Cain is toast

Really: If Cain wanted to run for president after becomming entangled in sexual piccadellos, then he joined the wrong party.

Either that, or he thought his stuff wasn't so bad after watching people like Larry Craig and John Ensign.

When did Craig or Ensign attempt to become the Republican nominee for President?

They attempted to be Politicians!

If the media don't expose them, who will?

No. if cain is toast its due to people making up crap about him.

so you assume he is telling the truth......seems to be shifting truth at best

The evidence is unconvincing. The timing is suspect with the latest one. It just so happens that when the original alleged victims were given permission to speak freely and choose not to, that a completely unknown woman with Gloria Allred as her attorney comes out of nowhere?

Even ignoring the BS political stunts Allred has played over the years, dont you think it's kind of odd that she doesn't show up until it's obvious that no one is going to actually step forward to make a claim?

And if something actually happened, why wouldn't the oirginal complaintents say something? They have plenty of motivation to come forward and virtually none not to.

Had this latest one been real, it would have come out the first week of the scandal. Not conveniently after none of the others alleged victims pan out. Major credibility issue from the gate.

You know..........on the first 2, I'd believe it, because there are court documents and cases were filed and paid, we just can't get to them because of the confidentiality agreements signed in those cases.

As far as the 3rd one? Not sure, sounds kinda iffy.

As far as the 4th one? Something definitly is rotten in Denmark, because Alred is one of those ambulance chasing whores who seeks publicity and money only, no matter if she's on the right side or not.

But the first 2, I believe are true.

Either that, or he thought his stuff wasn't so bad after watching people like Larry Craig and John Ensign.

When did Craig or Ensign attempt to become the Republican nominee for President?

Not quite what I'm saying..........Cain saw how the GOP circled the wagons around those people and decided that since he'd only been accused of harassment (and confidentiality agreements were signed) that even if this did crop up, the GOP would circle around him and it would go away.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Um....Ensign and Craig resigned.

What exactly do you mean "the GOP circled around them?"

I think you're confusing them with the DNC, Barney Frank, and Anthony Weiner.

They attempted to be Politicians!

If the media don't expose them, who will?

No they actually served in office as politicians.

Regardless, you're correct: it should be the responsibility of the media to reveal the FACTS about candidates. It is the responsibility of those candidates' parties to vet them, and it is OUR choice to decide if the facts matter.

Likely all of these claims are basless and brought by opportunists looking for a buck at the time. I have personally known of a hundred for more harassment claims, not one of which was real. All of them ginned up to make a dollar.

I recall one, a nurse in San Pedro Peninsula Hospital who claimed hostile working environment because she observed a doctor give his wife a good bye kiss in the parking lot. The nurse got a few thou out of it. It is suspect that these claims are exactly the same type of claim. Vague harassments, accusations of hostile working environment, all these claims are bogus and they always were. The media is going to make as big a thing as they need to out of it. They excell in making or breaking a candidate.

Wow, a huge Cain supporter! Maybe you can do something none of the others even try to do when I ask them... Name five policies you like that Cain offers, go in depth, please!

I feel sorry for Cain on any front. If the allegations are false and meant simply to destroy him, what a horrible thing to have to go through. If the allegations are true, then he needs to drop out of the race for president and seek help for being a sexual cad. Either way, I wouldn't trade places with him for anything. He's in the hot seat now, and he asked for it.

I feel sorry for Cain on any front. If the allegations are false and meant simply to destroy him, what a horrible thing to have to go through. If the allegations are true, then he needs to drop out of the race for president and seek help for being a sexual cad. Either way, I wouldn't trade places with him for anything. He's in the hot seat now, and he asked for it.

You've just outlined pretty much why I would never run for political office. Either there is something in your past that they latch onto and won't let go of (best defense is to admit it and move on), or they will make up some crap just so your opponent can win the election.

Me? I was in one of the most high visibility jobs at my commands, and after 20 years, it's good to be out of the fishbowl.

You've just outlined pretty much why I would never run for political office. Either there is something in your past that they latch onto and won't let go of (best defense is to admit it and move on), or they will make up some crap just so your opponent can win the election.

Me? I was in one of the most high visibility jobs at my commands, and after 20 years, it's good to be out of the fishbowl.

Being psychopathological probably wouldn't help your candidacy either.

Nope.........not a psychopath or any other kind of mentally unstable type. If I was, it would have shown up in the psych screenings when I got my Top Secret clearance.

cain is toast due to his past actions which have caught up with him...did he not expect the media to find these claims and settlements?

Somewhat right. If he handled it better, he might have been able to come through to the other side. But he handled it like an amateur and has even the most devote Cain supporters (like me) doubting him!

Nope.........not a psychopath or any other kind of mentally unstable type. If I was, it would have shown up in the psych screenings when I got my Top Secret clearance.

:eusa_shhh:

Of course they would.....

Sure.

So sad when people just cry about the media and refuse to ever accept that their politician won't win because americans don't want him to win.

I'm a Ron Paul supporter, yes it's true the media hates him cuz he's not a status quo rep or dem, but that's not why he won't be elected. It's because those who vote still like status quo reps and dems for whatever reason.

Ron Paul is starting to seem more appealing to me, but he has a raw deal.

The Leftist media hates him for being way to far right. Imagine the Paul bashing the would occur if Paul jumped to number 1 in the polls. The racist newsletters would be an hourly conversation piece on MSNBC and they would be talking about Paul pushing seniors, babies, students, blacks, latinos etc over the cliff! It would be relentless.

But then the right leaning media doesn't like him anymore, because of his foreign policy stance. They either ignore him or bash him relentless. Conservative bloggers aren't any nicer.

Should Cain drop from the race? Consider, if elected Cain will be vulnerable to civil action by those who have claimed his behavior was 'inappropriate' as noted in the OP [See: Clinton v. Jones, 520 US 681 (1997)].

Can our nation afford another fiasco and politically motivated constitutional crisis in Washington D.C.?
Can we afford the cost of a special prosecutor and months of gridlock in our already gridlocked national capitol?

Should Cain drop from the race? Consider, if elected Cain will be vulnerable to civil action by those who have claimed his behavior was 'inappropriate' as noted in the OP [See: Clinton v. Jones, 520 US 681 (1997)].

Can our nation afford another fiasco and politically motivated constitutional crisis in Washington D.C.?
Can we afford the cost of a special prosecutor and months of gridlock in our already gridlocked national capital?

Cool.

So we should all be able to pick off our opponents from now on by the simple expedient of getting some anonymous women to accuse them of sexual harassment!

Yeah. Fuck that presumption of innocence thing.

Come on Wry. I know you and I don't see eye to eye on much of anything, but surely even YOU have to recognize how silly that would be.

Can we afford the cost of a special prosecutor and months of gridlock in our already gridlocked national capitol?

No.. he needs to hang in there and fight like hell. Conservatives don't cower or throw in the towel where liberal propaganda and the politics of personal destruction thrive. That cannot stand regardless of what happens.

Forum List

Back