Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence

The entire idea is unconstitutional. Not to mention that killing people for a misdemeanor is just so wrong.

He's a piece of shit, imo.

Nothing but a fear mongerer. Telling that he has the support of the fearful.

Now Cain is killing people?

And the constitution is being brought into this "fiasco."

I cant say I support 999 but I have no idea how it violates the constitution being a libertarian...

Quite frankly I believe all federal taxation is illegal but I'm intelligent and have a reason and evidence to support my facts...

Electrocuting people means killing them. Killing them without due process is unconstitutional as we are not in a war with Mexican immigrants.

Now I see he is pretending he was joking. What a weasel.
Yes, he joked as much as Obama joked about "killing Mexicans" on the border.

Obama's line about alligators on the border draws fire

We do need a guest worker program in this country though. Canada has a good one and we should copy it.

Agreed. Let the market decide how many Mexicans should be coming into this country for work.

We also need to overhaul the entire immigration process. We need to cut the red tape. We need to redistribute family-based quotas based on demand, not on geography (it's currently set up so people from small countries have much shorter waiting times). Finally, I don't even see why there should be a quota for the highly educated--the engineeers, scientists, etc.

Cain’s inane signs should also be in Portuguese, French, and Creole, not to mention the fact many immigrants are illiterate.

Cain’s so ignorant he doesn’t even know Congress would never approve such a fiasco, and none of his DOJ staff would sign-off on this insanity, unless they’re as ignorant and incompetent as Cain.

The entire idea is unconstitutional. Not to mention that killing people for a misdemeanor is just so wrong.

In what way is he advocating 'killing people'?

Electric fencing doesn't 'kill' anyone. If you want to argue against the fence on merit, fine but stay on the side of rational argument instead of the hysterical bullshit of the OP.

I cant say I support 999 but I have no idea how it violates the constitution being a libertarian...

Quite frankly I believe all federal taxation is illegal but I'm intelligent and have a reason and evidence to support my facts...

Electrocuting people means killing them. Killing them without due process is unconstitutional as we are not in a war with Mexican immigrants.

question....

You want to enter a building. There is a big sign that says "do not open this door or fire alarm will go off"
Alongside that sign there is another sign..."please enter building through the door located to the left.
Would you open the one that says "do not open"?

And if you did...was it the buildings fault that you set off the alarm....or yours?

“It’s going to be 20 feet high. It’s going to have barbed wire on the top. It’s going to be electrified. And there’s going to be a sign on the other side saying, ‘It will kill you — Warning.’” At an earlier rally, on the campus of Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, Tenn., he added that the sign would be written “in English and in Spanish.”

True idiocy.

Telling the hate and ignorance of those in support of such a moronic idea.

I guess allowing millions to come into the country at will and hopping on the government dole without paying anything into it at a time when we cannot even afford to take care of our very own is less moronic to you?

Cain’s inane signs should also be in Portuguese, French, and Creole, not to mention the fact many immigrants are illiterate.

Cain’s so ignorant he doesn’t even know Congress would never approve such a fiasco, and none of his DOJ staff would sign-off on this insanity, unless they’re as ignorant and incompetent as Cain.

The more I learn about Cain, the more I understand how much of an idiot this guy really is. His regressive 9-9-9 tax plan is a joke, and now this. Let's just set the Army up along the border. Shoot to kill anyone who crosses. In fact, shoot them before they cross. We can call it a preemptive action.

The 9-9-9 plan would effectively get rid of the IRS, that in itself is enough to get me on board with it. IRS is nothing but another huge government bureaucracy that needs to go away anyways.

I am not sure yet that I'm ready to vote for Cain. But I am incredibly more likely after hearing this. It's about time we had someone in the picture who was willing to do some hard hitting on the immigration issue.

As stated before, congress would never go along with it, but the fact that he is the only one talking about control of our borders is enough for me to respect him even more, noone else is talking about it at all.

And how the fuck is this a bad thing? The purpose of our military is to defend our country. We have so much of our military power over seas doing little to nothing to actually protect our country. What is wrong with putting that military power along our borders where it can directly defend our country? Also, what is wrong with our military using whatever means necessary to halt a foreign invader?

Exactly, I have been saying this for years, we need to bring our troops home and deploy them to our southern border in 3 month rotations.

That is why he proposes we use troops with real bullets. When they try that than our troops can shot the mexican(s). :eusa_whistle:

Why does he want to murder Mexicans across international borders, committing a crime in two sovereign jurisdictions? Sorry but I don't want our soldiers doing that, they didn't sign up to be murderers - killers maybe - but not murderers.

As I have it so far, the Cain platform rests on

A) Violating the U.S. Constitution by imposing a national sales tax
B) Violating the U.S. Constitution and international law by murdered Mexicans across the border.

I think you took someone elses idea and started running with it, nobody said Cain wanted to kill anyone, that is what another poster had stated, let's not confuse the two for political purposes.

That is why he proposes we use troops with real bullets. When they try that than our troops can shot the mexican(s). :eusa_whistle:

Why does he want to murder Mexicans across international borders, committing a crime in two sovereign jurisdictions? Sorry but I don't want our soldiers doing that, they didn't sign up to be murderers - killers maybe - but not murderers.

As I have it so far, the Cain platform rests on

A) Violating the U.S. Constitution by imposing a national sales tax

Where in the constitution is it unconstitutional to implement a national fair tax?
B) Violating the U.S. Constitution and international law by murdered Mexicans across the border.
Noone has been murdered or is calling for murder.

It's comical that you find a fair tax to be unconstitutional, but not the individual mandate in the new healthcare bill "WHICH REALLY IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL".

Using a electric fence is not electrocuting them. If they heed the signs then they won't get electrocuted. You are also assuming that the voltage would be strong enough to kill them.
Nothing was said about what the voltage would be.
We are at war with the drug cartel and they are coming across the boarder and they need to be stooped.
I like Cain's actual plan though;
"That's not a serious plan," Cain told host David Gregory, "that's a joke. I've also said America needs to get a sense of humor. That was a joke, OK?"

The former CEO of Godfather's Pizza said he would "secure the border" with a host of measures, including troops.

"It'd be a combination of a physical fence, technology, and, in some terrible areas, we might have to put troops there. We must secure the border," he said on NBC.

"Secondly, we must promote the path to citizenship that's already there. We need to clean up the bureaucracy, Third, enforce the laws that are already there," he added.

"The way you do that is, is number four, which is a bold idea. Empower the states to do what the federal government can't do and won't do as far as dealing with the illegals that are in the United States today," Cain said.

I would approve this idea, as well as packs of rabid foaming at the mouth attack dogs on the other side if someone does in fact get over the fence.

Forum List

Back