Calif. Top Court Annuls San Francisco Gay Marriages

Bullypulpit said:
"Morality is dictated by the majority..." And therein lies the rub. Morality rooted in the whims, prejudices and misconceptions of "The Majority" is nothing more than tyrany. For our morals and ethics to have any real meaning at all, they must be rooted in their consequnces to THIS life in THIS world.

And, like freeandfun1, your analogies are false analogies. Unless you can prove demonstrable harm the the same-gender couple, those around them, or even to yourself, your argument fails.

This from the guy that argues Al Gore should've been president because "the majority" voted for him...

Bullypulpit said:
Unless you can prove demonstrable harm the the same-gender couple, those around them, or even to yourself, your argument fails.

No matter what evidence is presented, you will not accept it. It is sad that you liberals just cannot accept the undeniable truths of the world.

Moi said:
Well, see, there now you are wrong. Your itty bitty little dagger has missed its mark. For society as a whole has been harmed. For all of the "freedom" that people have nowadays to enter into depravity has led to a decline in society. STD's, unwed mothers, babies in trash cans, rape, child molestation, murder, drugs, homelessness, starvation, uneducated people, truancy...all these things are blights on society- they make it worse.

Now I am not saying that homosexuals caused all these things. But what I am saying is that the more immoral behavior is allowed to become mainstream (gays, premarital sex, promiscuity, drug use, alcoholism as a disease, etc.) and our standards of conduct are out the window due to supposed freedom, the more the nuclear family, and by that I don't mean the radioactive kind, disappears the worse society as a whole becomes. For the strength of our society there has to be morality- and, yes, that morality has real life, immediate consequences- see above.

And there is nothing of "whims" in our belief that homosexuality and thus marriage of homos. is wrong....it's been that way for 1000's of years...that's not exactly what I'd call whims it's what I'd call historically significant.

The decline in society is a result of the decline in accepting responsibility for one's actions. What many fail, or refuse, to realize, is that with freedom comes responsibility. Failure to accept that responsibility leads to a society of victims rather than a society of responsible, functioning individuals.

The willingness of same-gender couples to enter into the bonds of matrimony show, not their failure to accept the responsibility their freedom entails, but rather their willingness to accept those responsibilites.

And, like it or not, just because Western society has condemned homosexuality for centuries doesn't mean its right.

freeandfun1 said:
No matter what evidence is presented, you will not accept it. It is sad that you liberals just cannot accept the undeniable truths of the world.

Provide me with concrete, objective and independently verifiable evidence, that permitting same-gender couples to marry is detrimental to society, and I will accept your premise.

Bullypulpit said:
Provide me with concrete, objective and independently verifiable evidence, that permitting same-gender couples to marry is detrimental to society, and I will accept your premise.

Why dont we just "poll" all the Mothers, our Mothers, Grandmothers, aunts,fathers,grandfathers,uncles and toss in a few cousins for good measure. You just dont get it do you??????? If that is what we were all meant to be, we would one of 2 things....extinct or hermaphrodites. Thank the greater power we arent neither.

Bullypulpit said:
And, like it or not, just because Western society has condemned homosexuality for centuries doesn't mean its right.
And just because they want to marry doesn't make it acceptable either.

Bullypulpit said:

Why dont you actually try to deal with anything we argue rather than pretending we dont respond to you while you continue to demand what youve had for several months now.

Why dont you actually try to deal with anything we argue rather than pretending we dont respond to you while you continue to demand what youve had for several months now.

There has been no evidence provided. Rather, I've read vitriolic diatribes against same-gender marriage rooted in tradition, religious dogma and ignorance. Sadly none of this constitutes proof of anything more than the fears and biases of the individuals posting them.

jon_forward said:
Why dont we just "poll" all the Mothers, our Mothers, Grandmothers, aunts,fathers,grandfathers,uncles and toss in a few cousins for good measure. You just dont get it do you??????? If that is what we were all meant to be, we would one of 2 things....extinct or hermaphrodites. Thank the greater power we arent neither.

First of all, we aren't "meant" to be anything than what we are. Most of us are born heterosexual. A few, between 3 and 6% of us, are born homosexual. Given that fact, the possibility of the human species becoming extinct due to homosexuality lie somewhere between nil and none.

