Cain tied for 1ST in new CBS Poll

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Shouldnt come as a shock really. After all we elected a no experience nobody so electing a real experienced nobody will be an easy proposition. Ill support him fully should he win the nomination.
If someone suggested that you hire someone with no experience at all to run your business, you would probably think that was just a bit ridiculous. Yet millions of people seem to think it's OK to hire someone to run the country who has never held a political office. There is a huge difference in being president of your company and being president of the United States.

Shouldnt come as a shock really. After all we elected a no experience nobody so electing a real experienced nobody will be an easy proposition. Ill support him fully should he win the nomination.
If someone suggested that you hire someone with no experience at all to run your business, you would probably think that was just a bit ridiculous. Yet millions of people seem to think it's OK to hire someone to run the country who has never held a political office. There is a huge difference in being president of your company and being president of the United States.

The HELL you say! Next, you'll try and tell us that running a country's economy is different from running a family budget!

Well, I don't think that there is any job experience that really prepares you for being president.

Dwight D. Eisenhower never held a political office in his life. (Sorry, while there is politics in the general ranks of the Army, it's not an elected thing.) He was probably one of the top ten great presidents, IMHO.

Can't see the book tour as "slacking off". Cain's job at this point is to expand beyond the Alan Keyes role as the "slightly eccentric black Republican" to serious guy with serious ideas. The book tour does that. JMO.

the book makes him look like another sarah palin... interested only in the buzz. i i were running his campaign, i would not have let him do it.

Actually, looking at how the Mormons operate politically, they always act stealthily. They did this when they essentially hijacked the Boy Scouts of America. They did this in the Prop 8 fight. They are very good at playing politics without leaving fingerprints.

I'm a lot more comfortable with a Perry or Santorum who is upfront about what they believe, even if I disagree with it. (Bachmann, I agree. She's nuts.)

that's what people said about JFK.... that he would do what the pope told him to. again, i've never seen anything in romney's career to make me think he'd do the old government is our moral enforcer thing.

i think santorum's crazy, too... anyone who would let his children play with his dead child has more than questionable judgment.

i don't ever want an evangelical as president. they can't separate their religion from politics.

Quite the contrary. When the religious right has been unenthusiastic about the GOP nominee, he LOSES. Ford lost because Jerry Falwell endorsed Carter. Dole lost because he was contemptuous of the Christian right. McCain did little to endear himself with them until he picked Palin, and a lot of them stayed home. ['quote]

mccain would have won had he not picked palin. i think you underestimate the negative effect of anti-intellectual, science-hating, evolution denying, rightwingers on those of us who aren't rightwing extremists.

But Romney would be a hundred times worse because of the antipathy these folks have towards Mormonism.

all the more reason for me to like him.

You know what, the man has had more personal success than you or I will ever know. Now maybe you can argue that his success in the business arena won't translate well to the political one... but seriously, he's accomplished great things in his life.

government isn't a "business". while there are money-management issues, thee are other considerations. i expect my president to understand nuance, to understand the workings of government, to understand foreign policy... those concerns have little to do with dollars and cents.

Are you trying to say Obama isn't as much a tool of the Corporatists? Really? Let's get real here, no one is going to get elected without Wall Street's endorsement any more than an Iranian president is going to get elected without the approval of the Ayatollahs...
given that it was the right who brought us Citizen's United, that travesty of justice and embarrassment of a decision, i'd say, no... obama isn't as much of a corporatist. if he were the koch brothers and their minions wouldn't be trying so hard to get a republican in power.

The things that have gotten Perry in trouble are not the things that you as a liberal would be upset about (executions, pro-business) but the things that the RIght wing hates and you guys love. Heck, he's giving tuition to illegal alien kids. Libs would normally be praising the hell out of that.

i'm not totally anti death penalty, but i'll tell you the truth, i think if seven people are recanting their testimony and saying that they were coerced by prosecutors, i think that should cause the governor who signs the execution order to give pause. i think anyone who's a decent person should.

you're correct, though. the things that caused perry's approval to drop precipitously are the things the we (and many in the republican party, too) might find at least some merit in.
he's right, though, if we can't figure out a way to deal with our immigrant population, we're in trouble.

