Cain 43%-Obama 41%

I agree...

Republicans would be crazy not to run Cain against Obama

No way Obama could defeat him

By this time next year with another year of failed policies under his belt, Obama couldn't beat his way out of a wet paper sack. But keep dreaming big little buckaroo!

I'm with you brother

Obama couldn't beat Cain with a ten foot TelePrompTer

He will be tougher to beat than even Sarah Palin

I agree...

Republicans would be crazy not to run Cain against Obama

No way Obama could defeat him

By this time next year with another year of failed policies under his belt, Obama couldn't beat his way out of a wet paper sack. But keep dreaming big little buckaroo!

I'm with you brother

I thought the last time Sarah Palin was involved in an election with Obama turned out bad for Palin.

Isn't Palin like 20 points behind Obama in the polls?

Maybe some folks in the Middle Class will think it's great that they get to pay taxes at a higher rate the the rich folks.

Under a flat or fair tax...or Cain's 999...no one would pay a higher income tax than anyone else. Why do you say the middle class would pay at a higher rate?

what do you consider middle class/
it would save me about 11%
your talking SS, Medicare, all of it

I don't follow. Under a flat tax, like Cain's, it doesn't matter how you define 'class' as everybody pays the same. What am I missing?

Under a flat or fair tax...or Cain's 999...no one would pay a higher income tax than anyone else. Why do you say the middle class would pay at a higher rate?

I don't follow. Under a flat tax, like Cain's, it doesn't matter how you define 'class' as everybody pays the same. What am I missing?

What you are missing is the 9% Sales Tax and it's effect on the Middle Class versus the wealthy. Here's an example; according to the Department of Labor, a family of four buys somewhere between 6,000-7,000 on food, their income is 50,000. So their overall taxes would go up a full percent or to 10% total taxes counting the sales tax on their food. Now a family of 4 with a household income of 250,000 spending the same amount for food would realize a meager .002% overall increase in their taxes or that same purchase would raise their taxes to 9.002%, including the sales tax on their annual purchases of food.

What you are missing is the 9% Sales Tax and it's effect on the Middle Class versus the wealthy. Here's an example; according to the Department of Labor, a family of four buys somewhere between 6,000-7,000 on food, their income is 50,000. So their overall taxes would go up a full percent or to 10% total taxes counting the sales tax on their food. Now a family of 4 with a household income of 250,000 spending the same amount for food would realize a meager .002% overall increase in their taxes or that same purchase would raise their taxes to 9.002%, including the sales tax on their annual purchases of food.

In both examples, if they are spending $6,000 on food, they are paying a sales tax of $540 under Cain's plan. Of course, a family of four making $250k is going to spend significantly more on food than a family just making $50k. People with more money purchase higher priced items and services.

As more and more Americans, in particular the Middle Class realizes the true cost of Cain's 9-9-9 with their check-to-check economic environment, Cains numbers will drop like a rock. But then maybe not. Maybe some folks in the Middle Class will think it's great that they get to pay taxes at a higher rate the the rich folks.

You guys just can not play with Facts can you. Cains Plan would make everyone pay the same income tax, Sales Tax and Business Tax.

Okay, I see what you're saying but I thought we were just talking income tax.

In any case, I've read Cain's plan excludes tax on food and medicine but I could be wrong about that.

Bottom line, our federal tax system desperately needs to be broader and simpler. While I remained very concerned about the Pandora's Box that is a national sales tax, at least Cain's plan spreads the base and with a 0% capital gains tax, it would be a real boost for investment in America. That I like. The current tax system where nearly half pay no income tax and the very rich have so many loopholes is untenable.

You believe that?? I'm surprised!!! Or maybe you right wingers only say polls are unreliable when you don't like the result. If you do like the result, they are worth posting. I would not get too comfortable though, if I were you.

Nah, Polls are always unreliable, However I think what we can take from these polls is less about Cain, Or Romney and how well people like them, and more about the Fact that Obama is in Serious Trouble.

If Cain can lead Obama in a Poll, just Imagine what a Better Candidate could do.

Romney Leads Obama by 7 to 14 Points Among Independents depending on the poll, I know you Democrat loyalists are not going to admit it, But that is a VERY bad sign. Our Elections are always decided by the Independents. Democrats are going to vote for Obama, Republicans are going to vote for the Republican. It is the Independents either side needs to sway. Obama seems clueless to that fact. I was sure he was going to try and pull of a move to the Middle to win back Independents that he has lost in Droves since being elected. Instead he has decided to come our Fighting, and go on a class warfare Tour Trying to convince people that everything would be ok if Republicans just gave him what he wanted. Another 450 Billion. He Stated losing Independents when he rammed through Health Care and the First Stimulus. If he thinks Making a Political Show demanding Congress pass yet another Stimulus or else, Is going to win him Independent votes. He is sorely mistaken.

I'm with you brother

I thought the last time Sarah Palin was involved in an election with Obama turned out bad for Palin.

Isn't Palin like 20 points behind Obama in the polls?

It turned out quite well for Sarah Palin. It didn't turn out so good for John McCain. But obama is black so he automatically got a number of votes based solely on skin color.

In any case, I've read Cain's plan excludes tax on food and medicine but I could be wrong about that.

It does, as almost every State Sales tax also does.

Liberals don't like playing with all the Facts. They want to convince people that a sales tax hits the poor the Hardest. When nothing could be further from the truth.

The poor get most of their food are the Grocery story. Because Unprepared Foods are exempt they pay NO taxes on that 6000 to 7000 they spend on Food.

The Rich Eat out, and spend FAR more money on Taxable Items than the Poor do.

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see that the Rich will pay more in a Federal Sales tax than the poor.

Not to mention the fact that all the illegals, and all the 50 Million tourists that come to this country each year, and all the Legal Temporary residents and students here now, Would also Pay into out 9% Federal Sales Tax.

It does, as almost every State Sales tax also does.

Liberals don't like playing with all the Facts. They want to convince people that a sales tax hits the poor the Hardest. When nothing could be further from the truth.

The poor get most of their food are the Grocery story. Because Unprepared Foods are exempt they pay NO taxes on that 6000 to 7000 they spend on Food.
Except his plan taxes food bought at a grocery store.

As more and more Americans, in particular the Middle Class realizes the true cost of Cain's 9-9-9 with their check-to-check economic environment, Cains numbers will drop like a rock. But then maybe not. Maybe some folks in the Middle Class will think it's great that they get to pay taxes at a higher rate the the rich folks.

All lies.

The rate is the same no matter which class some liberal places you in. Yall wanted everyone to pay their "fair share". Can't get anymore fair than taxing someone on their wages rather than some class envy bullshit.

You should change your avatar. Your liberalness is bleeding through.

All lies.

The rate is the same no matter which class some liberal places you in. Yall wanted everyone to pay their "fair share". Can't get anymore fair than taxing someone on their wages rather than some class envy bullshit.

not lies withthe pizza dude's 999 plan you'll pay that 9% on top of all your other taxes.

Meet the Press

All lies.

not lies withthe pizza dude's 999 plan you'll pay that 9% on top of all your other taxes.

Meet the Press

And your point is.......?

EVERYONE PAYS THE SAME PERCENTAGE UNDER 9-9-9

Forum List

Back