Russians in the first place!

As long as they convinced the padres to baptize them into the Catholic church, they were instantly considered legal.

However, when Mexico took control, foreigners paid for "passports" allowing them to say for 1 year at a time. They could then marry a local girl of good standing and apply for naturalization.

Mushroom - here's a bit of historical irony for you -

illegal immigration was a problem in both Spanish AND Mexican California!

Outsiders jumped ship and fled into the hills, often marrying local girls to make their presence legal. And, more than a few trappers came over the mountains into the Central Valley seeking beaver and other furs, even sneaking to the coast to trap sea otters - the creature that caused concerns over the Russians in the first place!

As long as they convinced the padres to baptize them into the Catholic church, they were instantly considered legal.

However, when Mexico took control, foreigners paid for "passports" allowing them to say for 1 year at a time. They could then marry a local girl of good standing and apply for naturalization.

Tell me about it!

And in the Territory and State of California during the Gold Rush it was even worse.

Huge parts of the city of San Francisco are built on top of the old waterfront. Once gold was discovered often entire crews would jump ship and head to the hills to make their fortune. And because more land was needed the abandoned ships were just filled with rocks and dirt and trash and sunk to the bottom, expanding the city. The outer mile or more of the East side of the city is all built upon the hulls of abandoned ships from all over the world.

San Francisco got huge "immigrant districts" within less then 10 years. German, Italian, Chinese, each settled their own little areas which remain to this day.

And how much area was filled in with all these abandoned ships full of illegal immigrants?

Map_ca1852_Annals_SF.jpg

One of my favorite old maps, from 1852. If you are familiar with the city, the map is turned 90 degrees to the right, turn left and you will recognize it.

Notice the darker areas of the street grid, that is all fill, new land made within the previous 3 years. I actually work at the corner of Washington and Montgomery, the top of that little bay in the bottom center. They kept going out for quite a while even after this map was made, you can't even see Embarcadero yet, it was still underwater.

This should give you an idea how many ships were abandoned in this city in the late 1840's and early 1850's.

3017c.jpg

Most of the crews were "illegal aliens".

California, Arizona, New Mexico Should Belong to Mexico

You forgot Texas

Forum List

Back