Calderón hints US should legalize drugs

'How could I be a super patriotic mexican clown?

1 - I'm not mexican.

Okay - make that a hispanic patriotic clown.

exactly where is the country 'Hispanic'? A person is patriotic toward a country not an ethnicity..they may be loyal to their ethnicity but they are not patriotic toward it.

Wolf, 90% are not Mexican..half are. Here I use one of your sources..CIS

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.[3] Other estimates range from 7 to 20 million.[4] According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 56% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 22% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[5] 13% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe and Canada; and 3% were from Africa and the rest of the world.[5]

1 - I'm not mexican.

exactly where is the country 'Hispanic'? A person is patriotic toward a country not an ethnicity..they may be loyal to their ethnicity but they are not patriotic toward it.

You can fill in the blanks.

The illegal immigrant population of the United States in 2008 was estimated by the Center for Immigration Studies to be about 11 million people, down from 12.5 million people in 2007.[3] Other estimates range from 7 to 20 million.[4] According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 56% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 22% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[5] 13% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe and Canada; and 3% were from Africa and the rest of the world.[5]

It stands to reason that because of the geographical proximity of Mexico to the USA a high majority of illegals WOULD be from Mexico. Wow, what a concept. It is now estimated that 67% of the illegals in the USA are from Mexico - whether it is based on 12M or 20M the highest percent of illegals in this country are from Mexico.

1 - I'm not mexican.

It stands to reason that because of the geographical proximity of Mexico to the USA a high majority of illegals WOULD be from Mexico. Wow, what a concept. It is now estimated that 67% of the illegals in the USA are from Mexico - whether it is based on 12M or 20M the highest percent of illegals in this country are from Mexico.

link? In fact, the number of illegal immigrants has went down to 11 million not up...so I need to see a link saying the number is now somehow 67% instead of 56%

Xchel,

You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. You are a typical pro-illegal alien supporter lying and twisting facts to coddle and protect your beloved illegal aliens.

Department of Homeland Security Annual Report December 2008
Emmigration Enforcement Actions: 2007

Department of Homeland Security apprehended nearly 961,000 foreign nationals. Nearly 89 percent were native of Mexico.
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/enforcement_ar_07.pdf

During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report: A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border http://www.house.gov/sites/members/tx10_mccaul/pdf/Investigaions-Border-Report.pdf

----

“The estimated 20 million illegal aliens in this country and our federal government's failure to enforce either our border or immigration laws.”
CNN http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0503/02/ldt.01.html

----

In April 2003, Georgia state Senator - and national board member of MALDEF – Sam Zamarripa told the Georgia state senate that there were 20 million illegals in the U.S. at the time.
Sam Zamarripa Watch

----

In a September 2004 report on our un-secure borders “Who Left the Door Open?” Time magazine used an estimation of 15 million illegals present in the U.S. using reasoning similar to ours – but with much more optimistic U.S. Border Patrol apprehension rates.
http://www.theamericanresistance.com/articles/art2004sep20.html

----

:evil: Time to start mass deportation!

link? In fact, the number of illegal immigrants has went down to 11 million not up...so I need to see a link saying the number is now somehow 67% instead of 56%

Do your own investigating. You will find that the majority of illegals come from MEXICO! Whether it be 56% or 67% that is a fact. As I said before - the close proximity of the USA to Mexico MAKES it so. You can argue till the cows come home and it will not change that fact. The number of illegals entering the country changes on a daily basis but it remains a no brainer that the majority are mexicans.

Do your own investigating. You will find that the majority of illegals come from MEXICO! Whether it be 56% or 67% that is a fact. As I said before - the close proximity of the USA to Mexico MAKES it so. You can argue till the cows come home and it will not change that fact. The number of illegals entering the country changes on a daily basis but it remains a no brainer that the majority are mexicans.

um the problem is there is a huge difference between the claim of Wolf moon which was 90% and your claim of 67% and my claim of 56% that is a HUGE Difference. So yeah it does matter. I don't have to do my own investigating considering it was YOU who made the claim and I know that claim is untrue.

Whether or not we should legalize drugs is the wrong question to ask. The question really is, how did we become such a failed nation that so many of our people want to take drugs?

The legalization of drugs isn't going to come close to solving even one problem. The cartels will be as violent, they might be fighting for other reasons, but they will still be as violent. The gangs will be just as murderous. They don't fight over drugs as much as you might think. They fight over territorial control far more than drugs.

We don't ask the right questions. It's not whether or not we should legalize meth, it's why getting high is more important to parents than taking care of their children. It's not whether pot should be sold at the local convenience store, it's why people are willing to lose jobs, homes and families to stay addled. Drugs have a much higher addiction level than alcohol. A person can have a glass of wine with dinner on saturday night for their whole lives. No one could have a hit of heroin once a week to enjoy a meal on saturday night.

The debate over whether drugs should be legal marches on, while Red Bull is being banned from college campuses as being too dangerous.

It makes no sense, except to addicts and those who support them.

um the problem is there is a huge difference between the claim of Wolf moon which was 90% and your claim of 67% and my claim of 56% that is a HUGE Difference. So yeah it does matter. I don't have to do my own investigating considering it was YOU who made the claim and I know that claim is untrue.

Your claim of 56% is untrue. Smoke that one. That is a 2005 figure. As I said, you can argue till the cows come home and it does not change the FACT that the majority of illegals ARE from Mexico. You want an exact percent and that is impossible since illegals fall under the radar. All you will be given is an approximate. If you want to stick to your 56% that is fine with me. But I will continue to stick to my factual statement that the MAJORITY of illegals come from MEXICO - regardless of the percent you wish to accept.

Whether or not we should legalize drugs is the wrong question to ask. The question really is, how did we become such a failed nation that so many of our people want to take drugs?

