Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence

I am not sure yet that I'm ready to vote for Cain. But I am incredibly more likely after hearing this. It's about time we had someone in the picture who was willing to do some hard hitting on the immigration issue.

Pravda- NY Times Division ^ | 10/15/11 | Wyatt
Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence - NYTimes.com

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said Saturday that part of his immigration policy would be to build an electrified fence on the country’s border with Mexico that could kill people trying to enter the country illegally...

Mr. Cain added that he also would consider using military troops “with real guns and real bullets” on the border to stop illegal immigration.

The remarks were among the most pointed yet by Mr. Cain about illegal immigration, and they come as he is enjoying a surge in national political polls on the back of his victory in a recent Florida straw poll..

It is not the first time that Mr. Cain has floated the idea of an electrified fence. He has told the story many times of a caller to his former radio show who chastised him for talking about building a border fence, saying that such an idea was impractical.

“It’s going to be 20 feet high. It’s going to have barbed wire on the top. It’s going to be electrified. And there’s going to be a sign on the other side saying, ‘It will kill you — Warning.’” At an earlier rally, on the campus of Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, Tenn., he added that the sign would be written “in English and in Spanish.”

“This nation has always been a nation with wide open doors,” Mr. Cain said at the second rally. “We want to make it easy for people to come through the front door. And we’re going to shut off the back door so you don’t have to sneak into America.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com ...

Goddamnit, Cain just earned my respect and general election vote. Yes, if he keeps this up than I may even send some money in the general. Wow!!! I hope the fence has 100,000 volts too. Put signs every few feet warning of course, but this is a really good idea. Fuck you illegals.:evil:

I don't like his 999, but this is good stuff. I like his immigration policies.

An electrified border fence? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. All that will happen is the Mexicans will figure out how to hook up to the power source electrifying the fence, and on both sides of the border they'll be cooking up tacos on electric grills powered by the U.S. taxpayer.

Great Cain. A National Sales tax for Americans and a free power source for Mexicans on the border.

BRILLIANT plan.

Last edited:
Actually, Mexicans could tap into it as a source of power on their side of the border. Brilliant. I wonder who pays the electric bill?

The more I learn about Cain, the more I understand how much of an idiot this guy really is.

Why does it make someone an idiot to support securing our borders?

His regressive 9-9-9 tax plan is a joke

I'm not really sold on his tax plan. But I wouldn't call it a joke. Certainly out of the box, but I think that at the very least it's a good starting point to develop a new system.

Let's just set the Army up along the border. Shoot to kill anyone who crosses.

And how the fuck is this a bad thing? The purpose of our military is to defend our country. We have so much of our military power over seas doing little to nothing to actually protect our country. What is wrong with putting that military power along our borders where it can directly defend our country? Also, what is wrong with our military using whatever means necessary to halt a foreign invader?

In fact, shoot them before they cross. We can call it a preemptive action.

That kind of slippery slope argument is about as good as saying that gay marriage will lead to beastiality. Both are nonsense.

Pravda- NY Times Division ^ | 10/15/11 | Wyatt
Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence - NYTimes.com

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said Saturday that part of his immigration policy would be to build an electrified fence on the country’s border with Mexico that could kill people trying to enter the country illegally...

Mr. Cain added that he also would consider using military troops “with real guns and real bullets” on the border to stop illegal immigration.

The remarks were among the most pointed yet by Mr. Cain about illegal immigration, and they come as he is enjoying a surge in national political polls on the back of his victory in a recent Florida straw poll..

It is not the first time that Mr. Cain has floated the idea of an electrified fence. He has told the story many times of a caller to his former radio show who chastised him for talking about building a border fence, saying that such an idea was impractical.

“It’s going to be 20 feet high. It’s going to have barbed wire on the top. It’s going to be electrified. And there’s going to be a sign on the other side saying, ‘It will kill you — Warning.’” At an earlier rally, on the campus of Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, Tenn., he added that the sign would be written “in English and in Spanish.”

“This nation has always been a nation with wide open doors,” Mr. Cain said at the second rally. “We want to make it easy for people to come through the front door. And we’re going to shut off the back door so you don’t have to sneak into America.”

(Excerpt) Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com ...

Goddamnit, Cain just earned my respect and general election vote. Yes, if he keeps this up than I may even send some money in the general. Wow!!! I hope the fence has 100,000 volts too. Put signs every few feet warning of course, but this is a really good idea. Fuck you illegals.:evil:

An electrified border fence? That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. All that will happen is the Mexicans will figure out how to hook up to the power source electrifying the fence, and on both sides of the border they'll be cooking up tacos on electric grills powered by the U.S. taxpayer.

Great Cain. A National Sales tax for Americans and a free power source for Mexicans on the border.

BRILLIANT plan.

That's why he proposes that we use our troops with real bullets at our border. When they try that our troops can shot the mexican(s). :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
That is why he proposes we use troops with real bullets. When they try that than our troops can shot the mexican(s). :eusa_whistle:

Why does he want to murder Mexicans across international borders, committing a crime in two sovereign jurisdictions? Sorry but I don't want our soldiers doing that, they didn't sign up to be murderers - killers maybe - but not murderers.

As I have it so far, the Cain platform rests on

A) Violating the U.S. Constitution by imposing a national sales tax
B) Violating the U.S. Constitution and international law by murdered Mexicans across the border.

Last edited:
That is why he proposes we use troops with real bullets. When they try that than our troops can shot the mexican(s). :eusa_whistle:

Why does he want to murder Mexicans across international borders, committing a crime in two sovereign jurisdictions? Sorry but I don't want our soldiers doing that, they didn't sign up to be murderers.

Because he knows they've been brainwashed to vote Democrat.

