Cain to accuse Perry campaign of feeding the harassment story to the press

It will just be something else for them to blame the librul media for.

I'm sticking with No More Mr. Nice Blog. This smells like Karl Rove.

It would be a double play for Karl. He gets to smear Cain via the stooges in Perry's camp and Perry takes the blame for turning on a fellow Republican and Romney wins.

Yeah that would be evil Karl. He's good at this shit.

Distinct possibility. And it will shake out because Cain will not go down without a fight.

I was reminded of this story from the Bush years:

The Raw Story | Secret Service records raise new questions about discredited conservative reporter

Gannon’s ready access to President Bush and his work for a news agency that frequently plagiarized content from other reporters and tailored it to serve a conservative message may raise new questions about the White House’s attempts to seed favorable news coverage. Democrats have sought to paint Guckert in the context of other efforts by the Administration to “plant” positive spin by paying for video news releases and columnists to espouse their views.

There were so many scandals during the Bush/Cheney/Rove years that this kind of stuff just got lost in the shuffle.

A blogger/male prostitute is given access to WH press conferences. It's part of a larger pattern, as the article mentions, of "seeding" favorable press coverage. It should have been a huge scandal, but again, there were too many scandals, and the press was too incompetent to follow through.

I assume Karl Rove is behind the leaks. Doesn't everyone?

No, not really.

Oh, Karl is in the tank for the Weird Mormon Robot, to be sure. But having Cain in a position of prominance actually helps Romney. As long as Cain is taking up oxygen, Perry can't reignite.

So I think Perry or someone in Perry's camp, namely the guy who used to work for Cain in his Senate Run, is probably behind this.

Not that Cain should blame anyone but himself. He knew this was out there, and he had 10 days to prepare a response, and THIS was the best he could come up with?

I assume Karl Rove is behind the leaks. Doesn't everyone?

No, not really.

Oh, Karl is in the tank for the Weird Mormon Robot, to be sure. But having Cain in a position of prominance actually helps Romney. As long as Cain is taking up oxygen, Perry can't reignite.

So I think Perry or someone in Perry's camp, namely the guy who used to work for Cain in his Senate Run, is probably behind this.

Not that Cain should blame anyone but himself. He knew this was out there, and he had 10 days to prepare a response, and THIS was the best he could come up with?

I know there's a lot of support behind the idea that it's Perry, but the witness who came forward is Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson (pollster) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I think this shows how weak Romney really is. People will follow anybody to avoid Romney.

One thing's for sure, I don't think it's Obama. They would wait to drop this till it was more to their advantage.

Cain says Forbes concluded Perry camp was source of harassment leak

Justin Sink

November 3, 2011

Herman Cain said Forbes Magazine - and not his campaign - was responsible for the concluding that Rick Perry's campaign leaked the story of sexual harassment allegations during Cain's tenure as the president of the National Restaurant Association.

"A reporter did this research and came up with these facts, we didn't," Cain said Thursday on Sean Hannity's radio show. "That was the reporter that wrote the report for Forbes." Cain says Forbes concluded Perry camp was source of harassment leak - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Only trouble is........Cain has already not only debunked (via his campaign manager) but has also re-ignited the furor.

Nope............sorry............Cain is toast.

I would rather see the Publicans go after each other until they whittle each other down to nothing.

:popcorn:

Yes......it's perfect.

Obama is over at the G20 promising them more bailout money in broad daylight and his friends (Jon Corzine) are busy destroying our economy and his organization (SEIU, ACORN, Workers Family Party) is busy protesting in our streets.

So you're really happy that he's probably gonna be an albatross around our necks for another 4 years and you still won't know WTF is the cause of all of this.

tinfoilhatsmile.gif

Forum List

Back