The legalization of drugs isn't going to come close to solving even one problem. The cartels will be as violent, they might be fighting for other reasons, but they will still be as violent. The gangs will be just as murderous. They don't fight over drugs as much as you might think. They fight over territorial control far more than drugs.

We don't ask the right questions. It's not whether or not we should legalize meth, it's why getting high is more important to parents than taking care of their children. It's not whether pot should be sold at the local convenience store, it's why people are willing to lose jobs, homes and families to stay addled. Drugs have a much higher addiction level than alcohol. A person can have a glass of wine with dinner on saturday night for their whole lives. No one could have a hit of heroin once a week to enjoy a meal on saturday night.

The debate over whether drugs should be legal marches on, while Red Bull is being banned from college campuses as being too dangerous.

It makes no sense, except to addicts and those who support them.

You asked a very good question. I don't think it is that we came to be such a failed nation, just that we became one of the highest stress ones, which leads to more drinking and drug use as well as suicide.

I disagree with you on the cartels...their source of money is drugs.

You do realize with a script you can legally buy meth right?

Pot is not addictive.

That same person that has a glass of wine can very well die of liver disease and destroy their entire family and lose their job as well as everything else.

Xchel said:
That same person that has a glass of wine can very well die of liver disease and destroy their entire family and lose their job as well as everything else.

It's medically proven that wine is good for your health as long as you don't over indulge. A glass or two of wine a day is healthy. Whereas, drugs are addictive and some are gateway drugs to harder drugs that can ruin lives and even kill people.

Will your deleted :lol:

Your claim of 56% is untrue. Smoke that one. That is a 2005 figure.

Um I provided a link..and the number from 2005 that you say...well since that time the actual number of illegal immigrants has went DOWN..so please by all means feel free to provide us a LINK disproving the one I gave you.

wolffatty...I am not a teenager, there is no such thing as boyfriend in my world..I am 40 years old and the mother of 4 kids and married. My oldest son went to Afghanistan and fought so that your lazy ass could sit on the internet and complain and make false claims about his family.

We don’t care about or want your son. All we want is the WELFARE money back you took to raise him! That's all you people are good for laying down and popping out hoodlums and gang bangers.

You look like you've been rode hard and put away wet and not a teenager. Where on earth did you ever get the idea you look like a teenager? You are a hopeless poor sick :cuckoo: 3rd world woman.

----

In 2007, legal and illegal aliens cost the federal government more than $346 BILLION dollars and the U.S. taxpayers paid more than $ 9,000.00 for each immigrant in the country!
http://www.esrresearch.com/Rubensteinreport.pdf

----

"The Pew Hispanic Center study from February 2009 found that even though Hispanics make up 13 percent of the adult population, they accounted for 40 percent of sentenced federal offenders in 2007."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/04/29/border-states-dealing-illegal-immigrant-crime-data-suggests/

First of all I never got welfare money second of all I am not an immigrant so who is WE? After all what I want is you to go back where your ancestors came from since I am Cherokee! I have to laugh at your comments because see they are that of a desperate person who has no better argument than to decide to bother someone with lies. See I have been married 17 years while you are lonely, miserable and fat...and you certainly are not a Christian.

Also, I find it interesting that you think wine is healthy for you..not if you drink it all the time....so sit the damn wine bottle down because no it isn't good for you. Wine does contain SOME antioxidents but they aren't well absorbed.

There is a misperception that red wine is abundant in antioxidants. "It does contain some, but they are not always well absorbed. If you want antioxidants, you are better off eating a spinach salad with vegetables than drinking a glass of red wine," Rimm tells WebMD.

so see wine isn't as good for you as you thought it was...because I seriously doubt you limit yourself to 4 ounces a day.

Researcher: Red wine may not be so healthy (Nov. 14, 2006)

Most red wine may not be as good for the heart as media reports have suggested and may even be harmful, according to a review presented at the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions.

John Folts, a professor of cardiovascular medicine and nutritional science and an expert on the cardiovascular benefits of grape flavonoids, presented the findings.

“For 20 years, scientific research describing the heart-healthy benefits of consuming red wine has found its way into the lay press. Many people think that drinking red wine will reduce their risk of heart attack and stroke,” Folts says. “And that may be true, but probably only if you drink the expensive stuff.”
“But what is often overlooked,” Folts notes, “is that it also contains alcohol, which is a pro-inflammatory and pro-oxidant substance, and which may increase risk factors for heart disease. The ratio of the amount of flavonoids to alcohol in red wine very likely determines if the wine is going to be heart-healthy, neutral or possibly harmful.”

Research suggests that if the red wine contains a large amount of flavonoids, they overcome the negative effects of alcohol and result in a net health benefit. However, many red wines do not contain enough flavonoids to overcome the negative effects. Thus, there may be little or no benefit to gain from consuming these red wines.

Now let's talk about the stuff you think is bad for you...like Marijuana. Are you really going to argue that you can overdose on marijuana? Are you really going to be that stupid?

Calderón is absolutely right.

yes, he is editec, but be careful Wolf moon will now start accusing you of being a member of the cartel or a drug user....never mind that someone who is a member of the cartel would NEVER want drugs to be legalized...and that most folks who say legalize it don't use drugs seems to be unimportant as well.

Of course cartels don't want drugs legalized. That would immediately put a new cartel on the block. The government cartel. The violence in mexico isn't because drugs are illegal. It's because of the competition! Add in some more competition! Put legal outlets in direct competition with the cartels.

It will make for superb television.

In mexico the cartels have no problem whatsoever attacking hospitals and rehab centers where addicts are treated. They slaughter everyone, patients, doctors, staff. We need that here. If only to teach us a lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back