Cable News Last Night

I watched the Fox report at 7, the lead story was haiti.

Maybe you have a strange TV.
This only shows that some of us confuse "the news" from the "opinion pieces" .... They are of seperate content for different audiences.:eusa_whistle:

There's a problem in that, since it works both ways. People listen to opinion pieces and believe they are getting news, then damn the opinion pieces as being inaccurate, therefore untrustworthy, or take them for accurate therefore trustworthy reporting of news.

Last edited:
People really filp through channels?

I know I just flip through the guide and select which show to watch....

Actually, I turned on Hannity to see if he would have continuous coverage on Haiti.

He gave a brief summary of the situation for 3 minutes, then broke into MA Sen race.

The other networks continued coverage on Haiti.

It was just an observation.

People really filp through channels?

I know I just flip through the guide and select which show to watch....

Actually, I turned on Hannity to see if he would have continuous coverage on Haiti.

He gave a brief summary of the situation for 3 minutes, then broke into MA Sen race.

The other networks continued coverage on Haiti.

It was just an observation.

Oh, I don't watch Hannity... I believe his show isn't a news show, but more of a washington politics show... That would probably explain it...

As others have said, the newscasts on all the ntworks were focusing on Haiti...

Why would the Massachusetts senate race be important to Americans? I can see it being important in Massachusetts. I can see the result being of some importance to some Americans. But the vote isn't for nearly a week and most of it is bullshit politics as usual, with the media supercharging the issues as best fits their respective agendas.

In any case, to say that it is more important to Americans in general that the death of tens, or possibly hundreds of thousands of people would be to give credence to the view that Americans are heartless, arrogant, insular and altogether too self-absorbed.

I have not discussed the Massachusetts senate race with anyone. I have however discussed the tragic situation in Haiti.

FWIW, the lead story on the Fox, CNN and MSNBC homepages right now is Haiti.

Hmm why should our government and how it affects our daily lives be more important to us than a bunch of people we don't know and didn't care about yesterday who died?

I have not discussed Haiti with anyone. What's the point? There's nothing we can do since the earthquake already happened and those people are already dead.

Last edited:
Why would the Massachusetts senate race be important to Americans? I can see it being important in Massachusetts. I can see the result being of some importance to some Americans. But the vote isn't for nearly a week and most of it is bullshit politics as usual, with the media supercharging the issues as best fits their respective agendas.

In any case, to say that it is more important to Americans in general that the death of tens, or possibly hundreds of thousands of people would be to give credence to the view that Americans are heartless, arrogant, insular and altogether too self-absorbed.

I have not discussed the Massachusetts senate race with anyone. I have however discussed the tragic situation in Haiti.

Hmm why should our government and how it affects our daily laves be more important to us than a bunch of people we don't know and didn't care about yesterday who died?

I have not discussed Haiti with anyone. What's the point? There's nothing we can do since the earthquake already happened and those people are already dead.

It's called compassion.

Do you ever discuss baseball. If so, why? There's nothing you can do about it.

Hmm why should our government and how it affects our daily laves be more important to us than a bunch of people we don't know and didn't care about yesterday who died?

It's called compassion.

Wasted compassion is just that wasted. Dead people need no compassion. IN fact dead people don't need anything.

And no I never discuss baseball or any professional sports as I do not care about those time wasters.

I don't talk about the weather either.

It's called compassion.

Wasted compassion is just that wasted. Dead people need no compassion. IN fact dead people don't need anything.

And no I never discuss baseball or any professional sports as I do not care about those time wasters.

Fuck, you must be a fun guy to have a beer with.

It's called compassion.

Fuck, you must be a fun guy to have a beer with.

I am because I talk about interesting things.

Seriously how interesting is a conversation about baseball?

And why talk about the weather when we all got wet because it's raining?

Hmm why should our government and how it affects our daily lives be more important to us than a bunch of people we don't know and didn't care about yesterday who died?

That's certainly no compassion and ignorant thinking if I ever saw it.

I'm waiting to see how the Obama Administration is going to blame Bush for this earthquake or their lack of prepairedness or something. It is coming!!!!

I'm waiting to see how the Obama Administration is going to blame Bush for this earthquake or their lack of prepairedness or something. It is coming!!!!

This is a clear example of one of the things wrong with this country today.

He only talks about interesting things apparently.

What's all this compassion crap?

It would be hypocritical of me or anyone to say that all of a sudden they feel something for a bunch of people they never gave an iota of thought about.

And you'll have to explain why the comment is ignorant. What fact is it exactly of which I am ignorant?

I know there was an earthquake. I know the magnitude. I know where it was and I know there were casualties.

My compassion or lack thereof will not affect the people in Haiti. But the senate vote will affect my country and people I know.

He only talks about interesting things apparently.

Yeah a bunch of dead strangers is really interesting.

Not

I watched Nip/Tuck and no one was talking about Haiti. Damn selfish plastic surgeons!
Yeah. I was watching the Vampire Files and then Fringe. Not a frigging word about Haiti. Racist bastards, bloodsuckers and all.

I was just flippin' through the stations last night.

CNN was covering Haiti.

MSNBC was covering Haiti.

FoxNews was covering the Massachusetts Senate rate.

This is the MO for FOX. Bashing Obama and the Democrats comes before the real news. Watch that station for a while and it will become obvious.

I was just flippin' through the stations last night.

CNN was covering Haiti.

MSNBC was covering Haiti.

FoxNews was covering the Massachusetts Senate rate.

This is the MO for FOX. Bashing Obama and the Democrats comes before the real news. Watch that station for a while and it will become obvious.
This is just nonsense. Fox is spending a very large part of their time on Haiti during the news portions of their programming. More than I care to keep watching. If they filled their "opinion piece" time the same way I'd simply turn it off or watch something else.

Your can only stand so much. Sadly though, this thread suggests that either people are just hard up to complain about a news channel that is only one of many, or they simply do not know the difference between the news section and the editorial section of a newspaper, and likewise a cable news channel. It's a distinction they choose to ignore, and sound off about at the risk of seeming to be uninformed about those differences.

And newspapers such as the NYT, making no such distinction between their news pages and editorial pages reflect that failure to understand the difference between opinion and reporting the facts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back