Cable News Ratings: MSNBC Draws Lowest Primetime Viewership in Nearly 7 Years

Thanks peach. My post is what's called "sarcasm".

I got it. I was giving sarcasm back :biggrin:

You were? It sure didn't seem to be sarcasm. Are you sure?

Idiots like you wouldn't know a malaprop from an oxymoron. So go back to your stool in the corner, and put your dunce cap back on before you get yourself in trouble.

Idiots like you wouldn't know a malaprop from an oxymoron. So go back to your stool in the corner, and put your dunce cap back on before you get yourself in trouble.

I've been looking for trouble. Are you trouble? Finally!!

Fox isn`t 100% dem bashing? Are you sure? Whatever the case, only one of those networks keep their viewers stupid.
University Study Fox Viewers More Misinformed - US News
So now you'll explain why FN is ranked the highest cable news outlet in the country year after year after year right?
Must be a lot of really stuuuupid viewers out there right?
But you go ahead and keep living in your fantasy world. Reality never really was your cup of tea as I remember.

Yes there are a lot of stupid people in American with most of them watching Fox News.

I have the system beat. I don't watch either MSNBC nor fox. They are both biased beyond repair and their viewers frankly are drones and believe some of their agendas. MSNBC is a pity party and fox sides with the 1 percent over the working class. I can't stand either channel full of pompous, better than thou art FAKE people. In fact, I know that I could out debate any host on either channel. I will stake everything I own on that.

I've been looking for trouble. Are you trouble? Finally!!

Didn't I tell you to go sit on your stool and put your dunce cap back on? Now git.

I have the system beat. I don't watch either MSNBC nor fox. They are both biased beyond repair and their viewers frankly are drones and believe some of their agendas. MSNBC is a pity party and fox sides with the 1 percent over the working class. I can't stand either channel full of pompous, better than thou art FAKE people. In fact, I know that I could out debate any host on either channel. I will stake everything I own on that.

What do you own?

Fox isn`t 100% dem bashing? Are you sure? Whatever the case, only one of those networks keep their viewers stupid.
University Study Fox Viewers More Misinformed - US News

Do you believe everything that the left says? One very biased study does not make it true.

No
They also have Dem's on who bash Repubs.
Actually 2 University studies say that you`re stupid. What`s biased about the Univ. of Maryland and Fairleigh Dickinson University?

Insults don't do anything but make you look ignorant.
They are both very liberal Universities and receive grants from the Government.
What makes them "liberal" Universities and what do grants have to do with their surveys?

Most colleges that have majors in liberal arts are liberal. Both of those colleges do.

Any University Government Grants are all biased, based on the fact that if their studies don't reflect what they want to hear, the Grant money is not rewarded to them the next year.

That's not how grants work. You would know if you were educated. They give research grants to researchers who wish to research a certain phenomenon of our world, not to produce a certain result. If that were remotely true, why did the government give research grants to scientists studying climate change during the Bush Administration?

Common error........thinking that FOX and MSNBC are equally full of shit.

If MSNBC didn't have some desire to be credible.....they would have better ratings. They do, though. They stop short of being COMPLETELY FULL OF SHIT. They do not strive to be dishonest or disingenuous like the folks at FOX.

They are biased. But they admit it.

Not the same.

I don't subscribe to cable/satellite TV, or watch news shows.

If I did I might care what goes on in the minds of Fox, CNN, or MSNBC exes.

But if I want propaganda, I can get it for free on the internet without paying for it (save through ad revenue).

I own plenty... but its safe if I have to debate the clowns on those two channels. Not a one I would invite in my house that is for sure.

Do you believe everything that the left says? One very biased study does not make it true.

No
They also have Dem's on who bash Repubs.
Actually 2 University studies say that you`re stupid. What`s biased about the Univ. of Maryland and Fairleigh Dickinson University?

Insults don't do anything but make you look ignorant.
They are both very liberal Universities and receive grants from the Government.
What makes them "liberal" Universities and what do grants have to do with their surveys?

Most colleges that have majors in liberal arts are liberal. Both of those colleges do.

Any University Government Grants are all biased, based on the fact that if their studies don't reflect what they want to hear, the Grant money is not rewarded to them the next year.

That's not how grants work. You would know if you were educated. They give research grants to researchers who wish to research a certain phenomenon of our world, not to produce a certain result. If that were remotely true, why did the government give research grants to scientists studying climate change during the Bush Administration?

Yes I do know how they work.
Past experience with grants to the U of A in Arizona Psychology Labs and actually writing grant proposals for the Benson Child Abuse Program.
If you wanted research to reflect your ideology or theory and the study showed the opposite do you think that you would get another grant the next year?
No and the money would go to another university that would. Guess what? They then get another grant the next year.
It is not about which party is in power.
This particular study about Fox was about how they asked their questions.
It is also never mentioned that it was a small amount of people who only watched Fox and no other news. It is that way with anyone who watches only one news outlet not just Fox.

How about the actual words from scientists on climate change?
William M. Gray, an emeritus professor of atmospheric science at Colorado State University, is a leading proponent of this argument. He has said, in reference to the idea that humans are causing global warming, “It bothers me that my fellow scientists are not speaking out against something they know is wrong. But they also know that they’d never get any grants if they spoke out,”.

Richard S. Lindzen, a professor of atmospheric science at MIT has expressed similar views on the subject, writing, “Scientists who dissent from the alarmism have seen their grant funds disappear,”

In Oregon, there was a big issue with the State Climatologist, George Taylor. He was under threat of being fired, just because he is a "denier." After a long confrontation, the governor finally got his way. Taylor retired. I think he would have been fired, but a couple talk radio programs had the media informed of the situation.

Guidelines for grants has to support what they are looking for or you don't get that grant
Here is the site for Climate Change.;
nsf.gov - Funding - Climate and Large-Scale Dynamics - US National Science Foundation NSF
Each and every Grant states their goals.
The goals of the Program are to: (i) advance knowledge about the processes that force and regulate the atmosphere’s synoptic and planetary circulation, weather and climate, and (ii) sustain the pool of human resources required for excellence in synoptic and global atmospheric dynamics and climate research.
Research topics include theoretical, observational and modeling studies of the general circulation of the stratosphere and troposphere; synoptic scale weather phenomena; processes that govern climate; the causes of climate variability and change; methods to predict climate variations; extended weather and climate predictability; development and testing of parameterization of physical processes; numerical methods for use in large-scale weather and climate models; the assembly and analysis of instrumental and/or modeled weather and climate data; data assimilation studies; development and use of climate models to diagnose and simulate climate and its variations and change.

If you don't come up with what they want you don't get that Grant and if you continue to speak out against it you get fired or harassed enough so that you have to retire.
It is the same in any of studies not just climate change.
It gets very complicated but suffice it to say that the powers that be, are a well oiled machine and it does not matter which party is in power.
It is about how it was set up from the beginning.
Federal grants are defined and governed by the Federal Grant and Cooperative Agreement Act of 1977.

Forum List

Back