Cain lost a lot of my respect tonight

I saw him before the debate CLEARLY say he could see himself releasing all the terrorists in gitmo for one US soldier. Then during the debate he waffled and it didn't go over well. Then in the post debate he claimed he misspoke.

I'm sorry but that's not the kind of conviction I'm looking for nor is it a sane position. We have a man that double speaks now and I'm sad to say I'm quite sure he wouldn't trade hundreds of terrorists for one soldier. Truth in honesty.

It makes me mad because Cain seemed like he could pull something together but after tonight I just don't trust his judgement. Hell I trust the rhino that is Romney more now and that's saying something. I still like the root of his 9-9-9 plan but that's not gonna buy my vote.

I hate his 9-9-9 plan; it's an absolute joke that would force the lowest income earners to pay the highest tax rates while the wealthy paid the least. It is completely regressive and would be one big debacle if ever put into place. And then his attitude toward those who are unemployed is truly disgusting. While it may be true that some people can only blame themselves, that is not true for everyone who finds themselves on the unemployment line. This guy is a low life. As with many conservatives who are seeking office, they stoop to the lowest level possible to attract the support of a select few who support their idiocy. And this is why none of them can pick up more than low double digit support.

I saw him before the debate CLEARLY say he could see himself releasing all the terrorists in gitmo for one US soldier. Then during the debate he waffled and it didn't go over well. Then in the post debate he claimed he misspoke.

I'm sorry but that's not the kind of conviction I'm looking for nor is it a sane position. We have a man that double speaks now and I'm sad to say I'm quite sure he wouldn't trade hundreds of terrorists for one soldier. Truth in honesty.

It makes me mad because Cain seemed like he could pull something together but after tonight I just don't trust his judgement. Hell I trust the rhino that is Romney more now and that's saying something. I still like the root of his 9-9-9 plan but that's not gonna buy my vote.

This is what he said to Blitzer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBarE--GU98"]Cain: "I Could See Myself" Freeing All Gitmo Prisoners For 1 American - YouTube[/ame]

During the debate he said he did not remember Cooper mentioning terrorists. Not the best answer, but I do believe he misspoke, and that he is now admitting it. I would rather that he admit it than he try to pretend we are all misunderstanding what he said, which is what we get from the current occupant of the Oval Office.

Last edited:
My thought about Cain is that his appeal has been that he is not a politician. He doesn't focus group his speeches after a team of speechwriters go over every word with a thesaurus. People like that when they deal with politicians who seem like packaged products and weird robots.

But at the end of the day, I think we are going to need a real politician because this is a political game.

So that leaves us with a real conservative (Perry) and a fake RINO (Romney).

This is a very objective and honest post. After reading about the debate, I felt the exact same way. I was a supporter of Cain, too. He was refreshing but now I see as dangerous in foreign affairs and diplomacy.

I have said all along, he is not a professional. I like a lot of what he says but that isn't the same as being able to deliver on any of it. He is almost the GOP's Obama, just with a decent resume.

Meanwhile Perry couldn't articulately order a corned beef sandwich and would probably slug the waitress for getting the order wrong. Not ready for prime time---either one.

The new 9-9-9....

Nine Positions
Nine Retractions
Every Nine Minutes.

Forum List

Back