Cain 'reassessing' campaign after affair allegation

deepthunk

Justadude with a keyboard
Feb 19, 2011
Cain 'reassessing' campaign after affair allegation - CNN.com
“Cain 'reassessing' campaign after affair allegation”

I don’t know why, it’s not like Newt hasn’t had his share of scandals. It’s more likely he’s quitting because everyone found out Gingrich was smarter in the debates and his poll numbers fell off the side of the earth.:lol:

On the other hand maybe he found out his economic policy was just down right stupid and wants to hide in shame, who knows what goes on behind the curtain of political bullshit. :dunno:

I don’t know why, it’s not like Newt hasn’t had his share of scandals. It’s more likely he’s quitting because everyone found out Gingrich was smarter in the debates and his poll numbers fell off the side of the earth.:lol:

On the other hand maybe he found out his economic policy was just down right stupid and wants to hide in shame, who knows what goes on behind the curtain of political bullshit. :dunno:

It's the second reason. Newt is smarter and and has extensive experience in all matters he will come across as president.
Now, who will be his running mate?

Clinton had his share of scandals and his campaign was falling off when he appeared on Arsenio Hall.
Everyone was hailing his 9-9-9 plan, even libs.

Clinton had his share of scandals and his campaign was falling off when he appeared on Arsenio Hall.

As for Clinton’s scandals, he did have his fair share. Personally I don’t care one bit about sex scandals next to his competence to hold office. However I feel Cain's been shown to not be as competent as Gingrich in 1 on 1 debate.

I don’t care what anyone says about his economic policy, a 9% national sales tax would devastate retail at a time when consumer spending is just beginning to recover, assuming it were still recovering by the time Cain theoretically obtained office and instituted it. If Cain can’t see that simple fact then he doesn’t need to be in office because he’s not sufficiently competent on the subject of economics to provide political leadership for the global economy (regardless of what business he may have ran).

Last edited:

clinton only had one scandal during the 1992 election.... gennifer flowers......

since receiving the nomination, he never polled below 50% and bush never polled above 30% and perot around 20%.......

I have my headset on. Why can't I hear the Doctor Who theme song?

Never mind. Fixed.

Doctor Who Theme Tune 2005-2007 By Murray Gold - YouTube

:lol: well happy holidays. one of my favorite shows belive it or not :laugh2:

I hear ya!! Who was your favorite Doctor? I will go with Tennant, but man. I was sad when Christopher stepped down.

Only on an internet discussion forum will one find enough Nerds to have a discussion about doctor who, people I know just look and go “what?” when I mention it anywhere else.
Anyway I think Tennant was the best by far, I didn’t like Christopher so much and Smith is so-so, I could watch Karen Gillian on just about any show.:lol:

:lol: well happy holidays. one of my favorite shows belive it or not :laugh2:

I hear ya!! Who was your favorite Doctor? I will go with Tennant, but man. I was sad when Christopher stepped down.

Only on an internet discussion forum will one find enough Nerds to have a discussion about doctor who, people I know just look and go “what?” when I mention it anywhere else.
Anyway I think Tennant was the best by far, I didn’t like Christopher so much and Smith is so-so, I could watch Karen Gillian on just about any show.:lol:

I know they could never have a female doctor, because of the story with River and stuff but still. Yeah. I like her a lot better than Smith. He was supposed to be so 'all that', and I just didn't see it.

Do you watch Torchwood?

clinton only had one scandal during the 1992 election.... gennifer flowers......

since receiving the nomination, he never polled below 50% and bush never polled above 30% and perot around 20%.......

Oh no way, you forgot about Paula Jones, and there is no way you could have forgotten Monica Lewinsky. Don’t you remember the Ken Star probe and the infamous blue dress? Jeez where were you in the 90’s:afro:

I know they could never have a female doctor, because of the story with River and stuff but still. Yeah. I like her a lot better than Smith. He was supposed to be so 'all that', and I just didn't see it.

Do you watch Torchwood?

I did see an episode or two, I caught a few of that Sarah Jane-smith show too, but I didn’t think either was as good. And really I think one out of three episodes are ok at best, but once in a while they turn out a really good one.

Oh no way, you forgot about Paula Jones, and there is no way you could have forgotten Monica Lewinsky. Don’t you remember the Ken Star probe and the infamous blue dress? Jeez where were you in the 90’s:afro:

He specified "During the 1992 election."

Do you watch Torchwood?

did you know torchwood was an anagram for doctor who that they filmed under to keep the production of doctor who a secret?

they could never have a female doctor because timelords only regenerate as the same sex......

tom baker will always be the best doctor......

i had.. well, still have... 101 of the 120 original series on vhs, but dont have a vhs player anymore.......

i was watching doctor who ever since the 80's when they used to show them on sunday nights on pbs.......

i liked all the new doctors pretty equally, they all bring their own style to the role.....

Do you watch Torchwood?

I did see an episode or two, I caught a few of that Sarah Jane-smith show too, but I didn’t think either was as good. And really I think one out of three episodes are ok at best, but once in a while they turn out a really good one.

Torchwood you just about have to start at the beginning and watch straight through. I still have to see the season that just aired.

Do you watch Torchwood?

did you know torchwood was an anagram for doctor who that they filmed under to keep the production of doctor who a secret?

they could never have a female doctor because timelords only regenerate as the same sex......

i had.. well, still have... 101 of the 120 original series on vhs, but dont have a vhs player anymore.......

i was watching doctor who ever since the 80's when they used to show them on sunday nights on pbs.......

i liked all the new doctors pretty equally, they all bring their own style to the role.....

YAY! Another fan.

Yup, I knew the Torchwood anagram bit. Did YOU know there are places that will transfer your videos to DVD? Now, I'm unsure if they will do so for copyright materials.

He specified "During the 1992 election."

yes, i was comparing cains primary scandals to clintons during his primary.......

and at the time, both clinton and flowers denied the affair, which is nothing like cains current issues.....

Dang I was really hoping that Rick Perry guy would respond to that post because I already know what the official response is and I had a response to it all typed up and ready to go. Since he’s not, I guess I’ll just go ahead and play devil’s advocate so I can respond.

The Devil: “But lowering the corporate tax rate to 9% will more than make up for the sales tax hike by putting more money in company’s pockets than whats lost from decreased consumer spending.”

Nay I say.

The problem with that is that two thirds of corporations already pay nothing in taxes by moving their earnings overseas to tax havens like the Cayman Islands and falsely claiming no income domestically, then they not only pay no taxes they get “tax benefits” in the range of billions. Therefore cutting the corporate tax rate will not offset the effect of the sales tax because those companies already pay nothing.

Last edited:

Do you watch Torchwood?

YAY! Another fan.

Yup, I knew the Torchwood anagram bit. Did YOU know there are places that will transfer your videos to DVD? Now, I'm unsure if they will do so for copyright materials.

yeah, you can even buy vhs players that hook to your computer to convert them to digital..... but it wouldnt be the same since there woudl be no subtitles or bonus features or theother things that go along with dvd's....

i have 20 or so dr who dvds and will slowly build my collection back up......

Forum List

Back