Cal. Senate Race Tightens

The San Joaquin Valley doesn't just grow cotton it grows several different crops from almonds to cotton. The result of cutting off the water has resulted in 40% unemployment in that area and 100's of acres of farmland once rich and useful now dry and barren. The real reason why the water was cut off is because of the strong need to litigate by environmental groups in CA. and the argument was that the pollution from these fields was causing the smelt to die off and thus effect eventually the salmon. Let's face it if you know anything about CA. and it appears you do, the environmental groups there will litigate there at the drop of a hat. If the intention is to save the Delta smelt then there were many solutions in which could have been added to this situtaion rather than sending the unemployment to that area up to 40% and still take into consideration that the Delta Smelt was an endangered species. I agree though, didn't mean to sidetrack the conversation, please continue with Sen. Boxer.

The San Joaquin Valley doesn't just grow cotton it grows several different crops from almonds to cotton. The result of cutting off the water has resulted in 40% unemployment in that area and 100's of acres of farmland once rich and useful now dry and barren. The real reason why the water was cut off is because of the strong need to litigate by environmental groups in CA. and the argument was that the pollution from these fields was causing the smelt to die off and thus effect eventually the salmon. Let's face it if you know anything about CA. and it appears you do, the environmental groups there will litigate there at the drop of a hat. If the intention is to save the Delta smelt then there were many solutions in which could have been added to this situtaion rather than sending the unemployment to that area up to 40% and still take into consideration that the Delta Smelt was an endangered species. I agree though, didn't mean to sidetrack the conversation, please continue with Sen. Boxer.

I don't think I've ever started a thread that stayed on the subject, besides I brought it up and believe it's relevant. All that you say is true but it's difficult to relate the devastation of central California. It just breaks your heart from green valleys with flocks of birds to dusty air, dried up orchards and fields of dirt and weeds. From Los Angeles to Sacramento.

Agreed. No reason a Senator should serve more than two consecutive six year terms.

As for the House of Reps, no more than five consecutive two year terms.

Having figures so deeply entrenched in DC inevitably leads to corruption.

And former Legislators should have to wait twelve years before they could lobby, too!

As for the "consecutive, then what? a term out and two more in or ten more in?

Could this finely be the year that California unloads Boxer, all I can say is Please..:eusa_pray:

California Senator Barbara Boxer is now the latest Democratic incumbent to find herself in a tightening race for reelection

Boxer leads former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina by just three points, 46% to 43%. In November, Boxer was also at the 46% level of support but led Fiorina by nine points.

The longtime Democratic senator runs best right now against state Assemblyman Chuck Devore, beating him by six points, 46% to 40%. Two months ago, though, she posted a 10-point lead on DeVore, 49% to 39%.

As for Campbell, the ex-congressman and former state finance director who on Thursday quit the governor’s race to jump into the Senate contest, Boxer leads him by just four points, 46% to 42%.

Election 2010: California Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

:lol::lol::lol:

Agreed. No reason a Senator should serve more than two consecutive six year terms.

As for the House of Reps, no more than five consecutive two year terms.

Having figures so deeply entrenched in DC inevitably leads to corruption.

Ah. You support taking choice away from the electorate. Color me not surprised.

Don't get me wrong here Lumpy , I think CA. is perhaps one of the most beautiful states when it comes to natural beauty I have ever been too, well besides my own, but then again, I have to be for the home team on that one. What I feel , especially when it comes to CA. is that while well intentioned on environmental issues, that they sometimes do not take into account the economic impact of over regulation and over litigating on environmental issues. It appears that lately many groups there would rather run to the court to stop economic progress rather than looking for solutions that work in harmony with the environment and the economy. Let me give you a really good example, you have no doubt heard of the need for "green jobs" however there is currently a project for the largest solar farm in the US planned near the Joshua Tree National Forest , but this too has been brought into court because of land use issue by those same groups touting alternative energy. I have no issues with people that wish to be good stewards of the environment, and it would appear that all the money spent in litigation and lost jobs would be better spent on helping citizens find better ways in which to do things, case in point the farmers of the Central Valley.

"The San Joaquin Valley doesn't just grow cotton it grows several different crops from almonds to cotton. The result of cutting off the water has resulted in 40% unemployment in that area and 100's of acres of farmland once rich and useful now dry and barren."

In the first place, California grows 65% of all fruits and vegetables eaten in the US. 13 of those products grow no where else in the US. Also produces milk, cheeses of very many varieties, and all sorts of wines. As for the Valley being dry and barren, no not really.....

that 40% unemployment in the valley is MOSTLY illegal aliens, and who gives a shit about that, they, by virtue of their anchor babies, can live in federally subsidised MIGRANT WORKER Housing, and when there is no work, they get welfare for the anchors, and the rents are way reduced, so they don't really need unemployment benefits. The kids get foodstamps benefits cards, and about half of the illegals are into mule-ing drugs around the Western US, so there income is supplemented. Because AHHHHHnold was STUPID, it is no longer necessary for them to have driver's licenses, therefore no onger necessary for them to pay for auto insurance..... get the drift....

So, for the rest of the US of A, if you want to eat what is grown in the US, be nice to us, otherwise..... OH Well!

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/

Last edited:
Last edited:
Could this finely be the year that California unloads Boxer, all I can say is Please..:eusa_pray:

California Senator Barbara Boxer is now the latest Democratic incumbent to find herself in a tightening race for reelection

Boxer leads former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina by just three points, 46% to 43%. In November, Boxer was also at the 46% level of support but led Fiorina by nine points.

