Cain just laid out in great detail the circumstances around the supposed SH charges

If only Cain had ANY policy that he gave this much attention and detail too he might be considered a serious person running for President...

I’ll bet all Cain is thinking is how this could hurt future book sales.

I'm not on the, but I can say that, the fact that he has had a very long distinguished career in business, where he had 2 cases damaging allegations where bought against him, that could have affected his marriage and career. It seems to me very odd that he doesn't remember more details about the accusations. He also had some inconsistencies I his statements. I'm not saying he's guilty, but I don't think this is going away, and I think I'll reserve judgment.

Could it be that he has trouble remembering all the details because its complete fabricated bullshit?

Extortion for money because of his stature and influence?

I have no idea what happened back then, but I feel extremely confident that the answer to your first question is "no". I haven't seen this full interview, but in response to several specific questions about the incident Cain has said he doesn't recall. Barring some sort of major mental deficiency, he would be able to definitively deny the incidents if they were completely fabricated.

As to the possibility of extortion, this is probably impossible to disprove, but I'm incredibly skeptical. First, there were two separate women (according to the Politico story). Second, they left good jobs and didn't get much money, so if they were extortionists they were remarkably poor ones. Third, a number of people, including board members seem to have taken their complaints quite seriously. Fourth, there was a long series of complaints, apparently giving Cain ample time to avoid them if he chose to do so. Fifth, Cain hasn't really definitively denied the substance of the allegations (whatever that is, exactly), instead claiming poor memory and pointing out that sexual harassment is subjective.

Cain has pointedly denied the substance of the allegations on at least a couple of occasions. I'm not sure how much more pointed "I have never sexually harassed anyone" can get.

And of course those charged with corporate governance took the allegations seriously. I would hope so. It is their obligation to ensure allegations of unethical behavior are investigated and if need be punished. But just saying they took the allegations seriously doesn't indicate one way or the other whether there was any validity to the claims. That's like saying the audit committe took their annual audit very seriously and then saying that's indicative of severe financial reporting problems existing. It's their job to take a serious approach to these matters whether a problem exists or not.

How many versions of the story is he up to now?

Did you watch the interview to see for yourself or are you just making unfounded assumptions?

I've already heard 3 versions of the story right from idiot Cain's mouth.

So then who were you fucking 20 years ago? Who did you hit on 20 years ago? Who did you make innocent comments to 20 years ago? Who may come forward from your place of employment of 20 years ago that may have made unfounded alligations that you can't remember either? Did you forget to wipe once 20 years ago? Will someone say you did? Should we believe them even if you can't remember? What if they have a full unopened roll of toilet paper from the time in question? Is that proof that your lying? What if the water bill shows that the flow was light and probably didn't contain paper? Your looking more and more guilty by the second despite the fact that my consumption of alcohol may have contributed to this possibly unfounded story.

Your guilty. Pig

On Greta Vansusterans show. If there is any merit to this charge it will surface in the next few days. He is now completely on the record, in detail, about the situation. I know you lefties are desperate to find guilt but if a story that opposes his doesn't surface in the next couple of days this is a dead issue.

So instead of creating false prophets let's all do the responsible thing and wait and see.

I like Cain--but I really think this is going to cause problems. Paying off anyone--suggests that something was inappropriate. I think this one is a time bomb just ticking--and we certainly don't want this popping up "after" Cain wins the nomination. Best to get it out right now.

On Greta Vansusterans show. If there is any merit to this charge it will surface in the next few days. He is now completely on the record, in detail, about the situation. I know you lefties are desperate to find guilt but if a story that opposes his doesn't surface in the next couple of days this is a dead issue.

So instead of creating false prophets let's all do the responsible thing and wait and see.

I like Cain--but I really think this is going to cause problems. Paying off anyone--suggests that something was inappropriate. I think this one is a time bomb just ticking--and we certainly don't want this popping up "after" Cain wins the nomination. Best to get it out right now.

Companies buy silence ALL THE TIME despite the validity of any insinuations. Bad publicity cost far more than a few thousand dollars.

Republicans will look at this with relief. They're just glad it wasn't a "dude". Most will say, "Oh, he's a man. He's one of us".

And many other reasonable people will say "innocent till proven guilty"

Jerk

He's all over the TV. He only denied it at first. Now he's dancing around the issue with multiple stories. But the parts of the story he does admit is that he said something that caused offense and he did pay out shush money.

Who gives a shit about what happened 20 years ago?

Liberals. Pure as the driven snow liberals. Liberals all of a sudden took a puritan pill.

:lol:

All of a sudden sexual harassment counts from 20 years ago for libs. Of course we won't include Juanita Broderick, Kathleen Willey or Paula Jones because they were all just sluts and asking for it.

But now libs do care a great deal about women who might have been sexually harassed. Amazing. Bloody hypocrites.

Cain looked like a dog shitting razor blades on Greta.

I'm sure that's because he's heartbroken that he's lost your vote over this charge. And now rdean won't be able to bring himself to vote for Cain either.

I do hope you realize that conservatives don't give a crap about this. The moral majority is dead and truly the only thing conservatives care about these days is removing that left wing lunatic from the White House.

I've got no dog in this hunt. Frankly I could care less who is the President. My focus up and coming will be the Senate. That's the key to it all. Keep the House and take the Senate and Daffy Duck could be President for all I care.

Pluto's already in charge. Another Disney character won't make a difference.

so we needed a new thread for your personal thoughts on the matter? how vain

YOU_MAD.jpg

Forum List

Back