Cain against assassinate American citizens that are terrorists

Avorysuds

Gold Member
Jul 4, 2010
Eugene Oregon
I wonder if he will flip flop on this too now that Ron Paul takes heat for upholding the constitution rather than going after political points...

May 25 2011, 9:00 AM ET

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ns-is-okay-but-not-assassinating-them/239400/

:president Obama has said that he has the authority to assassinate American citizens if he's declared them an enemy combatant in the War on Terror. Al Awlaki is one guy who is on the official government list where he can be taken out. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is it a good policy because it allows us to take out Americans who may have joined Al Qaeda? Or is it a bad policy-

Well first of all, this is the first that I have heard - you're saying it's okay to take out American citizens if he suspects they are terrorist related. Is that what you said?!

Yes, that's what I said.

I've got to be honest with you. I have not heard that. I had not heard that's something that he said. I don't believe that the president of the United States should order the assassination of citizens of the United States. That's why we have our court system, and that's why we have our laws. Even if the person is suspected of being affiliated with terrorism, if they are a citizen of this country, they still deserve the rights of this country, which includes due process. Osama bin Laden was not a citizen of the United States of America. So I would not have changed the decision the president made in that regard. But if you're a citizen, no, it is not right for the president to to think he has the power to have you assassinated. No. He has the power to make sure you're locked up, but you have to go through due process.

Last edited:
Stick a fork in Herman, he's done.

If the president didnt have that authority then the Civil War could never have been waged.

the dude in question declared Jihad against the USA, he was killed on his battlefield. declare war,, and you are treated as an emeny combatant. now get the hell over it and tell Ron Paul too.

the dude in question declared Jihad against the USA, he was killed on his battlefield. declare war,, and you are treated as an emeny combatant. now get the hell over it and tell Ron Paul too.

Awww. all butt hurt because Cain agrees with Ron, even with the guy that was killed last week was the guy he was directly asked about.

I thinbk it's a good think Cain has this poistion, I just wonder if he will fold on it once it could lose him a few points now that it's not just an attack on Obama.

I wonder if he will flip flop on this too now that Ron Paul takes heat for upholding the constitution rather than going after political points...

Herman Cain: Spying on Americans Is Okay, But Not Assassinating Them - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

:president Obama has said that he has the authority to assassinate American citizens if he's declared them an enemy combatant in the War on Terror. Al Awlaki is one guy who is on the official government list where he can be taken out. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is it a good policy because it allows us to take out Americans who may have joined Al Qaeda? Or is it a bad policy-

Well first of all, this is the first that I have heard - you're saying it's okay to take out American citizens if he suspects they are terrorist related. Is that what you said?!

Yes, that's what I said.

I've got to be honest with you. I have not heard that. I had not heard that's something that he said. I don't believe that the president of the United States should order the assassination of citizens of the United States. That's why we have our court system, and that's why we have our laws. Even if the person is suspected of being affiliated with terrorism, if they are a citizen of this country, they still deserve the rights of this country, which includes due process. Osama bin Laden was not a citizen of the United States of America. So I would not have changed the decision the president made in that regard. But if you're a citizen, no, it is not right for the president to to think he has the power to have you assassinated. No. He has the power to make sure you're locked up, but you have to go through due process.

Jebus, this guy should stick to delivering pizzas since he obviously has no knowledge of the constitution.

Herman Cain: Spying on Americans Is Okay, But Not Assassinating Them - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

Yes, that's what I said.

American citizen or not, once you are on the battlefield and fighting against america you are an enemy combatant. You do not have a constitutionally protected right to kill American soldiers as a United States citizen. And American soldiers DO have the right to protect themselves and protect one another from dick smacks like this man was.

Still desperately trying to legitimize Paul as a viable candidate I see. Nobel but pointless.

Nope, just wanted to see how many Cain fans would flip flop is all.

For me it is not about winning, but more doing the right thing and holding people accountable. I don't care if RP wins, he already has being that 3 years ago people laughed at him and now 3 years later most of his platform has been adopted.

Anyways, this is about what Cain said, not Ron Paul.

Last edited:

Awww. all butt hurt because Cain agrees with Ron, even with the guy that was killed last week was the guy he was directly asked about.

I thinbk it's a good think Cain has this poistion, I just wonder if he will fold on it once it could lose him a few points now that it's not just an attack on Obama.

Awww. all butt hurt because you know Ron Paul won't win a single primary...

ain't life grand? I agree with obie doodle. snuff the dude.. just like he snuffed bin laden daden

If Cain gets to be president the military will have to card every terrorist to make sure they aren't American before blowing them away. And if they are American, the military will have to say, sorry dude! and call the police to make an arrest.

:lol:

If Cain gets to be president the military will have to card every terrorist to make sure they aren't American before blowing them away. And if they are American, the military will have to say, sorry dude! and call the police to make an arrest.

:lol:

Yes I'm sure the Yemeni police were just waiting on a phone call to arrest old Anwar.

How do libs justify killing an American citizen while condemning waterboarding of noncitizens.....all of which are terrorists? This is an amazing quandary.

I'm not a lib.. and I justify it for the reasons stated. He committed no crime, he committed an act of war and died as a warrior on his battlefield.. syonara dude.

Awww. all butt hurt because you know Ron Paul won't win a single primary...

Umm, are the primaries happening that I don't know about? Oh and why would I care if RP won a Primary or not, the Thread was about Cain being against killing American citizens even if they are terrorists....

Does this strike a nerve with you or something, so you try and turn it into an attack on RP?

How do libs justify killing an American citizen while condemning waterboarding of noncitizens.....all of which are terrorists? This is an amazing quandary.

I'm not a lib.. and I justify it for the reasons stated. He committed no crime, he committed an act of war and died as a warrior on his battlefield.. syonara dude.

I'm still wondering what war that is... Can you go find us a declaration of war quick for us?

Easy. Follow the constitution.

So he could be charged with treason for justification? That's fine if that's what's happening but I haven't seen anything to validate that.

Forum List

Back