The longtime Democratic senator runs best right now against state Assemblyman Chuck Devore, beating him by six points, 46% to 40%. Two months ago, though, she posted a 10-point lead on DeVore, 49% to 39%.

As for Campbell, the ex-congressman and former state finance director who on Thursday quit the governor’s race to jump into the Senate contest, Boxer leads him by just four points, 46% to 42%.

Election 2010: California Senate - Rasmussen Reports™

I watched Carly Fiorina during an interview. That lady is one smart cookie when it comes to the economy. Californian's would be real stupid with the unemployment rate they have to re-elect Boxer.

Having lived and voted in California for over three decades, I can attest to the fact that the people rarely vote smart.

"The San Joaquin Valley doesn't just grow cotton it grows several different crops from almonds to cotton. The result of cutting off the water has resulted in 40% unemployment in that area and 100's of acres of farmland once rich and useful now dry and barren."

In the first place, California grows 65% of all fruits and vegetables eaten in the US. 13 of those products grow no where else in the US. Also produces milk, cheeses of very many varieties, and all sorts of wines. As for the Valley being dry and barren, no not really.....

that 40% unemployment in the valley is MOSTLY illegal aliens, and who gives a shit about that, they, by virtue of their anchor babies, can live in federally subsidised MIGRANT WORKER Housing, and when there is no work, they get welfare for the anchors, and the rents are way reduced, so they don't really need unemployment benefits. The kids get foodstamps benefits cards, and about half of the illegals are into mule-ing drugs around the Western US, so there income is supplemented. Because AHHHHHnold was STUPID, it is no longer necessary for them to have driver's licenses, therefore no onger necessary for them to pay for auto insurance..... get the drift....

So, for the rest of the US of A, if you want to eat what is grown in the US, be nice to us, otherwise..... OH Well!

CDFA > Statistics

All true, but that land of 40% unemployment is just a part of the west side of the San Joaquin Valley. The fallow land is mostly cotton and alfalfa, annual crops. Farmers there are using what water that they do have to keep trees alive, as it would take several years to get them back into production again. Some of the big growers have also sold water to Los Angeles from their allotment of subsidized water.

The situation has been exaggerated, and oversimplified, as I posted earlier. That doesn't mean that environmental lawsuits aren't a factor, just that there are other factors, like the drought, and grandstanding pundits who exaggerate and oversimplify the situation.

It is not a scene of devastation from Bakersfield to Sacramento, as some alarmists would have us believe. This area is still a major producer of food.

I live in the Central Valley. Here, crops are being grown, there isn't a lot of fallow land, and unemployment, even with all of the illegal aliens we have, is still nowhere near 40%.

CDFA > Statistics

All true, but that land of 40% unemployment is just a part of the west side of the San Joaquin Valley. The fallow land is mostly cotton and alfalfa, annual crops. Farmers there are using what water that they do have to keep trees alive, as it would take several years to get them back into production again. Some of the big growers have also sold water to Los Angeles from their allotment of subsidized water.

The situation has been exaggerated, and oversimplified, as I posted earlier. That doesn't mean that environmental lawsuits aren't a factor, just that there are other factors, like the drought, and grandstanding pundits who exaggerate and oversimplify the situation.

It is not a scene of devastation from Bakersfield to Sacramento, as some alarmists would have us believe. This area is still a major producer of food.

I live in the Central Valley. Here, crops are being grown, there isn't a lot of fallow land, and unemployment, even with all of the illegal aliens we have, is still nowhere near 40%.

I just drove from L.A. to Sacramento 6 weeks ago, what I described is what I saw, granted this was the view from highway 5. Along with signs, "Congress Created Dust Bowl.".

CDFA > Statistics

I just drove from L.A. to Sacramento 6 weeks ago, what I described is what I saw, granted this was the view from highway 5. Along with signs, "Congress Created Dust Bowl.".

Did you happen to notice a large ditch filled with water running alongside the freeway?

A really big one, lined with concrete, that followed 5 most of the way between Sacramento and Bakersfield?

Did you happen to notice a large ditch filled with water running alongside the freeway?

A really big one, lined with concrete, that followed 5 most of the way between Sacramento and Bakersfield?

The California aqueduct, here and there yes.. for LA I imagine..

The California aqueduct, here and there yes.. for LA I imagine..

Yes, partly. It is a part of the California Water Project that delivers water all over the state. Those delta pumps that have become so famous are only a very small part of it. Some of the large agribusiness interests on the west side of the valley have lost some of their water due to environmental concerns brought to a head by an endangered species of fish.

To hear them tell it, they lost all of their water to a minnow. There is some truth to what they say, but it is a gross exaggeration and an oversimplification. The salmon fishermen on the north coast tell quite a different story.

Water policy in California is political, it is illogical, and it is unsustainable. Pumping or not pumping delta water is only a very small part of the issue.

But, that is a discussion that needs a thread of its own.

Look,anyone with a shred of common sense knows that Liberal cretins like Boxer,Feinstein,and Pelosi have to go. But will they go? I don't think so. Fellow Liberal loons out there only vote on a couple of wedge issues like abortion and gay marriage. Boxer,Feinstein,and Pelosi have actually destroyed California at this point. They have done absolutely nothing to help California. They are failures pure & simple. That doesn't mean they will lose though. Sadly it is what it is out there.

Forum List

Back