Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence

Pravda- NY Times Division ^ | 10/15/11 | Wyatt
Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence - NYTimes.com

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said Saturday that part of his immigration policy would be to build an electrified fence on the country’s border with Mexico that could kill people trying to enter the country illegally...

Mr. Cain added that he also would consider using military troops “with real guns and real bullets” on the border to stop illegal immigration.

The remarks were among the most pointed yet by Mr. Cain about illegal immigration, and they come as he is enjoying a surge in national political polls on the back of his victory in a recent Florida straw poll..

It is not the first time that Mr. Cain has floated the idea of an electrified fence. He has told the story many times of a caller to his former radio show who chastised him for talking about building a border fence, saying that such an idea was impractical.

“It’s going to be 20 feet high. It’s going to have barbed wire on the top. It’s going to be electrified. And there’s going to be a sign on the other side saying, ‘It will kill you — Warning.’” At an earlier rally, on the campus of Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, Tenn., he added that the sign would be written “in English and in Spanish.”

“This nation has always been a nation with wide open doors,” Mr. Cain said at the second rally. “We want to make it easy for people to come through the front door. And we’re going to shut off the back door so you don’t have to sneak into America.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com ...

Goddamnit, Cain just earned my respect and general election vote. Yes, if he keeps this up than I may even send some money in the general. Wow!!! I hope the fence has 100,000 volts too. Put signs every few feet warning of course, but this is a really good idea. Fuck you illegals.:evil:

I don't like his 999, but this is good stuff. I like his immigration policies.

Why is it so shocking to Liberals to consider the Idea that we might actually defend our Borders with Force.

I dare you to attempt to cross into Mexico from the South, and see how that goes for you. Talk about a Fence, and Military on the border. It's Like the DMZ in Korea on Mexico's Southern border.

hey, jarhead... want to say again cain didn't say the fence would kill people?

The GOP candidate joined the apparent movement in the GOP to make sure lots of Hispanic voters are always suspicious of it by detailing to two Tennessee crowds a proposed border fence. "It's going to be 20 feet high," Cain said. "It's going to have barbed wire on the top. It's going to be electrified. And there's going to be a sign on the other side saying, 'It will kill you -- Warning.'" The crowd cheered, joining the apparent movement of partisan GOP crowds enthusiastic about state sanctioned killing.

The next day, on "Meet the Press," Cain insisted he wasn't serious.

"That's a joke," he said. "That's not a serious plan. I've also said America needs to get a sense of humor."

Herman Cain's Terrible Joke About Electrocuting Illegal Immigrants - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

defend that!

and yes, most electric fences wouldn't kill, CG, but his would.

Apparently, he's smart enough to know that electric fences are not designed to 'kill' anyone. But please don't let facts get in the way of ranting bullshit.

He should be smart enough to know that. But he said he wanted an electric fence to be able to kill people. But it was a joke--he doesn't want an electric fence. Why are we arguing over this?

The GOP candidate joined the apparent movement in the GOP to make sure lots of Hispanic voters are always suspicious of it by detailing to two Tennessee crowds a proposed border fence. "It's going to be 20 feet high," Cain said. "It's going to have barbed wire on the top. It's going to be electrified. And there's going to be a sign on the other side saying, 'It will kill you -- Warning.'" The crowd cheered, joining the apparent movement of partisan GOP crowds enthusiastic about state sanctioned killing.

"That's a joke," he said. "That's not a serious plan. I've also said America needs to get a sense of humor."

Herman Cain's Terrible Joke About Electrocuting Illegal Immigrants - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

defend that!

Hey Jillian...

Get a sense of humor...

And yes, electric fences dont kill but if you read your posts earlier in the thread YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT....and you impolied that Cain was an idiot for not knowing that electric fences DO kill people.

Pathetic.

Apparently, he's smart enough to know that electric fences are not designed to 'kill' anyone. But please don't let facts get in the way of ranting bullshit.

He should be smart enough to know that. But he said he wanted an electric fence to be able to kill people. But it was a joke--he doesn't want an electric fence. Why are we arguing over this?

:lol:

Why?

There are posters actually advocating for something that Cain called a "joke".

That, my good man is a "dog whistle".

And a great example of it.

hillary is far left?
giuliani?
bloomberg?
pataki?

let me know when to stop so i don't wreck your stereotypes too much.

i just hate stupidity. and this guy's pathetic.

I have not seen you say anything but disparaging remarks about anyone with and R next to their name.

So you can spew all the names you want...you are one that obviously is insecure with yourself as you continually call those that think differently than you names.

