Calif Raises Cost of 1st Phase of Train to Nowhere by 35% to $10.6B

The policy by the Board of Supervisor required that the lowest bid be accepted. Can you guess which side of the aisle promulgated this policy?

The Government Employee blew the whistle. Government employees, my colleagues, notified the County Manager who had no choice but to authorize the repairs which were costly.

Even you might be able to comprehend the distinction between a cost-deficit and a cost-benefit - something that fiscal conservatives must know, but choose not to consider since it is cheaper to take the risk when they hope they will be long gone before shit hits the fan (see the Tax Reform Bill for an example).

Why is there no mechanism to get rid of bad government employees?

were i worked they had one....and as long as management did their jobs at documenting what the employee did,it worked...but the key word is "documenting"....if they did not do it or did a shitty job....it did not work.....

I'm sure the process of documentation is similar in most public agencies.

First, the employee gets training on what s/he did wrong, and the employee receives a counseling memo; then, if the same behavior occurs, a written reprimand is given to the employee.

If the behavior does not improve he or she will receive a Skelly Notice*** and a hearing is then held where the employee and his attorney can give their side of the story. If the Judge determines all laws have been filed the employee can be suspended without pay or terminated.

The cost to hire and train an employee is the major reason management will go to extremes to salvage an employee.

***Skelly Hearing is a CA Supreme Court Case which allow an Admin. Judge to hear the employees side, and then decide if all laws were followed by the agency.

Whereas in the private sector the boss simply says "you're fired." The process you outline can take years. Only a useless parasite government employee would think that's a speedy process.
in my 33 years in the PO i have seen quite a few people fired right on the spot and never get their job back....

So friend who do you think instituted these due diligence laws and procedures, let me give you a clue.... political hacks, liberal knuckle heads that feared the wrath of unions and of course political support. Maybe you need to do some research prior to posting. The cause and effect has been so well documented over the years, as it concerns public sector employee rights, that it is absurd to say otherwise.

Why is there no mechanism to get rid of bad government employees?

were i worked they had one....and as long as management did their jobs at documenting what the employee did,it worked...but the key word is "documenting"....if they did not do it or did a shitty job....it did not work.....

First, the employee gets training on what s/he did wrong, and the employee receives a counseling memo; then, if the same behavior occurs, a written reprimand is given to the employee.

If the behavior does not improve he or she will receive a Skelly Notice*** and a hearing is then held where the employee and his attorney can give their side of the story. If the Judge determines all laws have been filed the employee can be suspended without pay or terminated.

The cost to hire and train an employee is the major reason management will go to extremes to salvage an employee.

***Skelly Hearing is a CA Supreme Court Case which allow an Admin. Judge to hear the employees side, and then decide if all laws were followed by the agency.

Whereas in the private sector the boss simply says "you're fired." The process you outline can take years. Only a useless parasite government employee would think that's a speedy process.

in my 33 years in the PO i have seen quite a few people fired right on the spot and never get their job back....

There can be a last chance offer by management. Signed by the employee with the advice and consent of the union business agent or his/her attorney which can provide for a termination on the spot. I've seen that when an employee had alcohol on his breath, and the supervisor tookhis car keys and called the employees wife to come and get him.

There can be a last chance offer by management. Signed by the employee with the advice and consent of the union business agent or his/her attorney which can provide for a termination on the spot. I've seen that when an employee had alcohol on his breath, and the supervisor tookhis car keys and called the employees wife to come and get him.
in the PO if you are caught stealing,destroying mail,bad attendance,using the job to make money on the side,violence against someone and a few other ones....you are gone....the Union cant do much for those infractions.....

Government uses due diligence, something alien to you and Trump. The facts are the employee is an investment, in time and money, and my have screwed up because they were not properly trained or did not understand the training they received.

You're not very bright.

And you as a "professional" allowed completely untrained people to handle firearms. Pot meet kettle. If you had been that careless in a firearms class I was teaching you would have been tossed out the door for incompetence. Due diligence my ass.

PC 832 Arrest and Firearms Course - Commission on POST

"completely untrained"? Your straw man is built with wet straw and completely dressed in a hazmat suit made of asbestos.

You stated that you, as a trainer, allowed people to handle firearms before you had given them the slightest bit of training. Those are the actions of a complete boob. No professional I know would have ever done that.

Government uses due diligence, something alien to you and Trump. The facts are the employee is an investment, in time and money, and my have screwed up because they were not properly trained or did not understand the training they received.

You're not very bright.

And you as a "professional" allowed completely untrained people to handle firearms. Pot meet kettle. If you had been that careless in a firearms class I was teaching you would have been tossed out the door for incompetence. Due diligence my ass.

PC 832 Arrest and Firearms Course - Commission on POST

"completely untrained"? Your straw man is built with wet straw and completely dressed in a hazmat suit made of asbestos.

You stated that you, as a trainer, allowed people to handle firearms before you had given them the slightest bit of training. Those are the actions of a complete boob. No professional I know would have ever done that.

I did state that in one course offered to Social Workers and Probation Officers, who did not carry firearms. However, the POs enforced court orders and most Orders of Probation included the condition that the probationer not have in their custody or control a gun. Social Workers make home visits too and both needed to know how to identify and make safe a firearm.

The range master brought in dozens of guns, hand guns and long guns, sawed off shotguns and zip guns - all unloaded - and allowed the class 15 minutes to walk around, look and handle them, which had been collected by the Sheriffs Dept. over the years.

Both the PO's and SW's looked, touched and pointed these deadly weapons without being told they were unloaded After telling them their mistake in handling a guns, we then explained how to handle a gun safely if in the course of their employment they discovered one.

Last edited:
The entire route from LA to San Fran was to cost $9.95B when they suckered the voters into it. This is just for the first phase which is rural flat ground from Merced to Bakersfield. Mountains and urban areas would be the next phases, what are the odds they can do it in budget?

Leftism is a curse upon mankind.

The extra $2.8 billion comes on a 199-mile segment in the Central Valley that is partly under construction. The California High Speed Rail Authority board discussed the increase Tuesday.

The added cost is due to delays in obtaining rights of way and barriers needed along parts of the track, among other things.

It boosts the overall cost of the project to nearly $67 billion, which officials say they hope to recover later.

Cost Climbs By $2.8 Billion For California Bullet Train
correct me if I'm wrong.

didn't we tell them that the actual cost would skyrocket?

double in fact?

well we were partially wrong it's doubled before it's even done

Forum List

Back