What an idiotic idea. Cain is pandering to the anti immigration right. That won't be very popular, especially among important Hispanic voters.
Where does he propose to get the electricity? Most of the border is miles from any civilization. That is part of the problem.
Geez, don't people think about this stuff first??

What an idiotic idea. Cain is pandering to the anti immigration right. That won't be very popular, especially among important Hispanic voters.
Where does he propose to get the electricity? Most of the border is miles from any civilization. That is part of the problem.
Geez, don't people think about this stuff first??

High Voltage DC transmission lines - paid for with his 999

I always wonder why people in the immigration debate not only want to stop the illegals, but they'd be down with hurting them, too. I always find that a little disturbing.

There's a much simpler way to stop illegal immigration. Instead of trying to stomp on all the ants, you clean up the sugar.

As long as there are jerkwads in this country who hire illegals because they don't want to pay a fair wage to an American, we are going to have illegals trying to find their way in. And we can build an electrified fence with guard posts every five feet and be unable to stop that.

The smart policy would be to simply go after the employers. If you are caught hiring an illegal, you pay a huge fine and are subject to inspections. And if you are caught doing it too many time, we take everything you own.

I always wonder why people in the immigration debate not only want to stop the illegals, but they'd be down with hurting them, too. I always find that a little disturbing.

There's a much simpler way to stop illegal immigration. Instead of trying to stomp on all the ants, you clean up the sugar.

As long as there are jerkwads in this country who hire illegals because they don't want to pay a fair wage to an American, we are going to have illegals trying to find their way in. And we can build an electrified fence with guard posts every five feet and be unable to stop that.

The smart policy would be to simply go after the employers. If you are caught hiring an illegal, you pay a huge fine and are subject to inspections. And if you are caught doing it too many time, we take everything you own.

First off, we already have sanctions against employers. They dont work, for a variety of reasons.
Second, don't we say companies already have enough red tape to deal with? Why do we want to turn companies into policemen for the state?
Third, here's an even better idea: How about free movement of labor and capital? You know, a CONSERVATIVE idea. Issue temporary work visas with biometric data imprinted in it and allow people to work wherever they want and can find jobs.
NO shootings, no fences,no turning this country into North Korea. Just good competitive business that will benefit this country.

First off, we already have sanctions against employers. They dont work, for a variety of reasons.
Second, don't we say companies already have enough red tape to deal with? Why do we want to turn companies into policemen for the state?
Third, here's an even better idea: How about free movement of labor and capital? You know, a CONSERVATIVE idea. Issue temporary work visas with biometric data imprinted in it and allow people to work wherever they want and can find jobs.
NO shootings, no fences,no turning this country into North Korea. Just good competitive business that will benefit this country.

They don't work because they aren't enforced.

Yeah, I think we've seen enough "conservative" ideas on that point. I'm going out today to replace my POS monitor for my computer that some "free movement of capital" had made in a third world craphole...

I lived in a town that had a real prostutitution problem. They'd bust the hookers and they'd be back out on the street the next night. Then they got the brilliant ideas to go after the real perpertrators, the Johns. Printed their pictures and names in the local newspapers. After that, this town stopped being a place to pick up hookers.

Same thing with illegal immigration. Go after the employers. They know they are hiring illegals when they hire them.

Yeah, I think we've seen enough "conservative" ideas on that point. I'm going out today to replace my POS monitor for my computer that some "free movement of capital" had made in a third world craphole...

I lived in a town that had a real prostutitution problem. They'd bust the hookers and they'd be back out on the street the next night. Then they got the brilliant ideas to go after the real perpertrators, the Johns. Printed their pictures and names in the local newspapers. After that, this town stopped being a place to pick up hookers.

Same thing with illegal immigration. Go after the employers. They know they are hiring illegals when they hire them.

You really think those laws aren't enforced?
MCSO raids Phoenix hotel in search of illegal workers | azfamily.com Phoenix
Illegal Workers Swept From Jobs in
Illegal Worker Raid At Fairfield Business Nets 160 - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati

Are you honestly comparing prostitution to immigration? Really?
Don't like free movement of labor and capital? Guess what, you're not a conservative. Now go get your Democrat Party hat and march on.

You really think those laws aren't enforced?
MCSO raids Phoenix hotel in search of illegal workers | azfamily.com Phoenix
Illegal Workers Swept From Jobs in
Illegal Worker Raid At Fairfield Business Nets 160 - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati

Are you honestly comparing prostitution to immigration? Really?
Don't like free movement of labor and capital? Guess what, you're not a conservative. Now go get your Democrat Party hat and march on.

No, the immigration laws are not consistently enforced and you know it. Heavy fines for the employers would take care of the problem and the funds netted from the Fine The Employers Who Hire illegals Program would go to ICE and more Border Patrol.

A $10,000 fine for every illegal hired. That will cover the cost flying the illegal and all illegal family members to the most southern point of Mexico.

Why does he want to murder Mexicans across international borders, committing a crime in two sovereign jurisdictions?

Could you possibly be more dishonest? Nobody is saying anything about committing murder across international borders. We're talking about securing our borders from foreign invaders. Besides, I'm sure the chance of any fatal incidents will be quite low. The fence will keep people out for the most part. The troops would just be a backup. And once an illegal immigrant sees 10 US soldiers rushing to surround him, M-16s aimed at him, that will be enough to stop anyone in their tracks without a shot being fired.

As I have it so far, the Cain platform rests on

A) Violating the U.S. Constitution by imposing a national sales tax

How is that a violation of the constitution? Nothing in the constitution prohibits a sales tax.

B) Violating the U.S. Constitution and international law by murdered Mexicans across the border.

That's not true and you know it. You're just trying to spread propaganda to discredit the man.

Forum List

Back