And to be frank, I have had enough of it.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

you're not looking. i don't say anything but disparaging things about WINGNUTS. not normal r's. but the party has been taken over by loons. that's not my fault.

and it was cain who said HIS electric fence would have a voltage high enough to kill. not me.

then he said it was a "joke".

its defending this guy that you should be ashamed of.

and, in case you had bother reading, you'd have seen me say i'd have voted for mccain in 2000... until he went all wingnut for the base in 2008. so i certainly wasn't going to vote for him over a D.

let me know when R's on the federal level, get their grubby little paws off of the issue of reproductive choice and stupidity like destroying medicare and social security and we'll talk.

outright lie.

You call anyone that doesnt think as you do A WINGNUT.....

You referred to Cain as braindead. It was at thjat moment that I realized that you really are insecure with who you are.

Afterall, you can disagree with Cain all you want......you can say that his policies wont work...fine....(as if YOU know better).....you can say he is too conservative for your liking....fine....he likely is......you can say he is too black for your liking.....
I really dont care.

But to say a man with his education and his success over his career is "braindead"?

That is childish unsubstantiated slander and absolutely shows insecurity on your part.

And as I have said.....I have had enough with your immature posting style.....you actually disgust me. No joke.

:lol:

Why?

There are posters actually advocating for something that Cain called a "joke".

That, my good man is a "dog whistle".

And a great example of it.

Ah, true. I guess we could have this idiotic "electric fence" discussion, but it really doesn't matter what Cain said since he's completely backed away from it. (He says it was a joke; I think it was just poorly thought out red meat for conservative dogs).

What do you mean by "dog whistle"?

WTF???? There is a war going on just across our border and he backs away from the fence and troops. I don't even know what the fuck to say. Our immigration policies are suicide to any first world nation.

You'll have to be a idiot not to want troops on our borders or to at least enforce the law. WTF has Bush and Obama have been doing...O'yes allowing free flow of the third world into our nation.

WTF!!!

I have not seen you say anything but disparaging remarks about anyone with and R next to their name.

So you can spew all the names you want...you are one that obviously is insecure with yourself as you continually call those that think differently than you names.

And to be frank, I have had enough of it.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

you're not looking. i don't say anything but disparaging things about WINGNUTS. not normal r's. but the party has been taken over by loons. that's not my fault.

and it was cain who said HIS electric fence would have a voltage high enough to kill. not me.

and, in case you had bother reading, you'd have seen me say i'd have voted for mccain in 2000... until he went all wingnut for the base in 2008. so i certainly wasn't going to vote for him over a D.

let me know when R's on the federal level, get their grubby little paws off of the issue of reproductive choice and stupidity like destroying medicare and social security and we'll talk.

outright lie.

You referred to Cain as braindead. It was at thjat moment that I realized that you really are insecure with who you are.

Afterall, you can disagree with Cain all you want......you can say that his policies wont work...fine....(as if YOU know better).....you can say he is too conservative for your liking....fine....he likely is......you can say he is too black for your liking.....
I really dont care.

But to say a man with his education and his success over his career is "braindead"?

That is childish unsubstantiated slander and absolutely shows insecurity on your part.

And as I have said.....I have had enough with your immature posting style.....you actually disgust me. No joke.

POSTING STYLE? lol what a goober!

Jillian treats loons like loons and they hate her for it. I say job well done!

I'm sure she gives a crap what YOU think! :gives:

"It's going to be 20 feet high," Cain said. "It's going to have barbed wire on the top. It's going to be electrified. And there's going to be a sign on the other side saying, 'It will kill you -- Warning.'" The crowd cheered, joining the apparent movement of partisan GOP crowds enthusiastic about state sanctioned killing.

Meet the Press was concerned enough to ask him to clarify, then he claimed to be joking...

Last edited:

defend that!

Hey Jillian...

Get a sense of humor...

And yes, electric fences dont kill but if you read your posts earlier in the thread YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT....and you impolied that Cain was an idiot for not knowing that electric fences DO kill people.

Pathetic.

you go into meltdown and *I* should get a sense of humor?

:rofl:

Mexican women are hot!

mexican_women33.jpg

mexican-women.jpg

mexican_women_2.jpg

dating-a-mexican-woman.jpg

5518785-mexican-woman-smiling.jpg

defend that!

Hey Jillian...

Get a sense of humor...

Pathetic.

meltdown?
Really.

Funny...I telll you like it is and you dont like it so now you must accuse me of having a meltdown.

Advice....take a look at your posts. You are rude and ciritical of anyone who doesnt think as you do. It iswell.....in my opinion, not the way one should debate.

