Cain: Black community 'brainwashed' into voting for Dems

Black Americans are disproportionately less wealthy than the average American, disproportionately poor, low income, working class, etc.

The centerpiece of Herman Cain's domestic economic plan is a tax scheme that would cut taxes for the richer,

and raise taxes on the poorer.

Why on earth would he expect black Americans to give him widespread support?

They'd have to be braindead, not brainwashed.

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Telling how Cain and other conservatives fail to understand that Blacks might support democratic policies because they believe those policies are the best for America, just like millions of white, Hispanic, and Asian Americans – none of whom subject to ‘brainwashing.’

Blacks and whites support Democratic policies because they believe those policies will help THEMSELVES.
Nothing to do about America.

What policies do you support that hurt you, but help America?

Black Americans are disproportionately less wealthy than the average American, disproportionately poor, low income, working class, etc.

The centerpiece of Herman Cain's domestic economic plan is a tax scheme that would cut taxes for the richer,

I see you haven't bothered to read his 999 plan, have you???

999 | Herman Cain for President

So it's okay to take from whites in a disproportionate manner but not from blacks?

I see what you're getting at.

It's okay for some to scream "we want higher taxes now", just as long as it doesn't mean THEIR taxes will go up too.

Fact is Obama will raise everyone's taxes regardless, but he'll try to make it sound like it's a good thing for the poor and some of the middle-class. (But only for Union members) Everyone else get's a good butt reaming and spending will continue to go up, and he will adjust the tax-code to accomidate the ever increasing spending in DC.

Last edited:

Bull shit. Where is there anything in his policies that "raise taxes on the poorer".
That is total BS.

Telling how Cain and other conservatives fail to understand that Blacks might support democratic policies because they believe those policies are the best for America, just like millions of white, Hispanic, and Asian Americans – none of whom subject to ‘brainwashing.’

Blacks and whites support Democratic policies because they believe those policies will help THEMSELVES.
Nothing to do about America.

What policies do you support that hurt you, but help America?

Raising the retirement age from age 62 to age 65. I am 56.
Means test for Medicare. I am wealthy and this will affect me.
Eliminate the local school tax exemption for seniors over age 62.
Eliminate COLA increase social security as they are and fix them at cap of the CPI rate, not whacky inflation rate. This will affect me.
More SPLOST taxes locally. I consume a lot so I will pay more taxes with that.
Need more?

I am not at all surprised to see comments already popping up attacking Democrats and attacking the Black Community.

I am also not surprised to see NO comments on how Cain or the GOP could benefit the Black Community.

The Democrats aren't perfect, but until the GOP at least TRIES to help the Black Community, African-Americans will continue to favour the Democrats.

I'm curious...what Democratic initiatives do you think have "helped" the Black Community

Ok. This will be fun. I'll name a recent initiative or policy or stance from the Democrats and then you name one for the GOP.

Democrats are pro-choice
Democrats are pro-public education, for free.
Democrats are pro student aid for college students.
Democrats are pro affordable access to health care.

Oops! That's four. Ok. Your turn.

How is it that abortion rights help the Black Community? I happen to be a Republican who is pro-choice but I don't see the Democrats stance on abortion as something that benefits blacks.

In regards to education...Democrats are pro teacher unions and are adamantly opposed to school vouchers that would allow blacks the choice to send their children to better schools because that would take money away from public schools run by their buddies. How is being stuck in sub par schools run by sub par teachers been a good thing for blacks? Republicans are working hard to give parents a choice on where their kids are educated and overwhelmingly blacks as well as whites would rather have their kids attend schools OTHER than local public schools.

As for affordable access to health care? By passing Obamacare the Democrats have saddled America with another layer of entitlements that we can't afford...a piece of legislation that will ultimately lead to a drastic reduction in the quality of heath care received by the public and one that has kept employers from hiring because of the looming costs of that bill. Since the Black Communities' unemployment rate is nearly double the overall rate, have the Democrats REALLY helped them by passing this law? The Republicans proposed tort reform to lower health care costs. Democrats wouldn't even discuss that because their trial lawyer contributors bought them off. So instead of passing legislation to lower costs...we got Obamacare with higher costs and fewer jobs. That's not good for anyone...black or white.

Cain had the balls to articulate what alot of people have thought, but dare not say!
But when one has had stage-4 cancer and has looked death square-on in the face and beat it........well, truths become illuminated.
I'm getting to like Cain more every day.

They are indeed. And why? Because of idiotic liberal policies that encourage a hand out mentality. Anyone who votes for these policies should be ashamed of themselves. You have destroyed a generation of Americans. And we will not stand idly by and allow you to destroy another. Nope.

These Republitard yard Negroes are mad because blacks will not vote for black conservatives who lie prostrate for white Republicans, he's mad. Over 90% of blacks don't Republican and he does, is he smarter than most blacks? I think not.