Actually, as a life-long Republican, I often find my myself amazed on how badly they can f**k it up, to be quite honest. This will be one of those times. I mean, I'm an honest guy, the GOP has lost four out of the last five popular votes, and the one they won was because they literally had all the wind blowing in the right direction.

Romney would be the mother of all screw ups on the part of the establishment.

you make a mistake thinking that only people who make half the country gag are appropriate candidates.

romney, if he won, would be far less damaging to this country than your last republican president. you lose races because your party has started seeking out the most extremist people. they let the tea party genii out of the bottle and can't control it now. so it's hurting not only the country, but is damaging the GOP , too.

Not getting the Cain thing. Oh well, as long as the GOP ends the Obama error I'm ALL in!

This kind of ignorance is exactly why you don't get the "Cain thing".

I hope this trend continues, and I would think he has a better chance at Obama than Romney or Perry ever does.

Him vs Obama in a debate would be great. I personally think he is the only candidate who I think universally can come off more charismatic, and clever as well as defending and attacking his policies.

It will be glaring how much of a phony politician Obama is, speaks, acts, how rehearsed, and how much a facade everything about him is. From what he says, to how he crafts his image and how you perceive his personality. I think a lot of people will be surprised and though may not flat out say it like it is, but what they will be thinking would lean in that direction.

I think it's great. Mitt will drop out just after Perry and the rest will go but Newt and Ron Paul... Cain on the stage with Newt and Ron will be so “lol,” when everyone has something to say and Cain is still using his one liner of "For 9.99$ you can pay taxes like you buy a pizza!" 27% taxes sounds fucking awesome btw, lol NOT!

In all Cain would be a very weird President. One side of me wants to say he could be good and the other side (the bigger side) understand that Cain's previous experience means dick when he tries to sell "ideas" like a shitty commercial. The man lacks depth and that is the scary part, but he is better than Mitt and Perry IMO.

What’s Cain’s view on foreign policy? Will he super size it or maybe he will get back to us on that 1 too lol.

to me, raw means he's inexperienced and doesn't know anything yet.
i think a good part of the right likes him for the same reason they like clarence thomas... he's a black guy who spouts the party line of white corporatists.

Horse shit. Supports the party line of "white" corporatists? It's not about Race, why do you guys bring it up every time. Cain Supports Business in America, Black and white. That's why the GOP likes him.

I like Cain because I think he knows Business, and is Practical. I also think he is Humble enough to know what he does not know, and appoint good advisers to help him. I could give one rats ass about the color of his skin, or Obama's. I care about Agenda, Polices, and Actions. The only thing I have to say about Cains Skin Color is this. Wouldn't it be something if America elected Back to back Black Presidents, one from Each Opposing party. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Cain does however lack the experience I would like to see, though I think His Business and corporate back ground mean he has more Executive Experience than Obama did.

Romney Clearly has the Most experience, and also has the Business back Ground going for him. Again I could care less about his Religion, and Am not bothered that he is seen as less than Conservative on Social Issues. In fact that is exactly what I want, a Moderate on Social Issues, Who is Fiscally Responsible, and who will keep a leash on the ever Growing Federal Government.

Last edited:
What’s Cain’s view on foreign policy? Will he super size it or maybe he will get back to us on that 1 too lol.

Yep, this is where he scares me. He clearly knows Jack Shit about it. The Question is he smart enough to Appoint Advisers that do know About it, and take their Advice to heart?

Screw Perry is all I can say. You guys all know I am a Conservative, But Please NO perry. Dude reminds me of Bush every time he talks. I don't think he has the Brains, or the Diplomatic Skills to do the Job.

He is weak on the Border, and to Socially Conservative to bring in the Independents.

Now that Christi is defiantly not running, It's Romney, or Maybe...just Maybe Cain in my book.

Can't see the book tour as "slacking off". Cain's job at this point is to expand beyond the Alan Keyes role as the "slightly eccentric black Republican" to serious guy with serious ideas. The book tour does that. JMO.

the book makes him look like another sarah palin... interested only in the buzz. i i were running his campaign, i would not have let him do it.

Actually, looking at how the Mormons operate politically, they always act stealthily. They did this when they essentially hijacked the Boy Scouts of America. They did this in the Prop 8 fight. They are very good at playing politics without leaving fingerprints.

