Cain got caught in a lie.

I'm listening to them discuss it on TV. They showed a clip from a Cain interview from yesterday. He was asked why, since he lived in Atlanta, Georgia why he didn't march. He said the marchers were college students and he was in high school. It was pointed out that he was at MLK's college from 1963 to 1967, and in his 20's. He said that his father taught them not to get in trouble and they if they were told to move to the back of the bus, they moved to the back of the bus. Cain was asked what would have happened if Rosa Parks followed his father's advice, where would blacks be today? He said his father didn't give advice to Rosa Parks and at this point, became very, very angry and said, "Don't tell me how to be black".

Now this is a guy who has questioned Obama's "blackness and Americanism" and calls other blacks "brainwashed". A man who sat in the back of the bus and lied about why he wasn't "involved". MLK would would not be a Republican today. Cain received benefits he didn't earn. That much is clear.

What was the lie? Where is the link?

Obama is 50 years old; Cain is 65 years old. I find it very difficult to understand how an able black man could/would have just ignored the civil rights movement without any participation. The African-American Civil Right Movement took place during the 1955-1968 timeframe. Surely Cain could have jumped in there somewhere to show some support for his race. Does he not have any racial loyalty? Even many whites were marching and protesting on behalf of blacks during this period.

You support racial loyalty as long as it's not whites working towards our survival as a race. Seems like you wish that whites would just be removed from the gene pool of humanity. Am I right?

I fail to see the similarity? Russell Means is an Oglala Sioux activist for the rights of Native American people. He does heavy lifting for his people.

The similarity is: I don't have the right to call a Native American an "Uncle Tomahawk" unless I am a Native American. Just as you don't have the right to call Herman Cain a Uncle Tom, unless you are a black American.

Is Tomahawk a common name for Native American men?

Do some research.

Obama is 50 years old; Cain is 65 years old. I find it very difficult to understand how an able black man could/would have just ignored the civil rights movement without any participation. The African-American Civil Right Movement took place during the 1955-1968 timeframe. Surely Cain could have jumped in there somewhere to show some support for his race. Does he not have any racial loyalty? Even many whites were marching and protesting on behalf of blacks during this period.

So every black person was expected to march?

I didn't know that.

I bet we could find many others that didn't participate, if not out of fear or for some other self-preservation reasoning.

:eusa_shhh:

Your an idiot. What do you say about those that havnt joined the military to protect ALL of us and our freedoms? Better yet, did you serve? If not how can you have an opinion on ANYTHING that they fought to protect?

Just shut up already............:dig:

You support racial loyalty as long as it's not whites working towards our survival as a race. Seems like you wish that whites would just be removed from the gene pool of humanity. Am I right?

Look around, wishes do come true.

Here is another story of a smart, educated, successful Black man, Percy Julian. He suffered much discrimination in his life but knew that his success was far more important than getting arrested in a protest.

Now tell us he is 'not Black enough', knows shit about civil rights, and call him an "Uncle Tom". :rolleyes:

Your an idiot. What do you say about those that havnt joined the military to protect ALL of us and our freedoms? Better yet, did you serve? If not how can you have an opinion on ANYTHING that they fought to protect?

I did serve during the most unpopular war of all "Viet Nam". I too find it amazing that someone who is being put forth as so astute as Herman Cain is that he 'chickened out' of the fight.

I did serve during the most unpopular war of all "Viet Nam". I too find it amazing that someone who is being put forth as so astute as Herman Cain is that he 'chickened out' of the fight.
He no more 'chickened out' than Bill Clinton did.

Moron.

You clearly missunderstood my point, but that doesnt surprise me.

You clearly missunderstood my point, but that doesnt surprise me.

It doesn't amaze me that you missed my change of the point.

So by your criteria, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are more than qualified to comment on Herman and the Civil Rights issue.

No, and neither am I, and I probably have more Arrests than both of them combined. This is not a Pissing contest. Who is anyone to Judge Cain for not Protesting or getting arrested. It is a matter of conviction, conscience, that is not found outside yourself. You are neither a better or worse person, as a result of it. We Each have Our Own Path. How long do you expect to live your life according to the expectations of others, diverting you from what is necessary for you?

I stopped worrying about others expectations when I was 6 years old. Mine are the only expectations I live my life to.

P.S. Re-read your criteria.
I stand by it. You inject Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton into the equation, as if their Opinion has more bearing? Because they chose to be Activists they are more qualified to judge him? Not exactly. They , like us have a right to their own perspective and voice.

Moron.

So you are so saying we should continue accepting less than?

Bush signed up - even thought he didn't always show up. Cain never even signed up.

More Expectations. I never knew that to be so much the Indian way. So... Life is manipulation? Is that it? Why should it matter whether a Statesman, from Any Political Philosophy Served in the Military or Killed Anyone in Battle, for that matter?

Moron.

I for one am sick of it and looking for a courageous champion. Don't see it among them Rep ranks. Just a bunch of bought and paid for economic folks. Whos only economic concerns are for their mastas'

Moron.

You got OBAMA. The lest quallified president weve ever had. How much less can we get? Cain actually held A REAL JOB at some point in his life. Obama? Not so much as a single refrence to a real world job.

Forum List

Back