These Republitard yard Negroes are mad because blacks will not vote for black conservatives who lie prostrate for white Republicans, he's mad. Over 90% of blacks don't Republican and he does, is he smarter than most blacks? I think not.

And there are SO MANY 'Republitard yard Negroes', as YOU put it. Demotard yard Negroes, which are numerous, are dealing this country a notorious poker hand.
Aces and Eights!

Because what you said is not true.
His tax plan would help all of us, including the poor.
You need to study the plan NY.
The Dems are always telling the minority untrue things.
Many Black's in the South love him.

Can you give me the English version of this?

I was a yard negro for a few years from age 17 through 24. I opened my first business then.
Yard negros come in many varieties, races, ethnicities and such.
When someone calls one a yard negro and they are of the same race it indicates two things:
Envy and jealousy; things the Bible frowns on.

(I can't find a thread on this yet, so...)

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"African-Americans have been brainwashed into not being open minded, not even considering a conservative point of view," Cain said on CNN's "The Situation Room" in an interview airing Wednesday between 5-7 p.m. ET. "I have received some of that same vitriol simply because I am running for the Republican nomination as a conservative. So it's just brainwashing and people not being open minded, pure and simple."

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.
Cain is the one that's brainwashed. Hook, line and sinker.

What a sucka!

The reason for this is because we as black people generally do not like self hating. Cain really thinks he is "in" with the republicans. He needs to open his eyes.

Republicans can now say, one of my best non relevant republican friend is black.

Obama 2012! See my sig.

You've been brainwashed.

The only person that isn't in is the one that excluded himself from the start.

Cain is perfectly acceptable to Republicans or Conservatives...mainly because he makes sense. We don't give a flying fuck what race he is.

I dont either..but HE WILL NEVER WIN THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION. Ever! The south already said they will never vote in a mormon, let alone a black man.

Obama 2012!

The "south" said this? Got audio/video?

:lol::lol::lol:

Wat a fucking moron you are...

(I can't find a thread on this yet, so...)

TRENDING: Cain: Black community ‘brainwashed’ into voting for Dems – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Cain wasn't going to get the nomination anyway, but to me this really feels like a gaffe. Part of that is probably that it reminds me of George Romney's "brainwashing" gaffe (George Romney presidential campaign, 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Obscure historical references aside, Cain's comments seem offensive, and I doubt his own race is going to give him much cover. I think the only acceptable position for a politician asking for votes is to respect the voters, and he failed to do that. Pleading for open-mindedness would have been fine, but he went too far.
Cain is the one that's brainwashed. Hook, line and sinker.

What a sucka!
Why do dem's think so lowly of blacks?

Why do they classify them as anything other then fellow americans?

Why do they make promises to 'em, and always leave them hanging?

Why do they convince them they are nothing unless the government is coddling them?

Why do they keep them imprisoned in our crappy public school system, without the choice to attend better schools?

Why do dems vehemently fight against charter schools, and voucher programs, that would provide black parents with better educational choices for their kids?

Why is that dem controlled communities build large scale housing projects, to corrall the blacks in?

Why do dem politicians use them as nothing more than tools?

Why are dems so racist towards blacks?

Last edited:
Democrats are pro-choice
Really, Only when it comes to Abortion. The are not pro choice when it comes to things like Guns, or say School Vouchers.
Democrats are pro-public education, for free.
Free? Nothing is free, anything the government gives away for "free" Actually costs us all in the form of Taxes.
Democrats are pro student aid for college students.
Nothing wrong with that.
Democrats are pro affordable access to health care.
Really?
Then why did they pass a Health Care Bill that fails to Lower the Cost of access to health Care?

The Truth is what you are saying is the Democrats are Pro Spending money, and having Government take care of everything for people.

The Truth is Republicans are not against affordable access to Health Care, or Student aid, or Public Education. We simply disagree on how best to provide those things.

Last edited:

I see you haven't bothered to read his 999 plan, have you???

999 | Herman Cain for President

Yes. It's a massive tax cut for the rich paid for by tax hikes on non-rich.

So it's okay to take from whites in a disproportionate manner but not from blacks?

I see what you're getting at.

It's okay for some to scream "we want higher taxes now", just as long as it doesn't mean THEIR taxes will go up too.

Fact is Obama will raise everyone's taxes regardless, but he'll try to make it sound like it's a good thing for the poor and some of the middle-class. (But only for Union members) Everyone else get's a good butt reaming and spending will continue to go up, and he will adjust the tax-code to accomidate the ever increasing spending in DC.

Why would lower income Americans vote for a man who wants to raise their taxes while he's cutting taxes on the Rich?

That's a fairly simple question.

Forum List

Back