I'm a lot more comfortable with a Perry or Santorum who is upfront about what they believe, even if I disagree with it. (Bachmann, I agree. She's nuts.)

that's what people said about JFK.... that he would do what the pope told him to. again, i've never seen anything in romney's career to make me think he'd do the old government is our moral enforcer thing.

i think santorum's crazy, too... anyone who would let his children play with his dead child has more than questionable judgment.

i don't ever want an evangelical as president. they can't separate their religion from politics.

government isn't a "business". while there are money-management issues, thee are other considerations. i expect my president to understand nuance, to understand the workings of government, to understand foreign policy... those concerns have little to do with dollars and cents.

Are you trying to say Obama isn't as much a tool of the Corporatists? Really? Let's get real here, no one is going to get elected without Wall Street's endorsement any more than an Iranian president is going to get elected without the approval of the Ayatollahs...
given that it was the right who brought us Citizen's United, that travesty of justice and embarrassment of a decision, i'd say, no... obama isn't as much of a corporatist. if he were the koch brothers and their minions wouldn't be trying so hard to get a republican in power.

i'm not totally anti death penalty, but i'll tell you the truth, i think if seven people are recanting their testimony and saying that they were coerced by prosecutors, i think that should cause the governor who signs the execution order to give pause. i think anyone who's a decent person should.

you're correct, though. the things that caused perry's approval to drop precipitously are the things the we (and many in the republican party, too) might find at least some merit in.
he's right, though, if we can't figure out a way to deal with our immigrant population, we're in trouble.

you make a mistake thinking that only people who make half the country gag are appropriate candidates.

romney, if he won, would be far less damaging to this country than your last republican president. you lose races because your party has started seeking out the most extremist people. they let the tea party genii out of the bottle and can't control it now. so it's hurting not only the country, but is damaging the GOP , too.

Well thank god you aren't his campaign adviser because he would have no where near his success. Really? Who the fuck are you to say something so arrogant. I'm pretty sure Obama released a book, Perry released a book, this is what they do. They put themselves out their so people can feel like they know them personally and understand them. Electing a president is investing a lot of trust in a person. I know you don't care who you throw the keys too... I understand he hasn't served in government before, but if you want to research him it is pretty easy. Their is video of him in the 80's and 90's, as well as the fact he served the government in the military, and his job with Godfather Pizza gained a lot of recognition.

Additionally, when you belittle the very position he is coming from you should probably realize you don't understand his base. The tea party is not a "genie" let out of a bottle. It has had a great effect in the past elections, and is continuing to go strong. I understand they have a lot of sheep, but it is very different from the republican party and I'm sure the establishment isn't that fond of it. So lets not change reality to what you want to perceive it as.

Now don't get me worng... I'm by no means an Obama supporter but if one were to say it's between Obama and Romney/Perry I could really care less...

Last edited:

Yep, this is where he scares me. He clearly knows Jack Shit about it. The Question is he smart enough to Appoint Advisers that do know About it, and take their Advice to heart?

It is possible we will get to see... I think Cain will just be told what to do and as long as he can say "My Generals told me" that will be good enough for him and that sucks if it ends up like that. I won’t be shocked if we end up in more wars, more costly wars or just bigger wars. But I hope I’m wrong.

Also, there are more than a few issues Cain is like this on. Hell he thinks we need a near 2k mile fence built along the southern border… How is Mr. Small Government deficit reducer going to pay to get it built then man it and maintain it for the next 100 years… It’s like he too often does not think past “people wana hear me sound tuff!”

Screw Perry is all I can say. You guys all know I am a Conservative, But Please NO perry. Dude reminds me of Bush every time he talks. I don't think he has the Brains, or the Diplomatic Skills to do the Job.

He is weak on the Border, and to Socially Conservative to bring in the Independents.

Now that Christi is defiantly not running, It's Romney, or Maybe...just Maybe Cain in my book.

Wait. You dont like Perry because he isn't conservative enough yet you'd vote for Romney, who instituted Romneycare and has never apologized for it? WTF?

Perry is not weak on the border. He is realistic on the border. And realistically as well he knows that a governor cannot immigration policy much, which is Federal. As president he would be pretty different. But Reagan was not interested in putting up a fence either.

Forum List

Back