Calif. set to adopt sweeping cap-and-trade rules

im sure everyone enjoys coming to the california beaches and breathing the clean ocean air. lets just pollute all of that so no one can enjoy that anymore. :cuckoo:

Calif. set to adopt sweeping cap-and-trade rules - U.S. news - Environment - msnbc.com
By JASON DEAREN
The Associated Press

Final nail in the coffin

or

Economy/environment saving?

since businesses are already leaving, I'm thinking coffin nail. But the surrounding states should get a boost as they build power plants all around the CA border and sell them energy.

Yep! They just don't seem to come any dumber than the state of Californication.

I do like the idea that they are doing and the FEd gov isn't stopping them. This set a precidence that they can't stop AZ from having it's own immagration law.

Plus, if it's the epic fail we expect, it only happens in CA. If it suceeds, we'll have to eat crow, but individual states will be free to enact what they want, w/o a federal law.

States rights rule!!

Calif. set to adopt sweeping cap-and-trade rules - U.S. news - Environment - msnbc.com
By JASON DEAREN
The Associated Press

Final nail in the coffin

or

Economy/environment saving?

since businesses are already leaving, I'm thinking coffin nail. But the surrounding states should get a boost as they build power plants all around the CA border and sell them energy.

Yep! They just don't seem to come any dumber than the state of Californication.

I do like the idea that they are doing and the FEd gov isn't stopping them. This set a precidence that they can't stop AZ from having it's own immagration law.

Plus, if it's the epic fail we expect, it only happens in CA. If it suceeds, we'll have to eat crow, but individual states will be free to enact what they want, w/o a federal law.

States rights rule!!

Only thing wrong with your theory is you left out the huge hypocrisy quotient. :lol:

im sure everyone enjoys coming to the california beaches and breathing the clean ocean air. lets just pollute all of that so no one can enjoy that anymore. :cuckoo:

I've been to Cali three times. I was transferred there and stayed for 4 months. Requested a transfer out after sitting in traffic for several hours every day.

I went back once for a wedding and another time to visit my brother.

This sounds like exactly the kind of law that the folks who would like this kind of law would like.

There is no group more richly deserving of this kind of law than those who would approve of it.

I've been to Cali three times. I was transferred there and stayed for 4 months. Requested a transfer out after sitting in traffic for several hours every day.

This sounds like exactly the kind of law that the folks who would like this kind of law would like.

There is no group more richly deserving of this kind of law than those who would approve of it.

You forgot the

Mua Ha Ha!
bitches.

I wonder if they're hoping to clean up that toxic red cloud that hovers over LA? :cuckoo::cuckoo: ahhh yes,, fresh air and sunshine.

Ahhhh, what the right wouldn't do for the promise a few more jobs. Rape the planet, give ourselves cancer. Hey, as long as it creates jobs it's all worth it!

Ahhhh, what the right wouldn't do for the promise a few more jobs. Rape the planet, give ourselves cancer. Hey, as long as it creates jobs it's all worth it!

This is Los Angeles a city full of libturds and you want to preach to us about "raping the planet" fuck the hell off.

This is Los Angeles a city full of libturds and you want to preach to us about "raping the planet" fuck the hell off.

Yeah, it's a disgusting mess that needs to be fixed. What's your point?

Yeah, it's a disgusting mess that needs to be fixed. What's your point?

You don't think it can be fixed without the disgusting taxes that come with cap and trade? doya?

You don't think it can be fixed without the disgusting taxes that come with cap and trade? doya?

I don't think it can be fixed without drastic changes, no.

how bout they OUTLAW cars AND start gassing some of the millions of people who live there to get it "fixed".

That seems practical/reasonable/doable. :eusa_eh:

Go back to sleep Stephanie, you're obviously not awake enough yet to try and contribute to this thread.

CO2 is not pollution. Never has been, never will be to anyone with any honesty.

really, did you just call CO2 not pollution? thanks for an easy pwning

"The more CO2 in the atmosphere, the more of it that dissolves into surface ocean water. That small chemistry change could cause huge changes in marine biology."
CO2 Pollution Could Erase Coral Reefs | Wired Science | Wired.com

"The primary air pollutants found in most urban areas are carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, hydrocarbons, and particulate matter (both solid and liquid). These pollutants are dispersed throughout the world's atmosphere in concentrations high enough to gradually cause serious health problems. Serious health problems can occur quickly when air pollutants are concentrated, such as when massive injections of sulfur dioxide and suspended particulate matter are emitted by a large volcanic eruption."
Air Pollution Causes

Environment
Pollution has been found to be present widely in the environment. There are a number of effects of this:
Biomagnification describes situations where toxins (such as heavy metals) may pass through trophic levels, becoming exponentially more concentrated in the process.
Carbon dioxide emissions cause ocean acidification, the ongoing decrease in the pH of the Earth's oceans as CO2 becomes dissolved.
The emission of greenhouse gases leads to global warming which affects ecosystems in many ways.
Invasive species can out compete native species and reduce biodiversity. Invasive plants can contribute debris and biomolecules (allelopathy) that can alter soil and chemical compositions of an environment, often reducing native species competitiveness.
Nitrogen oxides are removed from the air by rain and fertilise land which can change the species composition of ecosystems.
Smog and haze can reduce the amount of sunlight received by plants to carry out photosynthesis and leads to the production of tropospheric ozone which damages plants.
Soil can become infertile and unsuitable for plants. This will affect other organisms in the food web.
Sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxides can cause acid rain which lowers the pH value of soil.
Pollution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cali is democrat blue through and through.

they fucked thier own state on thier own, with regular pollution.

But this bs is about regulating CO2. Can you find any single link that shows CO2 causing cancer?

Rape the planet? good lord. Destroy your computer, turn off all your lights, park your car in the desert, never use the bus, grow and eat your own food only, live in a cave or or build a home yourself from brick.

OR

Grow up and finally admit we need industry to live. And that by fucking over industry it makes it far harder and far to expensive to live.

Forum List

Back