Caffeine fix..... like never before!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Do you need that caffeine fix? Here are two the new ways to get it.... inhale it!

I find the science of this very interesting, as the delivery system does not have to be processed through the body It goes for the most part right into the blood stream real time.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Move over, coffee and Red Bull. A Harvard professor thinks the next big thing will be people inhaling their caffeine from a lipstick-sized tube.

Critics say the novel product is not without its risks.
Students who tried free samples of AeroShot, an inhalable caffeine packed in a lipstick-sized canister, gave it mixed reviews. Students who tried free samples of AeroShot, an inhalable caffeine packed in a lipstick-sized canister, gave it mixed reviews. (Rodrique Ngowi/Associated Press)

The product, called AeroShot, went on the market late last month in Massachusetts and New York, and is also available in France. A single unit costs $2.99 US at convenience, mom-and-pop, liquor and online stores.

Biomedical engineering professor David Edwards said AeroShot is safe and does not contain common additives, like taurine, used to amplify the caffeine effect in common energy drinks. Each grey-and-yellow plastic canister contains 100 milligrams of caffeine powder, about the amount in a large cup of coffee, plus B vitamins.
Caffeine fixes inhaled - Health - CBC News

Buzzaire is, quite simply, a caffeine inhaler. One squeeze, one inhale, and you've just rushed 150mg of caffeine into your blood stream. Mints or drinks have to go through your digestive tract first before partying in your blood (or through your skin, in the case of caffeinated soap). But the lung/blood barrier is the fastest way (other than injection or IV) to get caffeine into your system. Not only will you get one heck of a rush, but you'll also freshen your breath! A hint of peppermint oil in each puff will give you a little extra perk with its peppy zing. Buzzaire can beat up your air!
ThinkGeek :: Buzzaire - Metered Dose Caffeine Inhaler

Do you need that caffeine fix? Here are two the new ways to get it.... inhale it!

I find the science of this very interesting, as the delivery system does not have to be processed through the body It goes for the most part right into the blood stream real time.

Move over, coffee and Red Bull. A Harvard professor thinks the next big thing will be people inhaling their caffeine from a lipstick-sized tube.

Students who tried free samples of AeroShot, an inhalable caffeine packed in a lipstick-sized canister, gave it mixed reviews. Students who tried free samples of AeroShot, an inhalable caffeine packed in a lipstick-sized canister, gave it mixed reviews. (Rodrique Ngowi/Associated Press)

The product, called AeroShot, went on the market late last month in Massachusetts and New York, and is also available in France. A single unit costs $2.99 US at convenience, mom-and-pop, liquor and online stores.

Biomedical engineering professor David Edwards said AeroShot is safe and does not contain common additives, like taurine, used to amplify the caffeine effect in common energy drinks. Each grey-and-yellow plastic canister contains 100 milligrams of caffeine powder, about the amount in a large cup of coffee, plus B vitamins.

Buzzaire is, quite simply, a caffeine inhaler. One squeeze, one inhale, and you've just rushed 150mg of caffeine into your blood stream. Mints or drinks have to go through your digestive tract first before partying in your blood (or through your skin, in the case of caffeinated soap). But the lung/blood barrier is the fastest way (other than injection or IV) to get caffeine into your system. Not only will you get one heck of a rush, but you'll also freshen your breath! A hint of peppermint oil in each puff will give you a little extra perk with its peppy zing. Buzzaire can beat up your air!

No. Cannot I enjoy my Morning Coffee Ritual in Peace. And No, I do not want a coffee enema either, I care not about how quickly it hits the blood stream. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ku4QUhoXk&feature=related]Huey Lewis and the News - I want a new drug - YouTube[/ame]
Huey Lewis and the News - I want a new drug

Something is bothering me about caffeine effects during gestation--seems like it could be bad for the mommie--high blood pressure or something? I think over a mug of coffee could be contraindicated for women during her confinement. Probably isn't too wonderful for baby either..

Caffeine not only isn't wonderful for mother or child, it can up the chances of miscarriage and do harm to the fetus.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJYhvz3P7o]The Sleeper Has Awaken - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNmdqnFVAE0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNmdqnFVAE0[/ame]

Last edited:
  • Banned
I'm still freaked out by the caffeinated soap. :eek:

Its the caffeinated "slimming" pants that freak me out! Caffeine also seems to be the newest latest and greatest ingredient in cosmetics.

I like coffee as a caffeine delivery system. I don't think I'll inhale anything into my lungs thank you.

I don't think I'll inhale anything into my lungs thank you.

tumblr_lury55F4NV1r0otbso1_500.gif

Something is bothering me about caffeine effects during gestation--seems like it could be bad for the mommie--high blood pressure or something? I think over a mug of coffee could be contraindicated for women during her confinement. Probably isn't too wonderful for baby either..

Caffeine not only isn't wonderful for mother or child, it can up the chances of miscarriage and do harm to the fetus.

My mother drank so much coffee prior to me being born, that after I was born I didn't sleep for 4 days.

I'm getting heart palpitations just thinking about it. I just finished my 30 minute meditation and I am getting nervous already. Omg..

Looks to me like those caffine inhalents might be a winner in terms of investment potential.

I am informed that coffee is the 5th largest traded commodity in the world.

Obviously a whole lot of people around the world like the amphetimine-like effects this mildly addictive drug gives them.

Basically caffine stimulates your aderenal gland which gives one that energy lift that so many (myself included) want.

I suppose that inhaling it enhaces the speed in which caffine causes the body to produce adrenaline. And the faster one goes from straight to high, the higher one feels.

So I expect that one of the downsides of caffine inhalation will be a creater sense of dependency on that drug for those who become habitually take that drug by that method.

Addiction makes people very loyal customers.

Its the caffeinated "slimming" pants that freak me out! Caffeine also seems to be the newest latest and greatest ingredient in cosmetics.

Caffeine slimming pants? :eek:

seriously..... :lol:

Caffeine-laced pants claim to help lose weight. Do they work? | abc7.com

After two weeks of wearing the caffeinated pants in our admittedly unscientific experiment, Hakim said she hasn't lost an ounce.

Sure she did. That money she paid for the pants. :razz:

Forum List

Back