Calif. County Bans Tattoos for Employees

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Public employees in San Bernardino County are being asked to cover up tattoos and remove visible facial piercings in the workplace.

A dress code adopted by the county Tuesday also bans jeans and T- shirts with logos.

"If we have to cover them up, will the county provide bandages, so we have to go around looking like we're burned?" asked DeDe Cruz, 39, who works in a county office in Fontana and has a small tattoo depicting angel wings on her ankle.

Some said they shouldn't have to wear long-sleeve shirts to cover their tattoos on hot days, while those with piercings worried that removing them can cause the holes in their flesh to close up.

"We're not trying to limit anyone's freedom of expression," said Mark Uffer, county administrative officer. "Some people may find tattoos objectionable. When you come to work, we're asking they be covered. We're no different from banks and credit unions."

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/08/D8FKPNL80.html

Next it will be requirements to cover your face if you are considered 'ugly' or too 'beautiful'. donchya just love it?

CSM said:
Next it will be requirements to cover your face if you are considered 'ugly' or too 'beautiful'. donchya just love it?

They won't require faces to be covered..they just won't hire them.

I don't see anything wrong with this requirement. Afterall they arn't saying they won't hire people with tattoes or piercings they're just saying cover them up.

You won't see people in hospitals, banks, or restaurants sporting visible facial piercings or tattoes on the neck and arms. I have a small one on my ankle and I work in a hosp. it's no problem since no one ever sees it unless I move my sock and show it off.

I actually think it is within their rights to put "appearance" requirements on their employees.

I am for it.

Some of those facial piercings are nasty to look at especially the ones through the lip :eek:

Forum List

Back