Cain and Able

There is no single text called 'the bible' There is the Niacean Library, which is a collection of jesish rehashings of Sumraian myths and various lies and forgeries collectively known as the 'New Testament'

I can't stand agreeing with you, but you did pose a good point. The christian bible as we know it is a very abridged version of several thousand writings, most of which come from Sumeria, many from the Egyptian mythology even, Imhotep's story follows Jesus' almost exactly only instead of resurrection and "son of god" he was actually promoted to a god but started as a mortal. Other examples exist, but the collection of works which make up the bible were not completely added, they didn't want to make everyone have to carry around the whole library.

The reason the Creed didn't include many other important books is not because they just wanted to reduce the size of the Bible, but because there were many challenging doctrines in other writings that put down their individual dogmas and creeds. They condemn any religious writing not in the Bible they cannonized as heretical. This is of course absurd. The other writings should have been respected the same as the Bible. Plus the Bible was not put together by Jesus or His authoritative apostles. It was put together by a bunch of individual self proclaimed priests with no authority, however well meaning they may have been.

There is no single text called 'the bible' There is the Niacean Library, which is a collection of jesish rehashings of Sumraian myths and various lies and forgeries collectively known as the 'New Testament'

I can't stand agreeing with you, but you did pose a good point. The christian bible as we know it is a very abridged version of several thousand writings, most of which come from Sumeria, many from the Egyptian mythology even, Imhotep's story follows Jesus' almost exactly only instead of resurrection and "son of god" he was actually promoted to a god but started as a mortal. Other examples exist, but the collection of works which make up the bible were not completely added, they didn't want to make everyone have to carry around the whole library.

The reason the Creed didn't include many other important books is not because they just wanted to reduce the size of the Bible, but because there were many challenging doctrines in other writings that put down their individual dogmas and creeds. They condemn any religious writing not in the Bible they cannonized as heretical. This is of course absurd. The other writings should have been respected the same as the Bible. Plus the Bible was not put together by Jesus or His authoritative apostles. It was put together by a bunch of individual self proclaimed priests with no authority, however well meaning they may have been.

A very acceptable reply. I would agree with that to.

also, if you want to discuss a book, it would help if you ACTUALLY read it enough to know what it says
whether you believe it literally or not
but the question in this OP shows an ignorance beyond belief

also, if you want to discuss a book, it would help if you ACTUALLY read it enough to know what it says
whether you believe it literally or not
but the question in this OP shows an ignorance beyond belief

Yeah, but the OP has been told that several times and still doesn't get it, so we took off with the topic on our own. ;)

I am quite befuddled that the OP hasn't responded to any of my replies. I've answered his question directly but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Maybe he's just busy.

I am quite befuddled that the OP hasn't responded to any of my replies. I've answered his question directly but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Maybe he's just busy.
its clear he wasnt really interested in a real biblical discussion
just wanted to bash religion in general

I can understand why people bash religion in general because it can seem really superstitious and there are a ton of flaws I could find in just about every religion if I really wanted to. But it would seem a waste of time because I would rather just do what I think works best for me instead of trying to tear down others beliefs because of my own insecurities.

I can understand why people bash religion in general because it can seem really superstitious and there are a ton of flaws I could find in just about every religion if I really wanted to. But it would seem a waste of time because I would rather just do what I think works best for me instead of trying to tear down others beliefs because of my own insecurities.
exactly

but to call them lies and outright myths is not necessarily true.

I've gone over this in the past. The HT writers lied and made up prophecies that don't exist in the hebrew texts when creating the messianic myth (for example, the virgin birth)

I believe a lot of the missing pieces of the puzzle are gone but mostly, as far as it is translated correctly, the Bible is the word of God

Right... then why don't go back to God's original word, thee original versions of the tales- the Sumerian tablets?

That's right, you don't care about reality, facts, or reliability. All your care about is maintaining your dissonance and defending your fairy tales and delusions

I've gone over this in the past. The HT writers lied and made up prophecies that don't exist in the hebrew texts when creating the messianic myth (for example, the virgin birth)
How do you know it's a myth?

Right... then why don't go back to God's original word, thee original versions of the tales- the Sumerian tablets?

Sure, that would be nice. Where are they? Are they available online? I have no loyalty to a book. Only loyalty to the truth.

