CAIR uses lawyers and threats to silence Philly writer

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Aaron Proctor, a Philadelphia-based libertarian writer, can count himself the latest victim of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), an organization that ironically claims to work for civil rights.

Proctor, a colorful commentator for the Philadelphia version of Examiner.com, had the temerity to investigate CAIR’s dubious background in connection with its Philadelphia branch’s planned fundraising dinner on March 12 at a municipal facility, the Springfield Country Club.

Setting its sights on the weaker adversary, CAIR-PA sent the local police Proctor’s photograph and accused him of being a potential “security threat.” In a letter to a senior staffer at the Examiner, CAIR-PA charged Proctor with “hate speech,” “bigotry,” and “slander” and issued a strongly worded request for the writer’s dismissal.

Frightened by CAIR’s threats of libel proceedings and references to “hate speech,” the Examiner folded. On February 11, management suspended Proctor from work while it reviewed the legalities of his anti-CAIR articles.

In an email sent on February 14, Proctor wrote about his tangling with this supposed champion of civil liberties:

To say that I wasn’t scared not only for my life but for my loved ones due to the threats from CAIR would be a gross understatement. It’s scary when you read someone has emailed the police about you when you haven’t even made a threat to them and wouldn’t do anything more than write about them.

Proctor disclosed that although he had won back his job at the Examiner, the experience left him shaken:

I have been reinstated on Examiner.com today. … As a precaution (and of my own free will, not suggested to be [sic] by anyone), I’ve taken down my CAIR articles … and will no longer focus on any further stories about Islam or CAIR. I guess that’s the end game [sic] of terrorism: scaring people into[not] speaking out and keeping people away from seeking out their livelihood.

Pajamas Media » CAIR

Stealth jihad. If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

This was what Proctor wrote about:

CAIR-PA invited Johari Abdul-Malik to deliver one of the evening’s main addresses. Abdul-Malik works at the Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Center, which has the distinction of being the former base for an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and for Anwar al-Awlaki, mentor to Fort Hood murderer Nidal Malik Hasan and underwear bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.

In keeping with these associations, Abdul-Malik declared in 2001:

I am gonna teach you now. You can blow up bridges, but you cannot kill people who are innocent on their way to work. You can blow up power supplies … the water supply; you can do all forms of sabotage and let the world know that we are doing it like this because they have a respect for the lives of innocent people.

One can understand perfectly why CAIR PA wouldn't want that known. :evil:

These are the types of people sunni man supports. Carry on SM.

CAIR has not been charged are convicted of any illegal activities.

They are a legal Muslim outreach organization that has excellent relationship with both federal and state agencies.

And they invite terrorism supporters to speak at their meetings. Hey SM - Do you agree that blowing up bridges is cool as long as no "innocent" people are killed?

Fuck CAIR we need more Allen Wests out their....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MZx38i6iYs]YouTube - CAIR Confronts Allen West[/ame]

Good for CAIR

They used their excellent reputation with law enforcement and the political process to help nullify a potential threat.
You're full of shit.
From the link:
CAIR has recently made a series of statements accusing the FBI of falsely entrapping Muslim-Americans and advocating that Muslims not cooperate with law enforcement and the FBI. … As a former U.S. attorney, I am extremely concerned about the message that this kind of rhetoric sends to the community.
It's absolutely about stealth Sharia Law.

Again, CAIR Is a grassroots Muslim civil rights organization that has broken no laws.

All loyal and patriotic Americans should back CAIR in its defense and adherence to our Constitution.

Again, CAIR Is a grassroots Muslim civil rights organization that has broken no laws.

All loyal and patriotic Americans should back CAIR in its defense and adherence to our Constitution.

:lol: Yeah, that's what we heard about ACORN all those years too (minus the Muslim part).

assclown.jpg

CAIR is doing a good job of imitating the Anti-Defamation League. How about we toss 'em both in a cage and let 'em fight to the death?

CAIR has not been charged are convicted of any illegal activities.

They are a legal Muslim outreach organization that has excellent relationship with both federal and state agencies.

But many of it's leaders and members have been:

Part 3: Some CAIR Officials Convicted of Crimes, More Tied to Extremist Groups :: The Investigative Project on Terrorism

Not to mention the 'unindicted co-conspirators': UN-INDICTED CO-CONSPIRATOR CAIR ATTACKS FREE SPEECH SUMMIT, SEEKS TO CRUSH, ILLEGALIZE FIRST AMENDMENT - Atlas Shrugs

CAIR wants Sharia, responses like the Examiner move them closer to their goal.

The words un-indicted co-conspirator mean absolutely nothing.

CAIR Has not been charged or convicted of anything illegal.

You can be decent from time-to-time, but on some issues you are illogical.

If CAIR was doing anything iilegal. They should be closed down and the leaders arrested.

yes, as I already linked to, quite a few have been arrested and found guilty.

CAIR is part and parcel of the current insiders in our government, which is shouldn't be, anymore than JDL. Both have interests that are not US interests, indeed can be considered counter to our interests.

Failure to prosecute, especially for political sensibilities, does not mean innocence.

Forum List

Back