Cain: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself'

Over simplification with no intellectual depth

Again, we're not talking about Obama.

I know but that doesn't stop you from saying "oooobama" every other post.

Translation:

"I know you are but what am I"?

peeweegay300ex9-1.jpg

1. There are MANY reasons people don't have jobs through no fault of their own.

2. Not everyone enjoys screwing others to get rich.

Herman Cain, the new darling of the right, seems to think that the big banks and Wall St are beyond reproach when it comes to the poor economy and lack of jobs in the US. He also has a wild conspiracy theory that the Occupy Wall St protests are being staged by the left to draw attention away from Obama. On top of calling gays 'godless' in 2004, this latest gust of wind from the pizzaman-turned-presidential-candidate ought to solidify his standing among the far-right. Unfortunately, most Americans don't share his opinion that the big banks are good guys (not that he'll get the nomination).

Herman Cain On Occupy Wall Street: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself' (VIDEO)

Asked by the Journal's Alan Murray about his thoughts on the demonstrations, which initially began in New York City and have since spread around the country, Cain responded:

"I don't have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration. Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself! ... It is not a person's fault if they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed."

Cain went on to admit that the banks had something to do with the economic crisis of 2008, but pointed out that it was now 2011, seemingly downplaying any lasting effects of the practices of big banks and Wall Street.

Who else is responsible for your fate?

How many right wingers on the USMB live off SS and Medicare or disability? 40%? 60%? More?

Herman Cain, the new darling of the right, seems to think that the big banks and Wall St are beyond reproach when it comes to the poor economy and lack of jobs in the US. He also has a wild conspiracy theory that the Occupy Wall St protests are being staged by the left to draw attention away from Obama. On top of calling gays 'godless' in 2004, this latest gust of wind from the pizzaman-turned-presidential-candidate ought to solidify his standing among the far-right. Unfortunately, most Americans don't share his opinion that the big banks are good guys (not that he'll get the nomination).

Herman Cain On Occupy Wall Street: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself' (VIDEO)

Asked by the Journal's Alan Murray about his thoughts on the demonstrations, which initially began in New York City and have since spread around the country, Cain responded:

"I don't have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration. Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself! ... It is not a person's fault if they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed."

Cain went on to admit that the banks had something to do with the economic crisis of 2008, but pointed out that it was now 2011, seemingly downplaying any lasting effects of the practices of big banks and Wall Street.

Nobody is responsible for my fate. What does that have to do with the big banks causing the Great Recession and raping consumers?

Translation:

"This is why we leftists are taking competition out of education and awarding kids points just for trying...why bother? Life is UNFAIR..."

well then, WHO'S fault is it they don't have a job??
and great, if you don't enjoy screwing others to GET RICH. your ass better not be on welfare, food stamps, etc etc etc. go live in some commune and eat dirt and grass...and spread some peace and love.

Nobody is responsible for my fate. What does that have to do with the big banks causing the Great Recession and raping consumers?

Really? Not even yourself?

Every President since Nixion has been working on shipping our industrial base to the third world. Both Republican and Democrat presidents...China wouldn't be two steps away from becoming a super power if it wasn't so. You're right the big banks and the offshoring is killing this nation. To bad Obama is doing it like the presidents before him. Who do you think has the wealth to elect a president? Well, the banks and big business.

Last edited:

Doncha just love the Liberals of today? They think that if they cry hard enough and loud enough and long enough that it, whatever they are currently complaining about, will not be their fault. Well, some things are and some things aren't and sometimes life just sucks.

Man up! if you don't have money then get a job. It doesn't have to be the CEO of a corporation or the Dean of a college. Maybe it's the counter guy at the local McDonalds. So what? It's a job. You know what else? There's some guy who hasn't got that job who wishes he did.

You get one job and if you don't like it look for another. Then another. Then another. You keep looking until you find one you like. Then you grab it with both hands and hang on tight. You work late and start early. You ask if there's anything else you can do. You imitate the actions and words of those who are successful.

For the love of God! Did you think mommy was always going to be there to bail you out when you skinned your knee or the bully made you cry?

Grow a pair, wake up early tomorrow and go to work.

The jig is up!

The offspring of libs who went to college to learn social engineering, folk dancing and mantra chanting have resigned themselves to the reality that they are unemployable. Since they learned nothing of economics they are now demanding fiscal equality. Everybody gets the same, whether from hard work or government largess.

They DO have a point. As we who have worked and saved and, along the way, created jobs, move away and quit working they believe we'll have achieved equality, albeit in poverty.

But they're wrong.

When the only government income is created by fiat that money won't buy anything. Of course, unless "it" is grown or mined by government there won't be much to buy. Going to be difficult, though, for government to grow or mine anything when everyone is kicking back and suckling at the government teat. But no problem - just import people from other countries. That'll work until those other countries start teaching a little bit of economics.

But they won't.

Will they?

...the big banks and Wall St are beyond reproach when it comes to the poor economy and lack of jobs in the US

Question for you: Do you blame only corporations for the state of the economy or do you also blame the politicians that wrote regulations which prevented any legal action against the leaders of those companies? Do you blame politicians for the CRA, which forced banks to make loans that should not have been made? Do you blame politicians for backing any bad loans the banks made through the creation of Fannie and Freddie? Do you blame politicians for bailing out those banks and other companies with taxpayer money? Do you blame politicians for accepting contributions from companies in exchange for favorable, competition-squelching regulations?

Does government hold any blame at all or is all on the evil companies?

When politicians are to blame.....the people can vote them out. we have no such ability when it comes to the corporate elite.

Government holds blame.....mainly because too many politicians were unable to summon the courage to do what is right, accept that they'd lose campaign donors, and try to get re-elected on merit rather than ad spin.

The blame is for allowing the corporations to act at will......which is not what is in the best interests of the nation as a whole.

"Can" vote them out but when Ds and Rs are chalk full of central planners and "my big government is better than yours" types, it makes little difference.

More importantly, you speak as though you, or someone, has magic beans. Seriously, you talk as though there is some potential for politicians with the power to centrally plan huge segments of our nation's economy to NOT be influenced by the more powerful entities they oversee...some sort of progressive fairy tale I guess. The hard truth is that is never going to happen, as both parties have been proving forever. The only way to prevent crony fascism is to restrict politicians from meddling where they have no constitutional right to do so.

Corporations only act to improve growth and profit. That's it. If that means contributing to the right politician or paying for the right K Street guy, that's what they do. If that politician had no ability to meddle in that company's market, I assure you they would not spend the money.

What's in the best interest of the nation as a whole would be for nanny staters and central planners to stop thinking you know what's best for other people...and to stop believing in magic beans.

You want to keep the politicians from going to the money. I prefer to keep the money from going to the politicians. What a pissing match we could have, eh!

The part where you get screwed is here: "Corporations only act to improve growth and profit. That's it."

Very true...........and the very reason why they cannot be entrusted with captaining our ship. They'll take a short-cut and run us aground. When we look for them, we'll find they
made off with the loot and left us with ziltch.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back