That's right, you don't care about reality, facts, or reliability. All your care about is maintaining your dissonance and defending your fairy tales and delusions

Au Contraire,
I care a lot about facts, reality and reliability. I don't believe in fairy tales either. I may believe in miracles. In fact I have been eyewitness to many myself. Many people witness miracles without even realizing it.
If you have read much of what I have posted by way of religion, I really love cold hard facts though. They're pretty stubborn things too. Reliability is in the eye of the beholder as well. Some people may not trust certain scientists because of their religious background, despite their presentations of evidence. But facts are facts, no matter the source.

LOL!! god you people are stupid!

LOL!! god you people are stupid!

First, who are "you people"?

Secondly, it is you who wishes to remain naive. The ancient texts are written in stone and much older, those transcribed in the libraries are not even complete but contain much more than the abridged book called the christian bible. Sorry, but denying it doesn't make it go away, and simply because the book you may have in your home isn't complete doesn't make it wrong, but you missed that point. It simply makes it incomplete, ask any Catholic scholar, they have a majority of the books the christian bible is composed of in their Vatican.

i can't stand agreeing with you, but you did pose a good point. The christian bible as we know it is a very abridged version of several thousand writings, most of which come from sumeria, many from the egyptian mythology even, imhotep's story follows jesus' almost exactly only instead of resurrection and "son of god" he was actually promoted to a god but started as a mortal. Other examples exist, but the collection of works which make up the bible were not completely added, they didn't want to make everyone have to carry around the whole library.

lol!! God you people are stupid!

first, who are "you people"?

Secondly, it is you who wishes to remain naive. The ancient texts are written in stone and much older, those transcribed in the libraries are not even complete but contain much more than the abridged book called the christian bible. Sorry, but denying it doesn't make it go away, and simply because the book you may have in your home isn't complete doesn't make it wrong, but you missed that point. It simply makes it incomplete, ask any catholic scholar, they have a majority of the books the christian bible is composed of in their vatican.

lol!!

lol!! God you people are stupid!

Secondly, it is you who wishes to remain naive. The ancient texts are written in stone and much older, those transcribed in the libraries are not even complete but contain much more than the abridged book called the christian bible. Sorry, but denying it doesn't make it go away, and simply because the book you may have in your home isn't complete doesn't make it wrong, but you missed that point. It simply makes it incomplete, ask any catholic scholar, they have a majority of the books the christian bible is composed of in their vatican.

lol!!

funny-pictures-cat-is-innocent.jpg

lol!!

funny-pictures-cat-is-innocent.jpg

meow

Cain and Abel.

The Bible stumbles like some idiot drunk (no, this is not an autobiography) into an allegorical evolutionary reality.

When ever two new ways of living come into conflict, there will be blood.

The book of Geneses was Darwinian long before Darwin became infatuated with those old female tortoises at Galapagos.

Last edited:
How do you know it's a myth? [/quopte]

You're really, really dense , aren't you?

Sure, that would be nice. Where are theyefending your fairy tales and delusions
Au Contraire,
I care a lot about facts, reality and reliability. I don't believe in fairy tales either. I may believe in miracles.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
In fact I have been eyewitness to many myself. Many people witness miracles without even realizing it.
If you have read much of what I have posted by way of religion, I really love cold hard facts though

lol

Go read my many posts. Your religion has been debunked time and again.

. They're pretty stubborn things too. Reliability is in the eye of the beholder as well.

:lol::lol:

You're really, really dense , aren't you?

No. I'm mildy intelligent:cool:

"Fools mock. But they shall mourn"

Go read my many posts.
Not interested. a few was enough.

Your religion has been debunked time and again.
:eusa_eh:oh?. Since when? Why have I not heard from you on the biggest thread on the board?

Last edited:
Cause you're an illiterate retard?

Your religion and every claim your kind has made has been been debunked time and again

You show your dishonesty as you continue to ignore the facts

Cause you're an illiterate retard?

Your religion and every claim your kind has made has been been debunked time and again

You show your dishonesty as you continue to ignore the facts

:blahblah:
Well I missed it! Dang!:eusa_doh: Can you please show me where I was ever debunked at any point?:doubt:
What facts am I ignoring? And can we stay on topic please? Oh yes, I'm so illiterate that I can read and write and banter with your ignorant arse.:lol:

Forum List

Back