Cain Should Take a Lie Detector Test

Who Should or Shouldn't take a lie detector?

• Both Cain and His Public Accusors should take a lie detector test

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Only Cain Should Take a Lie Detector Test

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Only Cain's Public accuosors should take a lie detector test

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • None should take a lie detector test

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
And so shouldn't his accusors, what say you guys?

My personal opinion is that they should both take a lie detector....why? Well Cain can't prove he didn't do these things he is accused of and she can't prove he did do the things he is accused of.

A lie detector can put an end to the circus real fast.

If cain is found to fail it he is done
If the woman is found to fail it he is ok.
If both fail it he is screwed.
If neither fail then cain continues to be guilty until proven innocent which is impossible to prove.

Last edited:
Not like these things are completely reliable...

I think it should be investigated... if nothing holds water, let it go... if there's smoke, follow it

Simple to me

How do they go about investigating it though? I just don't see where anyone can get evidence of the claim being made. That turns this into a media prosecution where the accused is guilty until proven innocent.

Don't get me wrong if Cain IS innocent he has handled this whole thing in such a poor way that it still hurts him but how does either side actually prove their claims of guilt or innocence?

Why is Romeny not being falsely accused with this type of crap?

Becuase he has no history of abuse guys.

The cases were breought LONG ago before anyone knew Cain would use the republican party like a cash machine.

it would be a simple solution to the problem ...or at first it would seem so...remember you can only answer yes or no....there are no shades of gray....what man hasnt said something off colored or inappropriate to a woman...and i am not sure how reliable these tests are...seems to depend mostly on the person giving and interpreting the test results...

then you have to question this....how far can you go in making a person make a statement....
why not just give these tests to everyone? is it an invasion of your body.....to be wired up like a borg (love any chance to make that statement) ...probes are attached to you....well probe might be the wrong word...but then what if the tests conflict? then what? its a slippery slope at best.

in reality you are not suppose to give 'evidence' against yourself now are you?

who would control which questions are ask? i just dont think its as simple as it sounds...

it would be simple but would it just open more doors?

It could but at this point what else could Cain do to help himself, honestly?

He already came out and denied it, what else could he do? (I take an issue with him saying he doesn't remember that blond lady either, that statement made me step back a bit)

Cain wont take it because he said he needs a good reason to do so. There isnt and will never be a "good reason" to take it to Cain.

I imagine Cain probably did it, I mean, every single one of the 5 women, the Republican pollster and the Conservative radio host cant ALL be lying.

Why is Romeny not being falsely accused with this type of crap?

Becuase he has no history of abuse guys.

The cases were breought LONG ago before anyone knew Cain would use the republican party like a cash machine.

How does this relate to my thread? Do you have an opinion on the premise of using a lie detector like I brought up in the first post?

it would be a simple solution to the problem ...or at first it would seem so...remember you can only answer yes or no....there are no shades of gray....what man hasnt said something off colored or inappropriate to a woman...and i am not sure how reliable these tests are...seems to depend mostly on the person giving and interpreting the test results...

then you have to question this....how far can you go in making a person make a statement....
why not just give these tests to everyone? is it an invasion of your body.....to be wired up like a borg (love any chance to make that statement) ...probes are attached to you....well probe might be the wrong word...but then what if the tests conflict? then what? its a slippery slope at best.

in reality you are not suppose to give 'evidence' against yourself now are you?

who would control which questions are ask? i just dont think its as simple as it sounds...

All very good points and I'm digesting them now, thank you bones!

I voted no. Lie detectors are incredibly inaccurate.

Also my understanding is Cain has a mathematics background. He won't pass it. Not because he's lying, but because part of your training in mathematics is to question and analyze everything. Mathematicians have a terrible track record with lie detectors.

Cain wont take it because he said he needs a good reason to do so. There isnt and will never be a "good reason" to take it to Cain.

I imagine Cain probably did it, I mean, every single one of the 5 women, the Republican pollster and the Conservative radio host cant ALL be lying.

Even still what do you think of the idea of having either cain, the woman, or both cain and this woman take a lie detector?

lie detectors are flawed sceince and can be fooled by a sociopath.

Your inabilty to refuse to accept the fact that Cain has an obvious problem with blonde women is not reason to resort to bullshit means of trying to shame his victims.

I voted no. Lie detectors are incredibly inaccurate.

Also my understanding is Cain has a mathematics background. He won't pass it. Not because he's lying, but because part of your training in mathematics is to question and analyze everything. Mathematicians have a terrible track record with lie detectors.

good point....i would have thought the opposite that they were be able to focus and calm themselves but i can see them going into the analytical mode and then you have the person who has no morals ..they can pass it....

i wonder how reliabe they really are...i feel a google coming on lol

Lie Detector and Polygraph Tests: Are They Reliable? | Nolo.com

from another source:

Do the tests work? Depends how you define work. Probably the most comprehensive look at polygraph accuracy is a 2003 report from the National Academy of Sciences. After examining 57 polygraph studies the NAS concluded: "In populations of examinees such as those represented in the polygraph research literature, untrained in countermeasures, specific-incident polygraph tests can discriminate lying from truth telling at rates well above chance, though well below perfection." Their analysis of the 30 most recent polygraph data sets showed an overall accuracy of 85 percent, and an analysis of seven field studies involving specific incidents showed a median accuracy of 89 percent.

The Straight Dope: How accurate are lie-detector tests?

Your inabilty to refuse to accept the fact that Cain has an obvious problem with blonde women is not reason to resort to bullshit means of trying to shame his victims.

Asswipe, when are you going to post the hard evidence?

Asswipe, when are you going to post the hard evidence?

she will N E V ER lay it out, she's a liar.

Forum List

Back