Calif.. always ahead of the curve...

The bills have to originate in the Assembly, but they have to pass both chambers to become law.

Both chambers has a 2/3rds majority, and we have MoonBeam as Gov.

Also, the Democrats still don't have two-thirds of the Senate even when you account for the vacant seat, because 2/3rds of 39 is 26. 25 is less than 26 and the lieutenant governor only has a vote in event of a tie.

Newsome can vote in the case of a stalemate. So IF the Republicans ever attempted to filibuster or there were a tax vote, then Newsome can and does cast a vote.

That's not true. The Democrats have 25 seats in the California Senate, but require 26 for a 2/3rds majority and the lieutenant governor only has a vote in case of tie, not just whenever he feels like it.

California is a prime example of what happens when you wed the general public's desire for spending with giving the Republicans the power to control tax policy, so that none of the spending is ever paid for.

:lol::lol::lol:This post is an excellent example of the lberals complete lack of sanity. Repubs havn't had control of the purse strings in CA for decades...but don't let that screw with your dementia there ol boy.:lol:

You're either a liar or fully ignorant of the political landscape in California.

I live within long rifle range of California and am still an expert witness so testify in Cali on a regular basis. I abandoned Cali over 25 years ago because I could see the writing on the wall and wanted to move to the United States. My predictions have been proven correct.

You're a State worker so of course you're in Polks corner:eusa_whistle:

Sure did. Right in the top of the first article too...

Deukmejian wanted to get the benefits of spending, but was unwilling to pay for it. Pretty typical of the GOP. Plenty of examples of the same behavior today (Christie, for starters).

He didn't want to tap the reserve, you missed it like I thought you would and took the cheap bait...:clap2:

Do you need a primer on 'good borrowing'?

How does that do anything other than prove my point? He wanted the benefits of spending without the responsibility of paying for it.

you just should have been intellectually honest and said yes, I need a primer on borrowing as opposed to eating up your reseves.

Deukmejian wanted to get the benefits of spending, but was unwilling to pay for it. Pretty typical of the GOP. Plenty of examples of the same behavior today (Christie, for starters).

Deukmejian ran a surplus, moron.

{The Deukmejian administration entered office during a national economic recession. California had a $1.5 billion budget deficit with an unemployment rate of 11.2%. He first halted the hiring of new state employees and banned out of state travel for those in government. He rejected the legislature's demands for tax hikes, and pared $1.1 billion from its budget by selectively vetoing spending items. One year later, further cuts, along with a booming defense industry, created a billion dollar surplus for 1985. }

George Deukmejian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I told him that, he doesn't care. ;)

big difference.....

I bet. It was VERY conservative (San Diego) back in the day when I was there. Probably because I was surrounded by everything U.S. Navy - but even the "civilians" I knew were conservative Americans.

I can only imagine what it's like today.

It's a shame really...

I loved it out there.

My favorite spot - the beach behind Hotel Del. BEAUTIFUL place. I saw Dick Van Dyke there once in the dining room of the hotel - he was eating brunch.

Met Desi Arnaz on a train from San Diego to LA !!! He was sitting in coach!!! I shit you not.

yea at one time in the not too distant past California arguably may have been the best place on the planet to live......

California is a prime example of what happens when you wed the general public's desire for spending with giving the Republicans the power to control tax policy, so that none of the spending is ever paid for.

:lol::lol::lol:This post is an excellent example of the lberals complete lack of sanity. Repubs havn't had control of the purse strings in CA for decades..

Republicans merely allowed ENRON to drive their economy.....

.....into a ditch!!!!!

"Enron CEO Kenneth Lay mocked the efforts by the California State government to thwart the practices of the energy wholesalers, saying, "In the final analysis, it doesn't matter what you crazy people in California do, because I got smart guys who can always figure out how to make money."

On May 17, 2001, future Republican governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and former Los Angeles Mayor Republican Richard Riordan met with Enron CEO Kenneth Lay at the Peninsula Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills. The meeting was convened for Enron to present its "Comprehensive Solution for California," which called for an end to federal and state investigations into Enron's role in the California energy crisis."​

Last edited:

:clap2:

patrobertson.jpg

Forum List

Back