But I had a meltdown because you called a man who has an excellent educational background; rose through the ranks in business; has proven to be eloquent and intelligent when he speaks....braindead?

And my saying you can not substantiate it and it is an example of your lack of security in yourself is deemed as ME having a meltodwn?

I guess you just cant help yourself.

Whatever works for you Jillian. As I said...you disgust me.....and its sad...becuase as you know, I have shown you nothing but respect on this site...as I do many that dont think like I do....but when they start to resort to calling people braindead who are far from that...but called that becuae you disagree with them?

Well...thats when I lose all respect for you.

Just as I dont communicate with those that call Obama a Marxist and a Kenyan.

What dimension have we passed into where this guy is a serious candidate for the GOP nomination?

pretty much what I said when Obama wsa nominated over Hillary despite no experience as a leader be it in politics or the private secotr, questionable relationships and coming right out and saying "whats wrong with spreading the wealth"...

What dimension have we passed into where this guy is a serious candidate for the GOP nomination?

pretty much what I said when Obama wsa nominated over Hillary despite no experience as a leader be it in politics or the private secotr, questionable relationships and coming right out and saying "whats wrong with spreading the wealth"...

Have you considered changing your screen name to "B-but Obama"?

Hey Jillian...

Get a sense of humor...

Pathetic.

meltdown?
Really.

Funny...I telll you like it is and you dont like it so now you must accuse me of having a meltdown.

Advice....take a look at your posts. You are rude and ciritical of anyone who doesnt think as you do. It iswell.....in my opinion, not the way one should debate.

But I had a meltdown because you called a man who has an excellent educational background; rose through the ranks in business; has proven to be eloquent and intelligent when he speaks....braindead?

And my saying you can not substantiate it and it is an example of your lack of security in yourself is deemed as ME having a meltodwn?

I guess you just cant help yourself.

Whatever works for you Jillian. As I said...you disgust me.....and its sad...becuase as you know, I have shown you nothing but respect on this site...as I do many that dont think like I do....but when they start to resort to calling people braindead who are far from that...but called that becuae you disagree with them?

Well...thats when I lose all respect for you.

Just as I dont communicate with those that call Obama a Marxist and a Kenyan.

:blahblah: What a cry baby!

BTW the 9-9-9 plan is peachy plan for the brain dead! :lol:

Pravda- NY Times Division ^ | 10/15/11 | Wyatt
Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence - NYTimes.com

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said Saturday that part of his immigration policy would be to build an electrified fence on the country’s border with Mexico that could kill people trying to enter the country illegally...

Mr. Cain added that he also would consider using military troops “with real guns and real bullets” on the border to stop illegal immigration.

The remarks were among the most pointed yet by Mr. Cain about illegal immigration, and they come as he is enjoying a surge in national political polls on the back of his victory in a recent Florida straw poll..

It is not the first time that Mr. Cain has floated the idea of an electrified fence. He has told the story many times of a caller to his former radio show who chastised him for talking about building a border fence, saying that such an idea was impractical.

“It’s going to be 20 feet high. It’s going to have barbed wire on the top. It’s going to be electrified. And there’s going to be a sign on the other side saying, ‘It will kill you — Warning.’” At an earlier rally, on the campus of Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, Tenn., he added that the sign would be written “in English and in Spanish.”

“This nation has always been a nation with wide open doors,” Mr. Cain said at the second rally. “We want to make it easy for people to come through the front door. And we’re going to shut off the back door so you don’t have to sneak into America.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com ...

Goddamnit, Cain just earned my respect and general election vote. Yes, if he keeps this up than I may even send some money in the general. Wow!!! I hope the fence has 100,000 volts too. Put signs every few feet warning of course, but this is a really good idea. Fuck you illegals.:evil:

I don't like his 999, but this is good stuff. I like his immigration policies.
One question...

What's the proposed cost?

outright lie.

I really dont care.

POSTING STYLE? lol what a goober!

Jillian treats loons like loons and they hate her for it. I say job well done!

I'm sure she gives a crap what YOU think! :gives:

"It's going to be 20 feet high," Cain said. "It's going to have barbed wire on the top. It's going to be electrified. And there's going to be a sign on the other side saying, 'It will kill you -- Warning.'" The crowd cheered, joining the apparent movement of partisan GOP crowds enthusiastic about state sanctioned killing.

Meet the Press was concerned enough to ask him to clarify, then he claimed to be joking...

I'd help build the fucking thing..

Illegals are shit scum that steal jobs..

I see the effects of illegal immigration every fucking day...

Then progressives have the audacity to complain about outsourcing but defend illegal immigration???

The stupidity on the left is mind-boggling..

Forum List

Back