As for hermaphroditism, their are many species which are hermaphroditic, none of which are mammals. Again, not an issue.

And, which "greater power" might that be?

Bullypulpit said:
"Right" and "Acceptable" are not synonyms.
Absolutely correct. However that just proves my point. Just because some people "accept" homosexuality doesn't make it right. Right is whatever the majority dictates. You may wish it weren't so but it is.

The majority rules in this country. You can call it fear or whatever you want but the majority of this country does not and will not stand for homosexuality and homosexual marriages.

Kinda sucks for homosexuals but their feelings are not my concern.

I'm surprised by the commonly accepted trope viewed here that because the majority believes its right, it IS right. There have been times in this country where the majority believed that whites were intrinsically, phsyiologically, BETTER than blacks. There have been times in this country where the majority believed that women couldn't own land, or were too irrational and to controlled by their emotions to vote. But, thankfully, the majority has gradually changed their views as these immoral and untrue 'facts' were examined more carefully, brought to greater public view.

Acceptance of homosexuality has only grown over the course of human events. We don't kill gays anymore (well, not nearly as much, RIP Matthew Sheppard), etc. It is an undeniable POSSIBILITY that gays might be one of those oppressed minorities who should and will gain acceptance and equal rights over time.

Actually you see no one can rationally oppose homosexuality. The homosexual community has said so. The debate is over. Therefore anyone who opposes homosexuals must do so for some irrational reason such as fear.

Using the same logic though, does that mean that Liberals are afraid of Bush? They are Bushophobes. they shouldnt be so dang intolerant

:thewave: :thewave:

LOLOLOL that was a good one! :teeth:

(sorry for the interruption, please continue)

Bullypulpit said:
First of all, we aren't "meant" to be anything than what we are. Most of us are born heterosexual. A few, between 3 and 6% of us, are born homosexual. Given that fact, the possibility of the human species becoming extinct due to homosexuality lie somewhere between nil and none.

As for hermaphroditism, their are many species which are hermaphroditic, none of which are mammals. Again, not an issue.

And, which "greater power" might that be?

There is no hard factual scientific evidence that people are born homosexual, therefore it is not a fact, nice try.

nakedemperor said:
I'm surprised by the commonly accepted trope viewed here that because the majority believes its right, it IS right. There have been times in this country where the majority believed that whites were intrinsically, phsyiologically, BETTER than blacks. There have been times in this country where the majority believed that women couldn't own land, or were too irrational and to controlled by their emotions to vote. But, thankfully, the majority has gradually changed their views as these immoral and untrue 'facts' were examined more carefully, brought to greater public view.

Acceptance of homosexuality has only grown over the course of human events. We don't kill gays anymore (well, not nearly as much, RIP Matthew Sheppard), etc. It is an undeniable POSSIBILITY that gays might be one of those oppressed minorities who should and will gain acceptance and equal rights over time.

Because you choose a vile lifestyle does not make you a minority. NO SPECIAL RIGHTS!

nakedemperor said:

Gays are a minority and for that I thank those people with morals. However, just because something is a minority doesn't mean that it should be embraced by the majority.

Minority is not a synonym for people with more truth than the majority.

nakedemperor said:
It is an undeniable POSSIBILITY that gays might be one of those oppressed minorities who should and will gain acceptance and equal rights over time.

Exactly what "rights" have you been denied? Actually, I don't need you to answer that. I already know the answer. "NONE"! Queers are entitled to EVERY SINGLE RIGHT anyone else is. There is NOTHING that I "CAN" do that you "CAN'T". But if you're going to bring up marriage, well, there's nothing stopping you from getting married. The only thing is, "MARRIAGE" is the HOLY UNION in the eyes of the Lord between a MAN and a WOMAN. Now if you want to have and hold your little butt buddy, Bruce, then you'll just have to call it something else, because it most certainly will NOT be a MARRIAGE.

And as far as people accepting queers, I don't think there'll ever be much more acceptance than there is now... ever. So why don't you trolips accept what acceptance you have, and give it rest? Quite frankly, I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about you freaks. So with all this "WE'RE HERE AND IN YOUR FACE" shit you're spewing these days, you're just hurting yourself. You're acually making people resent you more.

mflame.jpg

Forum List

Back