CAIR Campaign Attempts To Mislead About Meaning Of Jihad

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Written By : William Teach at Rightwingnews
January 5, 2013

Back on December 14th I noted that Hamas linked CAIR was launching a program in Chicago designed to mislead people on what jihad means, with this wonderful quote
In contrast, Rehab’s “MyJihad” public-relations campaign portrays jihad as “a concerted and noble effort against injustice, hate, misunderstanding, war, violence, poverty, hunger, abuse or whatever challenge big or small we face in daily life, with the purpose of getting to a better place,” according to the campaign’s website, MyJihad.org.

This isn't new, although it's the first time I've seen it dealt with other than the Atlas Shrugs blog. Read more of this article @ CAIR Campaign Attempts To Mislead About Meaning Of Jihad | Right Wing News Yet another effort to put a kindly, peaceful face on a religion of hate and bigotry.

:mad:

"...a concerted and noble effort against injustice, hate, misunderstanding, war, violence, poverty, hunger, abuse or whatever challenge big or small we face in daily life, with the purpose of getting to a better place,”

Actually, that is what Jihad suppose to mean. Add a little more to it and you have "Kill all the infidels!"

If one understands jihad, specifically "greater jihad," then there is nothing overtly misleading about it. It is the non-violent method of spreading Islam, which would, naturally, include a positive spin. Have Christians not also spread Christianity via both violent and non-violent means? Do they not also attempt to portray Christianity and the gospels positively when using non-violent means?

What bothers me most about this is not so much that somebody is trying to place a negative spin on Islam. Knock yourself out. There's plenty of fuel available. No, what bothers me most is that Christians have a tendency to be very sensitive about those that condemn Christianity because of the actions of Christians. I've seen it played out on this forum more times that I could possibly count. Yet, most of their condemnations of Islam use little else than that very tactic.

But I understand. It is a Holy War after all. Kind of hard to win if you're not going to put down the other religion.

Forum List

Back